• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black & White: Best Wishes [4 New Pokemon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    The new picture is real! I'm very happy of this, because I love the new mijumaru evo, from a stupid snowman-clown thing to a fighter otter. However I am worried for the bat thing-it will be the new zubat?- I hope they use with them the dualism they made in R/S/E whit wingull e tentacool, for more variety.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    I was frustrated by Zubat and Koffing and now they come together as Koromori to haunt me....:p

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    oh man i was analyzing that Silhouette picture
    and to comment on the "new boy"
    he looks like a Younger Harrison (That guy that battled Ash in the Silver Conference with Blaziken)
    and what's up with his utterly Flamboyant Pose XDDD
    every gen has to have a gay i guess =P

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Pokemon Black & White: Best Wishes [4 New Pokemon]

The strange blue belt that is looks to be wearing looks strangely like a type of padding Samurais wore for protection. Plus he has a move called "Shell Blade". Most likely Mijumaru's evo will be fighting type.

Better than Poliwrath? That might be pretty tough... :P

Poliwrath is UU and I am hoping that Mijumaru's final form is a Water/Fighting OU pokemon.

That would be one tough water type...It might have good Defense like Poliwrath compared to the rest of it's stats too :P

It may become a Water version of Infernape.

Today's Diamond and Pearl episode just ended in Japan, and at the end of it, a preview for September's Black and White anime aired: it is to be called Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes. During the video, it shows a silhouette of a new girl and boy. This same girl was in a character sheet that was being passed around the Internet earlier this week - a character sheet that contains pictures of new Pokemon! Since the girl is now real, this means the Pokemon shown in it are real - we thus have four new Pokemon! You can watch the video of the preview as well as see the character sheet with the new Pokemon below. The girl is named Iris and will be joining Ash in his journeys though Isshu, while the bat Pokemon above her is named Coromori. You can also see Tsutaaja's and Mijumaru's evolutions. The other Pokemon's names are too hard to read.

(The Second Pokemon to the Right looks like the next evolution of Tsutaja)

Small preview of the new upcoming Pokemon series Pokemon Black & White: Best Wishes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBinrf6kN4o

(Can't wrap this as a Youtube file, sorry)

All Pokemon Black & White Pokemon revealed so far

So, what do you think of all this!

Source: Pokebeach

I don't know why I am the only one to notice this:

If you look closely at the pokemon to the right of the crazy haired girl's feet there is a little dragon-like pokemon. You can see his head, his butt and some other details. One detail that popped out to me was that there appeared to be something sticking out of the side of his mouth. This could very well make him the basic form of Ononokusu.

If anyone can try to read what his text says then we could find out if he is related to Ononokusu. If there was any sort of blade related word in his name he would be related to Ononokusu. Ononokusu is made up of Axe (i think its Ono) for example.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    idk why nintendo is introducing their gen's dragon/pseudo-legend in its previews.
    They usually don't tell anyone till the game is out. I remember i was strolling through my journey, with a pretty good idea of what Pokemon to catch when I saw Garchomp in the guide. I was all OMG uber!
    and now the thing's a beast.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
    That would be one tough water type...It might have good Defense like Poliwrath compared to the rest of it's stats too

I don't think so. You know in the video where Shimama uses its new Electric attack, Wild Bolt, on Mijumaru? Well, Mijumaru doesn't get KOd by it, which suggests that either Wild Bolt is weak (unlikely, given that it's always being described as strong) or that Mijumaru has good Defence/Sp.Defence, in which case he'd be different to Infernape.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    OMG, I love the idea of Mijumaru being a Water/Fighting type, especially one based on a Samurai but I actually think it will be a Sumo.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    idk why nintendo is introducing their gen's dragon/pseudo-legend in its previews.
    They usually don't tell anyone till the game is out. I remember i was strolling through my journey, with a pretty good idea of what Pokemon to catch when I saw Garchomp in the guide. I was all OMG uber!
    and now the thing's a beast.

This isn't a preview, it's a leak. However, it does mean that it will be in the early episodes (most likely within the first three) of the BW saga of the anime.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    lol Black & White.

I LOVE Tsutarja's evo but when I saw it in color I freaked out with how awesome it is and Mijimaru's looks even stupider than he already is!
    I love this update since the last one had Sh!+ Pokemon.
    What?! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: Ahhh, haters never quit! I know a lot of people didn't like Mijumaru, but if that is its evo then you gotta admit it looks beast!

