• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there any way to edit Pokemon Black and White 3 Genesis using the disassembly??? The game that's in the pokecrystal file is just pokecrystal.gbc and other editing stuff. I need to find a way to use Black and White 3 Genesis at the disassembly...

Here's the link to the disassembly for the game, it's a bit further ahead than the demo if you build it from source: https://github.com/AzureKeys/BW3G

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2023
    Just finished the game up to the current finish. This has been fantastic so far. Archeops without Defeatist, what more needs to be said.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2022
    This might be a silly question but is this going to be 2 different rom hacks for a white version and a black version or is it just 1?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I've been playing your hacks since the releases of Unova Red and Kalos Crystal. I love your work. Definitely on par with Prism, heck even better graphically. Looking forward to a final release. Will current beta saves work with the final release?

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been playing your hacks since the releases of Unova Red and Kalos Crystal. I love your work. Definitely on par with Prism, heck even better graphically. Looking forward to a final release. Will current beta saves work with the final release?

Thanks! Unfortunately, saves from the current demo likely won't work on the next version, since there's a good bit of new stuff being added and swapped around compared to the demo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2022
    It's been another 2 months since I've been here. Just wondering how progress is going. I'm sorta just waiting for another pokemon rom hack to come out and this one I'm hyped for because I've been waiting for it since January already lol

Years
    • Seen today
    It's been another 2 months since I've been here. Just wondering how progress is going. I'm sorta just waiting for another pokemon rom hack to come out and this one I'm hyped for because I've been waiting for it since January already lol

Progress has been slower the last couple of months due to changes at the office (basically I can't remotely access my home PC and work on it during lunch breaks anymore), but I'm still going ahead. Most recently I've mapped out some of the additional side areas (Mistralton Cave and Moor of Icirrus), and have been working on the graphics/layout for the Opelucid Gym. Not 100% sure if I'll hit my year end goal now that my time to work's been cut, but we'll see.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    Pokémon black and white and their sequels are my favorite Pokémon games of all time and I've been following this journey since it was posted, a lot of gbc hacks seem to fall short and you seem to be one of the few to actually make them. Just letting you know I will support you in any way I can while sending my hopes and prayers! Good luck in finishing it!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good Rod location??? I need to know how to get Basculin before the 3rd gym badge at the current demo. I saw your Github page, it says Old Rod (Pond). It is not confirmed yet :(

Years
    • Seen today
    Good Rod location??? I need to know how to get Basculin before the 3rd gym badge at the current demo. I saw your Github page, it says Old Rod (Pond). It is not confirmed yet :(

Good Rod is not available before Gym 3, it is in Virbank. You can find Basculin with the Old Rod in any Pond location (try Reversal Mountain, for example).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I'm so exited about this game! Questions:
    1. Will I be able to obtain all Pokemon in some way shape or form come the final release?
    2. I know Fairy type wasn't released until Gen 6, but there were quite a few Pokemon from earlier gens that received that type. Is it planned to be in game?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good Rod is not available before Gym 3, it is in Virbank. You can find Basculin with the Old Rod in any Pond location (try Reversal Mountain, for example).

I tried. Didn't work. I was apparently using the 01.09.2021 version of this game (or should I say it beta 3). Guess I'll have to stick with the docs way of getting Basculin which is the Good Rod method :(

Years
    • Seen today
    I tried. Didn't work. I was apparently using the 01.09.2021 version of this game (or should I say it beta 3). Guess I'll have to stick with the docs way of getting Basculin which is the Good Rod method :(

Ah, yes, you're right, I was looking at the github info, but there was a fairly significant locations overhaul between the most recent "official" demo and the current version on github. Going through my old docs, Basculin was in the "lake" subgroup with the Good Rod, so you're right that you'd need that rod before getting Basculin.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm so exited about this game! Questions:
    1. Will I be able to obtain all Pokemon in some way shape or form come the final release?
    2. I know Fairy type wasn't released until Gen 6, but there were quite a few Pokemon from earlier gens that received that type. Is it planned to be in game?

In the final release, you'll be able to obtain all Pokemon that are programmed into the game, which is 252 in the current version, and will be closer to 450 in the "final" final release (when I port over to the Polished Crystal engine). In both cases, it will be possible to complete the in-game Pokedex on a single save, but it won't have all ~900 Pokemon in it.

Also yes, Fairy type does exist in this game (it's meant to fit as a sort of mid-way point between G5 and G6, so things like Fairy type, some move power adjustments, etc. are present).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    In the final release, you'll be able to obtain all Pokemon that are programmed into the game, which is 252 in the current version, and will be closer to 450 in the "final" final release (when I port over to the Polished Crystal engine). In both cases, it will be possible to complete the in-game Pokedex on a single save, but it won't have all ~900 Pokemon in it.

Also yes, Fairy type does exist in this game (it's meant to fit as a sort of mid-way point between G5 and G6, so things like Fairy type, some move power adjustments, etc. are present).

Wait, did they figure out how to get more than 255 slots in Crystal? That's dope!

Years
    • Seen today
    Wait, did they figure out how to get more than 255 slots in Crystal? That's dope!

Yep, Polished Crystal was able to re-configure the Pokemon data structure to add more room for species data, so it can now hold up to 510 mons (though that update is still being worked on at the moment). I'm waiting for that (and possibly a planned expansion of number of moves available) before I start trying to port BW3:G to Polished. So I'll likely end up releasing the current version of BW3:G up through credits using the current engine, but I'm pretty excited about the eventual Polished version.

Back