• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black/White DLC

nielsnijhof

Pokemon Master in training
Years
  • As I was wandering around the forum once again I just thought of the possibility's of DLC for pokemon Black and White. I think this would be an awesome idea, it could extend our unique game-play and Gamefreak and/or Nintendo can make some extra money as well (I guess they'll like that don't they :P)

Just think of how awesome it would be to gain access to a few new islands and or gyms, maybe even the other regions. They could also add new pokemons to the list, but I wouldn't know how they that would work considering trading and GTS, but it would be awesome if ever to be released.

Maybe you guys can give your opinion or add some other things to the list of content you guys would love to see/have :D

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I figured releasing a whole new game (Third game, probably Grey/Gray this time) was the equivalent of DLC in Pokemon. It updates everything slightly and you have the pay the price of a whole new game.

nielsnijhof

Pokemon Master in training
    Years
  • Well the DSi and DSi XL (and maybe "3DS") have an SD-Card slot which might finally be put to a good use that way. As for the DS and DS Lite users among us, well it might be hard to put it this way, but I guess they'll miss out on this theory.

But yet again it's just another idea sprung to my mind.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Remember, all DLC has to fit onto the cartridge, no SD crap due to the Phat and Lite having no slot for it. DSi/3DS exclusive DLC wouldn't work due to B&W being playable on the original DS.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I do not want to see any priced DLC, period. Lately, some developers have been releasing half-finished games for the usual 60$ and using DLC to give you the "full" game at the price of getting nickled and dimed to death gradually. No thanks, if I see Nintendo go that route with Pokemon, then I will be sure to pirate the whole package.

Last edited:

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Well, i dont want to see price DLC either, but it would be awesome to have new areas every now and then... :D

Years
  • Honestly, the fact that this is compatible with the DS and DSLite has little to no bearing on what DSi functions it will use. We already know that it will have some enhancements on the DSi. And it's not unheard of. Wasn't Crystal a GBC exclusive?

Insane85

Bored
    Years
  • I don't think it will happen, but I am okay with it on the condition that we are given a FULL game anyway. And the DLC is just extra add-ons, that really are add-ons as opposed to something that should be a part of the game anyway.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Eugh, we have enough DLC drama with Events. do not want.

DLC is a bad idea, imo. As others have said there's no save facility for such a venture - and there isn't likely to be, considering that Nintendo have been next to useless on utilising the DSi as a console. The DSiWare store sucks for most games, the SD card and improved innards aren't considered at all in new games, and now they've skipped ahead to the 3DS anyway. >: There'll be DSi enhanced features, sure, but I'll predict right now that it'll be to do with the camera. Remember the big thing with the GameBoy Printer and the fanclub in GSC, I think it was? Print pictures of your Pokémon! Ooo totally worth shelling out extra dosh for. :|

There's also the availability factor. Will it only be available for short amounts of time via Wi-Fi, like Events, or will you have to attend special places to get it? (Knowing Nintendo's past policy on this...sigh.) It's just really not a practical idea, as much as I would love it. >:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    If they put the game onto Wii or something yeah...LOL

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • I hope the DLC (if they do make it) isn't any event Pokemon. I have a DS Lite I just got from gamers (I got it because first of all I had no money for a DSi and secondly because it has a GBA Slot) about a month ago, so I can't get any DLC. I hope they stick to IRL Events or Tournament Sites, where you can get them via Mystery Gift.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope the DLC (if they do make it) isn't any event Pokemon. I have a DS Lite I just got from gamers (I got it because first of all I had no money for a DSi and secondly because it has a GBA Slot) about a month ago, so I can't get any DLC. I hope they stick to IRL Events or Tournament Sites, where you can get them via Mystery Gift.

DS Lites would be able to get DLC just as easily as a DSi or 3DS for that matter...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I dont see DLC happening on DS They only do that on PS3 and xbox360 for the money most of it costs

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • Ohhh...

DS Lites would be able to get DLC just as easily as a DSi or 3DS for that matter...

I thought the DSi had an internet function, so I thought it was like a Playstation Store kind of thing...But if they just mean Wi-Fi Events then yeah I'm totally for that.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I dont see DLC happening on DS They only do that on PS3 and xbox360 for the money most of it costs

They have Free DLC and some for like 2 dollars (Dragon Age Origins Pranks and Gifts are 2 bucks)

I thought the DSi had an internet function, so I thought it was like a Playstation Store kind of thing...But if they just mean Wi-Fi Events then yeah I'm totally for that.

Nope...They could have a bunch of locked areas of the game and open them at certain times with Wifi for example a tournament area with a flier that says when it opens (When the Wifi Event is turned on) or maybe just have it open on certain dates but you could just change the time and activate it...or use AR to get into those zones ahead of time...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • As I was wandering around the forum once again I just thought of the possibility's of DLC for pokemon Black and White. I think this would be an awesome idea, it could extend our unique game-play and Gamefreak and/or Nintendo can make some extra money as well (I guess they'll like that don't they :P)

Just think of how awesome it would be to gain access to a few new islands and or gyms, maybe even the other regions. They could also add new pokemons to the list, but I wouldn't know how they that would work considering trading and GTS, but it would be awesome if ever to be released.

Maybe you guys can give your opinion or add some other things to the list of content you guys would love to see/have :D

Nintendo has said that any of their DLC will be free and will automatically update without interrupting anything on the 3DS.

Back