Tsutaja's.....mehh, I think I'd prefer Tsutaja and its final evo over 2nd one. Still, it looks okay.
    -----
    Love the name of the new anime. I'm guessing Dawn will be getting the boot huh? :knockedou That's okay, I really only liked her b/c of Piplup and I can totally see that new girl getting Mijumaru!

Spoiler:

The strange blue belt that is looks to be wearing looks strangely like a type of padding Samurais wore for protection. Plus he has a move called "Shell Blade". Most likely Mijumaru's evo will be fighting type.
    Where'd you find that picture?!?! Water/fighting, love the combo :cool:. Since sea otters aren't that strong I thought Miju would just be water but I'm glad I was wrong.

Last edited:

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    However I am worried for the bat thing-it will be the new zubat?- I hope they use with them the dualism they made in R/S/E whit wingull e tentacool, for more variety.

That bat looks like a fruit bat to me, which makes me think it will appear in more tropical regions. If that's the case, it will probably be mixed in with other tropical Pokemon like Tropius and Kecleon.
    Just a guess.

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
    Love the name of the new anime. I'm guessing Dawn will be getting the boot huh? :knockedou That's okay, I really only liked her b/c of Piplup and I can totally see that new girl getting Mijumaru!

I bet she'll get the grass starter since every girl so far that tagged along with the group had the fire (May) and the water (Dawn) starters in their regions accordingly. So, I'm guessing and hoping that the new girl will have the grass starter this time.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Poliwrath is UU and I am hoping that Mijumaru's final form is a Water/Fighting OU pokemon.

I don't know why I am the only one to notice this:

If you look closely at the pokemon to the right of the crazy haired girl's feet there is a little dragon-like pokemon. You can see his head, his butt and some other details. One detail that popped out to me was that there appeared to be something sticking out of the side of his mouth. This could very well make him the basic form of Ononokusu.

If anyone can try to read what his text says then we could find out if he is related to Ononokusu. If there was any sort of blade related word in his name he would be related to Ononokusu. Ononokusu is made up of Axe (i think its Ono) for example.
    I don't think it will become a water version of Infenape exactly...it will have killer defense compared to it plus it is covered in shells (though Infernape was covered in some fluffy fur Amour...) Plus we saw it resist the attack of the electric Zebra and it didn't faint despite it being it's weakness so that proves it's defenses are better than Infernape :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I bet she'll get the grass starter since every girl so far that tagged along with the group had the fire (May) and the water (Dawn) starters in their regions accordingly. So, I'm guessing and hoping that the new girl will have the grass starter this time.
    Or she might go with the "omg!squee!adorable!" starter choice. Depends if they want to turn her starter into "Marketing Pokemon #2" after Pikachu or not. Or maybe the writers will do something different, like have her not pick the "omg!squee!adorable!" starter because she likes to battle or do something else completely different.

And yeah, Miju's got some pretty good defenses from the few battle videos that we've seen. I know quite well from experience that Infernape doesn't. Maybe it'll still be Fighting, with good defenses and offenses. Maybe it'll be another type along with Water. I'm hoping for Fighting, because it just fits my picture of the evolution family.

he looks like a Younger Harrison
    <3 I noticed that as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @Hever/Astinus comments: I really think that she won't have the grass starter - nor the cute one. Grass is always the Pokemon Ash has, anyways, and although the female roles may change, I don't see that changing. By how she actually looks she could be taking on a Misty role and not necessarily obtaining a starter. If this is the rebirth/new start for Pokemon, then following what Dawn/May did isn't likely and... Pokemon could return to its roots, sort of. Though God I hope a bike isn't involved.

And...for some reason I can see TR getting Pokabu or Mijumaru, idk why.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    @Hever/Astinus comments: I really think that she won't have the grass starter - nor the cute one. Grass is always the Pokemon Ash has, anyways, and although the female roles may change, I don't see that changing. By how she actually looks she could be taking on a Misty role and not necessarily obtaining a starter. If this is the rebirth/new start for Pokemon, then following what Dawn/May did isn't likely and... Pokemon could return to its roots, sort of. Though God I hope a bike isn't involved.

And...for some reason I can see TR getting Pokabu or Mijumaru, idk why.

That bat, Koromori, may end up looking like this: (its based on those cute little Honduran bats)

If it does end up looking like that, the girl trainer will be getting cute pokes again.

Also, if Koromori looks like that I will be catching it because of its cuteness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back