• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Complete

How Should We Arrange The Wild Pokemon:

• Each Pokemon In Their Native Regions

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Nationa Dex At Start - Eg. Johto Pokemon In Kanto

Votes: 47 20.4%
  • After Each Regional Dex Uprgrade, That regions Pokemon Appear in Every Region.

Votes: 66 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    @●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●, is that a hack of Advance or DP? It looks a lot like DP..
    No, it's just DP tiles, there's no DP Map Editor yet, other than Hex. (To my knowledge).
    Edit: do any of you guys know how to convert a .dib into a regular .bmp? I tried just renaming it and uploading here, but it didn't work.
    Ummm... Yeah there's one way I know, but it depends what image editor you use, and there may be a simpler way, but here's mine-
    In your image editor, open the .DIB file, select the whole thing, and paste it in a new image. When you close that new image, just save it in whatever format you want. I use PhotoImpact, so thats simple for me, but i'm not sure about other editors (it could even work in MS Paint, maybe). Sorry, hope it's of some help.

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
    Years
    No, it's just DP tiles, there's no DP Map Editor yet, other than Hex. (To my knowledge). Ummm... Yeah there's one way I know, but it depends what image editor you use, and there may be a simpler way, but here's mine-
    In your image editor, open the .DIB file, select the whole thing, and paste it in a new image. When you close that new image, just save it in whatever format you want. I use PhotoImpact, so thats simple for me, but i'm not sure about other editors (it could even work in MS Paint, maybe). Sorry, hope it's of some help.

Yeh, thats how I do it. I Open it in MS Paint then save it as PNG.
    Anyways, I've returned from my break and I'm gonna get STRAIGHT to some mapping.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
    I guesse I need to work on some mapping to *sighs* well my break was good I will have to get to work although it sucks making D/p maps cause they are HUGE XD

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    AiiNZ, since I'm done Lilycove, should I just upload the files as an attachment? I'm working on Route 105 now. Oh, and Mages4Ever, what I meant was that there is grass in the Pokemon towns, just not the grass that Pokemon appear in. ;)

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
    Still, grass in a town isn't a good idea.
    Overgrown aside, you're just not supposed to have any.

*coughcoughBrowncoughcoughMersoncoughcough* Wow, I must be sick or something, if I'm hacking up that much mucas...

Anyway, kudos to those who are making this hack. 4 regions will be hard to program, but the magic doubled size of UPS patches should make it possible.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    Route 27 & 26 and Tohjo Falls are finished now. I wasn't sure about the cave, how do you think it looks like?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    @iHomer
    You're good at mapping.

@mattman324
    I'm Chinese thank you very much.

@rockeymon
    That looks nothing like Twinleaf town.
    There's no PC or PokeMart in Twinleaf, nor a huge building.
    As for the block errors, Smitty96 pointed them out.

The Blueprint

Years
    Thank you very much!

I'll take this to continue mapping!

Thankyou for your contribution iHomer. You are very good at this. Also, could I ask id that is the pokemon League? If so, could you remove it and replace it with some cave for a Legendary Event because the Elite 4 will be One Main one after All 32 Badges.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Shining gem(your hack), and Amber orb(my hack)...Hmmm, sounds the same if you ask me.
    I don't know if it's a complete remake of my plot or what... Anyways, with all the maps you've completed I'm surprised you only have four screens O_o Hopefully we all can see some more scripts too.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
    @iHomer
    You're good at mapping.

@mattman324
    I'm Chinese thank you very much.

@rockeymon
    That looks nothing like Twinleaf town.
    There's no PC or PokeMart in Twinleaf, nor a huge building.
    As for the block errors, Smitty96 pointed them out.

Well it is 5 years after Dp the huge building was* an orphanage that ainz had aprooved of but when He saw what it looked like decided to go with a devamp of the original town

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Now heres the so far idea of what Twin leaf will look like
    That looks a lot more like Twinleaf, and you did away with the errors. Good job!

Edit: Here's Route 105. Since it's 7 years after, I figure the trees kinda just withered away or got chopped down of something like that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    @ AiinZ

Because there was no Pokemon League in Johto, this building is connected in four directions: Up is Route 23 with Victory Road leading to the Kanto League (Indigo Plateau), left is Route 48 leading to Mt. Silver and on the right is Route 22 leading to Viridian City.

Last edited:

The Blueprint

Years
    Ok, iHomer. But we wont have the direction going to the league because there is only 1 League in the game after all 32 badges.

Also, @Rockeymon, can you please stop double posting. If you have something new to say, edit your old post unless someone else has posted after.

Also, I am Looking for a co-manager of the project.
    Requirements -
    - Must Have Windows Live Messenger and Be On Regularly.
    - Must Be On At Around the same time As Me
    - Must Have Contributed Some Sufficient Work To The Project
    - Must Be Creative and be able to work around Mapping/Scripting Problems With a good Back Story.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back