• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Is this the full beta attachments

No, it is not finished yet.

Really sorry if this has already been answered, but I went through thirty pages without finding out. Is the beta playable from start to finish, just with bugs, or is it not that far along yet? Again, apologies if this is a stupid question. Also, you're my hero, DRG! Keep up the awesome work!

No, it is not finished yet.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • The FIGHT DOME & ASTRAEUS ROUTE (Now known as Astraeus Garden) are FIXED & Safe to enter. The updated Rom can be downloaded on the main post.
    While scrolling down quickly, I saw someone mention a Jean Blake prequel. That would be fun, but it's not going to happen. There will be sort of an "Add-On/DLC" type of thing after this hack's complete. It's a mini Rom Hack (And by mini, I mean around 2-3hrs of gameplay) that will be like a transition from DR2 to DR3. To those who are interested in the story of the dark rising series, I feel it's an experience you'll enjoy. "Order Destroyed" is the title and it won't have it's own thread, it'll be downloadable on this thread. You won't be playing as the main characters from DR1/DR2 either...So I guess that's something to think about.

I'm working daily on finishing DR2. Sorry for the wait. I just got done watching 3 seasons of Teen Wolf & I'm addicted. Not to mention playing the Tales of Symphonia remakes on Ps3.

Oh, and...WOOHOO Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Looking for Volunteers interested in adding a few important details to a mini Rom Hack. What's needed doesn't require a team; here is a list of what's needed (If you feel very confident in any of these particular areas & interested in doing a quick job, PM me. You must be serious about this & not agreeing to help just for the heck of it.):

-Artistic person who can design & insert a titlescreen
    -Player's battle back inserting (You know, when you're holding/throwing the pokeball at the start of the battle. I already have the picture.)
    -Introduction sprite inserting (Removing prof.oak/red/gary from the introduction and putting the trainers I want in the intro.)
    -Battle Background inserting (Only 2 backgrounds are needed)
    - Optional: Music Inserting

Credit will be given once the project is released.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Looking for Volunteers interested in adding a few important details to a mini Rom Hack. What's needed doesn't require a team; here is a list of what's needed (If you feel very confident in any of these particular areas & interested in doing a quick job, PM me. You must be serious about this & not agreeing up to help just for the heck of it.):

-Artistic person who can design & insert a titlescreen
    -Player's battle back inserting (You know, when you're holding/throwing the pokeball at the start of the battle. I already have the picture.)
    -Introduction sprite inserting (Removing prof.oak/red/gary from the introduction and putting the trainers I want in the intro.)
    -Battle Background inserting (Only 2 backgrounds are needed)
    - Optional: Music Inserting

Credit will be given once the project is released.

I can insert a 256/240 titlescreen but sadly, I can't design one for you. I can also insert the Player's back sprite in battle, that's all I can help :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • I can insert a 256/240 titlescreen but sadly, I can't design one for you. I can also insert the Player's back sprite in battle, that's all I can help :)

Thank you. I'll be in contact with you shortly for the player back inserting. Once I get someone to create a titlescreen, I'll contact you to insert it.

leavanny knows only struggle

Swadloon's last move is at lv25, then it evolves into Levanny at Lv30 & then learns a move at Lv30 also. I must've put a wild Levanny lower than 30 somewhere on a map...

So this hack is complete now. I hope it is

Later in the year. I've been working on DR2 & Order Destroyed, while someone else is working on DR3. This hack's taking longer than usual because I'm trying to have all 3 of these hacks follow each other one after the other without a long wait so the storyline will still be fresh in everyone's mind. The wait will be worth it. I'm having others who are interested working on little things in Order Destroyed, so I can focus even more attention on finishing DR2. I'm like 70-75% done.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2017
    can we get like beta 2 or something first so we can train up for the super epic battles at the end?

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Not sure if anyone has pointed it out yet but right after the first gym there are two fisherman, one of them will give you the old rod and the other one is a battle, wanted to let you know that the battling guy crashes your game before the battle can begin

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    So I caught Heatran, Cabalion and Terrakion. Any other legendary Pokemon on beta 2?

Oh also Victini and Manaphy (given).

Last edited by a moderator:

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Not sure if anyone has pointed it out yet but right after the first gym there are two fisherman, one of them will give you the old rod and the other one is a battle, wanted to let you know that the battling guy crashes your game before the battle can begin

Update on this; it's not the actual trainer thats glitching its the pokemon he's trying to send out.
    Whenever I encounter a trainer that has the Pokemon Clauncher my game freezes, this also applies to catching Clauncher in the wild.

Unfortunately I cannot continue playing this game right now because I am at a point where there is a trainer with Clauncher blocking my way and there is absolutley noway past him at all.
    If you could fix this in the next relase that would be much appreciated

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back