• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2014
    I cant rember if have posted this before but im gonna say it again i cant play this beta
    I use my boy on android is beta's not avalaible on phones because the file aint even showing up in my emulator game files inside it anybody know how i can play it?
    or is it because its a rar file?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I cant rember if have posted this before but im gonna say it again i cant play this beta
    I use my boy on android is beta's not avalaible on phones because the file aint even showing up in my emulator game files inside it anybody know how i can play it?

i think that rar file contains the ips file so you need to patch it first on your computer. then it should work

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    just wanted to point out that tympole is pure water and not water ground until it evolves. Just finished the original today after putting it on hold for a looooooooooooong time (excadrill ftw).

My main issue with the last one wasn't the glitches, it was the writing and incorrect grammar. You should take your time and have a few people re read for you so that less mistakes are made. Also making the speeches incredibly long before battles in a hack as difficult as this one can be a pain when you lose constantly and have to go through it over and over and over again.

Please keep at it and I'm looking forward to a fun hack that doesn't neccessarily have me stall out every single boss by draining them of their PP or toxic and leech seeding them.

Years
  • just wanted to point out that tympole is pure water and not water ground until it evolves. Just finished the original today after putting it on hold for a looooooooooooong time (excadrill ftw).

My main issue with the last one wasn't the glitches, it was the writing and incorrect grammar. You should take your time and have a few people re read for you so that less mistakes are made. Also making the speeches incredibly long before battles in a hack as difficult as this one can be a pain when you lose constantly and have to go through it over and over and over again.

Please keep at it and I'm looking forward to a fun hack that doesn't neccessarily have me stall out every single boss by draining them of their PP or toxic and leech seeding them.

I believe that you are talking about DR1, if so you shouldn't post about it here. Also DRG (the creator of DR) said that she will not be working on the first game anymore. ALSO DR1 was mainly made by two people so there were a lot of mistakes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    I believe that you are talking about DR1, if so you shouldn't post about it here. Also DRG (the creator of DR) said that she will not be working on the first game anymore. ALSO DR1 was mainly made by two people so there were a lot of mistakes.

Actually I'm talking about DR2 when I was talking about the tympole. Tried to shock it up and got screwed because its a ground type when its supposed to be pure water until evolution.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • I cant rember if have posted this before but im gonna say it again i cant play this beta

Its Because you need Extract the patch from the Rar Folder. so read this Step by Step

How to Patch ROMS on an Android Device

1. Download the patch in the 1st post (if Some Rom Patches Appear to be in a Rar Folder like this (Ex.DR2.rar) This what simple RAR opener is For)

2. Go to the Google Play Store app On your Android Device , Look up Some apps called Unipatcher (a Rom Patcher) , My Boy (a GBA Emulator) And Simple Rar Opener (a RAR Opener).

{Notice : These are all FREE Apps on the Play Store}

3. While your Downloading the Apps, Google Pokemon Firered Rom USA on your Device Browser (I recommend Coolrom <dot> com )

4. Extract the Pokemon rom in a folder (Note : Create A Folder for Gba Roms And )

5. Open Unipatcher, select patch and the rom, then tap the save icon and the Patched Rom will be in the same Folder As the The Clean Rom

6. Rename the Patched rom With your Android Device's File Manager(Ex. Pokemon - DarkViolet Beta2)

7. and Done Just Play it with Gba Emulator
    You can also patch it using power ips in your android. Search on play store.

A Dude There's Also Unipatcher on the Play Store it can patch Both IPS & UPS Patcher

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2014

Its Because you need Extract the patch from the Rar Folder. so read this Step by Step

How to Patch ROMS on an Android Device

1. Download the patch in the 1st post (if Some Rom Patches Appear to be in a Rar Folder like this (Ex.DR2.rar) This what simple RAR opener is For)

2. Go to the Google Play Store app On your Android Device , Look up Some apps called Unipatcher (a Rom Patcher) , My Boy (a GBA Emulator) And Simple Rar Opener (a RAR Opener).

{Notice : These are all FREE Apps on the Play Store}

3. While your Downloading the Apps, Google Pokemon Firered Rom USA on your Device Browser (I recommend Coolrom <dot> com )

4. Extract the Pokemon rom in a folder (Note : Create A Folder for Gba Roms And )

5. Open Unipatcher, select patch and the rom, then tap the save icon and the Patched Rom will be in the same Folder As the The Clean Rom

6. Rename the Patched rom With your Android Device's File Manager(Ex. Pokemon - DarkViolet Beta2)

Ok im gonna get 2 screens going before i can do this but thx for the help.
    If i cant figure out how to do some of the specfic things can you send me a already patched file of it?
    if not so can i just wait foe the full game

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2015
    Just found this hack and will play through the first one, when I'm finished do I patch over it with DR2 or Patch a clean fire red rom?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2014

Im abit comfused at step 4 and 5 you need to tell it to me more detailed

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Im abit comfused at step 4 and 5 you need to tell it to me more detailed
    Step 4 is Where you, Create another Folder for Game boy advance Roms on your Android Device in the micro SD card,There Should been Create A new folder Option on your Android's Default File Manger, Step 5 ,tells you How to Patch the ROM Extract IPS Patch & Extract the rom in Another FolderView attachment 71176There are 2 options
    1. Patch file option is where you select the IPS patch file
    2. ROM file option is Where you Select The Pokemon Firered USA Rom
    3. Output file is Where the Patched ROM will be saved Automaticly in the Same Where you Save the ROM. Then Set the GBA Folder on My Boy folder selection

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2014
    nevermind it after i wrote it i figured it out sometimes my phone is pissing me off this time it made me confused but i got it now and i wanna know if there is more patches than the one in 1st post

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back