• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Days
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I've been playing as of late and while I find the level spikes for the gym leaders a bit off-putting, the game is quite fun.
    And I decided for a test to see how it would go if I used the print function in the Pokedex.

Well; that's certainly something.

Attachments

• Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)
      IMG_2767.jpeg
      399.6 KB · Views: 32
    Years
  • Hi! Just wanted to comment that I had a blast with this game, amazing job! This was my final team:
    Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

It was fun and challenging, I feel like my team was pretty bad and not very well balanced haha.

By the way, out of curiosity, I got all TMs in the game except for TM42. Where was it located?

Again, good job, really good game!

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi! Just wanted to comment that I had a blast with this game, amazing job! This was my final team:
    Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

It was fun and challenging, I feel like my team was pretty bad and not very well balanced haha.

By the way, out of curiosity, I got all TMs in the game except for TM42. Where was it located?

Again, good job, really good game!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! TM42 is Dream Eater, it's in Aspertia City, across the little pond in front of Nate/Rosa's house.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks @Azure_Keys for this awesome hack. It's fun to play and really could be an official game. Would love to see updates in future!

Days
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    Hi! First things first, I absolutely ADORE the hack so far! The sprites and tiles are charming, especially after playing Unbound and some NDS games, which are relatively over-produced...

I do want to report, though, that in the Virbank Complex hideout, it seems to be possible to softlock the game (or at least the dungeon). If a player configures the B2F pipes such that they are inaccessible from the elevator side of the room, and then uses an Escape Rope or Dig, the puzzle becomes entirely inaccessible.

I have already tried reentering the hideout, and I've even tried making an in-game save (specifically, on Route 20) and reloading. None of these reset the puzzle.

To clarify, I did make a save state before testing the Escape Rope, so my game is NOT SOFTLOCKED -- no harm done! -- but I wanted to report this just in case. I'm also new on PokeCommunity, having made my account only a few minutes ago for this post, so I didn't know how to search the previous comments for a similar report. Sorry if I'm reporting something you already know!

That's all I have. The game is absolutely stunning and I'm having a blast playing! (Please remove needing to teach HMs 🙏)

EDIT: Absolute necropost. Sorry...
    EDIT 2: Definitely not a necropost. Like I say, I'm new here.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi! First things first, I absolutely ADORE the hack so far! The sprites and tiles are charming, especially after playing Unbound and some NDS games, which are relatively over-produced...

I do want to report, though, that in the Virbank Complex hideout, it seems to be possible to softlock the game (or at least the dungeon). If a player configures the B2F pipes such that they are inaccessible from the elevator side of the room, and then uses an Escape Rope or Dig, the puzzle becomes entirely inaccessible.

I have already tried reentering the hideout, and I've even tried making an in-game save (specifically, on Route 20) and reloading. None of these reset the puzzle.

To clarify, I did make a save state before testing the Escape Rope, so my game is NOT SOFTLOCKED -- no harm done! -- but I wanted to report this just in case. I'm also new on PokeCommunity, having made my account only a few minutes ago for this post, so I didn't know how to search the previous comments for a similar report. Sorry if I'm reporting something you already know!

That's all I have. The game is absolutely stunning and I'm having a blast playing! (Please remove needing to teach HMs 🙏)

Thanks, glad to year you're enjoying it!

The pipes will reset their position when entering the B1F map, since the original issue came up when a player solved the puzzle, climbed the stairs to B1F, then used an Escape Rope without opening the shortcut door. Though it's not as obvious if the rope is used before climbing the stairs, so maybe I should instead have the puzzle reset on entering the elevator.

Years
  • I'm enjoying this hack so far, i'm at the entrance to the Victory Road and i would like to know what are the best spots to train my team? Also where is the Earthquake TM?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today

I wouldn't be concerned of this being a necro. his hack while completed, has a remaster coming once Polished Crystal's game engine is completed and available for wider use. People have been posting periodically here anyway as its a great gen2 hack.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm enjoying this hack so far, i'm at the entrance to the Victory Road and i would like to know what are the best spots to train my team? Also where is the Earthquake TM?

The trainers in Victory Road themselves are a pretty good source of exp, and there's a nurse about halfway through that can be used for quick healing. You can also rebattle the gym leaders in the Opelucid City battle house once per day after beating Drayden. The phone rematch trainers are good for exp as well, as their teams scale in level based on how far through the game you are.

The Earthquake TM is a gift you receive right before entering the Elite Four.

Years
  • I forgot to post, but I beat this hack some months ago here is my Hall of Fame Team, and yes they are level 100:
    Stoutland
    Serperior
    Gardevour
    Octillery
    Zebstrika
    Archeops

Was a fantastic hack, and I am working on a new post game team to do the rematches.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Zoroark couldn't learn Sludge Bomb until Gen 8, and the movesets are based on Gen 7 and earlier, since Gen 8 completely changed a lot of mons' learnsets.

Hey, in the middle of my first playthrough and I'm loving it! I'm using Zoroark too and I was wondering if Pokemon are going to get there Gen 8/9 learnsets in the v2.0 of the game?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, in the middle of my first playthrough and I'm loving it! I'm using Zoroark too and I was wondering if Pokemon are going to get there Gen 8/9 learnsets in the v2.0 of the game?

Thanks! I think I will end up redoing movesets in the big update, at least the TM learnsets.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    Hello! I recently started playing this game and I am IN LOVE.
    I'm currently doing a Water-Type mono run in this ROM hack. Team feels pretty solid: Dewott, Crawdaunt, Palpitoad, Vaporeon, Ducklett, and Azumarill. Anyway, I wanted to ask a question before I waste too much time trying.
    Do wild Horsea hold Dragon Scales in this game? I want to get a Kingdra for my team.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello! I recently started playing this game and I am IN LOVE.
    I'm currently doing a Water-Type mono run in this ROM hack. Team feels pretty solid: Dewott, Crawdaunt, Palpitoad, Vaporeon, Ducklett, and Azumarill. Anyway, I wanted to ask a question before I waste too much time trying.
    Do wild Horsea hold Dragon Scales in this game? I want to get a Kingdra for my team.

Nice, thanks! Yes, you can get them from wild Horsea, also Seadra, Dratini, and Dragonair can hold them. There's also one that can be found in Dragonspiral Tower.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    Nice, thanks! Yes, you can get them from wild Horsea, also Seadra, Dratini, and Dragonair can hold them. There's also one that can be found in Dragonspiral Tower.

Awesome, thank you for the reply! Time to go get a Kingdra! 😤

Back