• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • Not sure how big, but it's very large. And no, not this time. I made sure all of the moves do exactly what they do in the real games. Even Scald, which never burned in the first one.
    Ah... I wanted all OP Zen Headbutt once again :/

No she simply posted the videos on youtube. DRG, I ( I think... ) and others will be working on DR3 ALSO it will not be a hack it will be a new game from scratch ^^
    From scratch? Won't it be another Essentials base game?

Do you ever plan on either accepting donations or making a hack for purchase?
    ROM Hacking is a FREE business.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I'm new to this hacking thing... can someone please explain to me what does RMXP mean? :-??

RPG Maker XP if I'm not mistaken, it's like starting a game from scratch. Edit: The release is almost here, game looks amazing, very excited for it.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • 5 More Days til the first release.
    With that said, I can pretty much confirm there will be no new cries. Even if a miracle happens and someone volunteers to insert them properly into the hack tonight or tomorrow, there wouldn't be enough time to insert every single one. Sorry guys, you're going to have to wait til I get someone to insert them in the future.
    Another thing is the 6th gen sprites. As I mentioned before, the backsprites will be reversed front sprites. Good news about that is the front sprites of all the 6th gen Pokemon are all very good quality. Which brings me to the next thing:
    In January there will be an updated Beta which will have front/back sprites of excellent quality thanks to MrDollSteak's Gen 6 64x64 Project. Also in this update, the Artic Cave will be fully explorable & the beta will end at the end of the cave instead of the beginning like it will on Friday. Hopefully by then I'll have the cries in the hack as well. More new music will be available in this update as well.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • 5 More Days til the first release.
    With that said, I can pretty much confirm there will be no new cries. Even if a miracle happens and someone volunteers to insert them properly into the hack tonight or tomorrow, there wouldn't be enough time to insert every single one. Sorry guys, you're going to have to wait til I get someone to insert them in the future.
    Another thing is the 6th gen sprites. As I mentioned before, the backsprites will be reversed front sprites. Good news about that is the front sprites of all the 6th gen Pokemon are all very good quality. Which brings me to the next thing:
    In January there will be an updated Beta which will have front/back sprites of excellent quality thanks to MrDollSteak's Gen 6 64x64 Project. Also in this update, the Artic Cave will be fully explorable & the beta will end at the end of the cave instead of the beginning like it will on Friday. Hopefully by then I'll have the cries in the hack as well. More new music will be available in this update as well.

Yes, I can't wait. Definitely playing the first beta release ;)
    Just to ask, how many gen 6th Pokemon are you going to add in the game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Yes, I can't wait. Definitely playing the first beta release ;)
    Just to ask, how many gen 6th Pokemon are you going to add in the game?

She put a list of all of the 6th gen on the previous page, some are available to use, others can't be used by you in game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Where is the Download Link of Pokemon Dark rising 2?
    5 More Days til the first release.
    In the future...

It's already stated that DR3 will be made on RMXP.
    And? That's precisely why it's most likely to be another Essentials game. ;)
    Because if you have such sophisticated base, it would be foolish not to use it.

Still... if that's the case why don't you push the release to January and all those things.
    Not to mention pushing release would make DR2 eligible for Hack of the Year 2014.

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Interesting. What do you guys think on this? Push it til January 1st?

I like it. And people will have a reason to not be glued to their computers on Christmas. DR1 should've been HotY, so i say DR2 could easily make up for it in 2014. And that will make you happy fixing sprites/cries.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I'd like for a release December 20th more, but it's not up to me, if you choose the Jan 1 release then I'll just be patient.

Years
  • Is there going to be a day care available in beta 1? Also will the pokemon in this rom be able to have their hidden ability? And if they do can you make it so that they have like a 20 or 30% chance of getting it? Btw I don't mind having the beta pushed so it can be eligible for Hack of the Year 2014.

Last edited:

nigreeb

Audrei is my name xD
    Years
  • As you've promise, December 20th is the release of the first beta so many people, (including yours truly) hoping to play with this hack in the said date. It doesn't matter if you will release it next year but as you've promise, please bring front to it.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Interesting. What do you guys think on this? Push it til January 1st?

That's totally fine. Doesn't matter as long as you're gonna release it beautifully.
    I'm not against the release, but many already hope for the release this dec. 20.
    Don't you think their expressions will go a little bad since you got their hopes down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back