• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
  • Purugly and Skuntank haven't their own avatar, they look like Granbull and Heracross in pc and party (not a great bug, just an oversight I guess!); I've also noticed that Gallade's ability is missing.

A simple question: there aren't shining pokémon in this hack, is that correct?

Thanks for letting me know! I'll get to fixing that right away & re-post the patch later tonight.

About 95% of the Pokemon from gen 1-5 have their shiny sprites in the hack. None of the 6th gen Pokemon have their shiny sprites (At least, not any that I currently remember. MAYBE very few, but I'm not too sure. So just assume none of'em do.)

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2014
    My pokemon aren't evolving, I picked up the pokedex from the prof. Assistant and then I saw him again on my way to the first town, he said to go back and pick up the pokedex from him, but when I go back to the prof office he isn't there only my rival and the prof are there

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • My pokemon aren't evolving, I picked up the pokedex from the prof. Assistant and then I saw him again on my way to the first town, he said to go back and pick up the pokedex from him, but when I go back to the prof office he isn't there only my rival and the prof are there

Click your in-game menu, if it says "Pokedex" above "Pokemon" then you should have the dex & your Pokemon should be evolving. If not, the assistant Should still be in the lab. Which Pokemon isn't evolving? Also download the "Evolution List" to see changes made to how and when certain Pokemon evolve. If the Pokemon you have isn't on the list, then it should evolve how it normally would in the real games. If none of this works, try re-patching the Rom in the main post to another clean FR Rom. Hope everything works out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Thanks for letting me know! I'll get to fixing that right away & re-post the patch later tonight.

About 95% of the Pokemon from gen 1-5 have their shiny sprites in the hack. None of the 6th gen Pokemon have their shiny sprites (At least, not any that I currently remember. MAYBE very few, but I'm not too sure. So just assume none of'em do.)
    You're welcome!

Speak of the devil.. I've just met and evolved him, so here's my black Charizard ^^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Just posted the update that fixes;

Glameow/Purugly icons
    Stunky/Stuntank icons
    All Pokemon have Abilities now. No more "Ability is missing"

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    How do you download this on gba4ios 2 it won't work.

Just email it to yourself from your PC/Laptop it worked for me but patch it first. And if you have a saved game then connect your ipod, iPhone, or iPad to your computer and open in iTunes, go to your ipod, apps, scroll down and click on gba4ios and click add, after that just select both the game and saved file and click open. After that it should be on your idevice in gba4ios. Hope this works for you. I've also PM'd you with this exact info.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Dear DRG,other admins and people,
    My game is still crashing at the fight with gary and i don't wanna start again
    Please suggest me something. Also tell me where to catch latias and latios

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Hey guys,

I got the hm surf from gary.

Now it tells me that i need a badge from a gym to be able to surf.

Where is this gym?

Thank you!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Am I the only one here who get freezed when I want battle Kaz at the sealed chamber?

Since this is the 3rd time of me hearing about this from different people, I redid the entire script for the Rival Battle in the Sealed Chamber & posted a new patch on the main post. For those having this problem, I'd appreciate it if you posted if the problem was fixed or not after downloading the new patch & attempting to do the battle again.
    This is one glitch I really don't understand because the battle worked on my Rom perfectly & I tried it four times. I redid the script over. Hopefully, it works this time. Please let me know afterwards. Remember, you have to exit out of the floor the rival is on, and enter it again to restart everything.

Question: Has Anyone been able to battle the rival in the sealed chamber since the beta's been released? Trying to resolve this issue is a bit more complicating than the others because as I stated, this problem doesn't happen in my Rom. So I can't really fix something that's working for me, but not others.

Thank You.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Online now
    maybe all those who encounter the error are either
    1. not following the story correctly XD
    2. not using a clean rom when using the updated patch
    3. they are using an old save state that has the bug/error and not the .sav file itself

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Since this is the 3rd time of me hearing about this from different people, I redid the entire script for the Rival Battle in the Sealed Chamber & posted a new patch on the main post. For those having this problem, I'd appreciate it if you posted if the problem was fixed or not after downloading the new patch & attempting to do the battle again.
    This is one glitch I really don't understand because the battle worked on my Rom perfectly & I tried it four times. I redid the script over. Hopefully, it works this time. Please let me know afterwards. Remember, you have to exit out of the floor the rival is on, and enter it again to restart everything.

Question: Has Anyone been able to battle the rival in the sealed chamber since the beta's been released? Trying to resolve this issue is a bit more complicating than the others because as I stated, this problem doesn't happen in my Rom. So I can't really fix something that's working for me, but not others.

Thank You.

I just downloaded the new patch and attempted the battle again, but I was unable to battle the rival. When he is about to send out his first pokemon (Articuno I believe) the game freezes

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    When i download the updated patch the file still does not show up so if you could help me please i want to play this great game

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2017
    Finally finished beta 2. I never post, but wanted to just say that this is definitely my favorite pokemon game of all time. Absolutely fantastic work DRG, it really is the most fun pokemon game ever. The story is marvelous. Simply cannot wait for the final version. Thanks again!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • I just downloaded the new patch and attempted the battle again, but I was unable to battle the rival. When he is about to send out his first pokemon (Articuno I believe) the game freezes

So the problem is Articuno possibly? When you downloaded the new patch, did you patch it to another clean Fire Red copy or over the one you previously had?

Finally finished beta 2. I never post, but wanted to just say that this is definitely my favorite pokemon game of all time. Absolutely fantastic work DRG, it really is the most fun pokemon game ever. The story is marvelous. Simply cannot wait for the final version. Thanks again!

Thank You.

Question: Were you able to battle your Rival in the sealed chamber perfectly or did you encounter an error & had to use the walk-through-walls cheat to get pass him?

Last edited by a moderator:

FatYak

FatYak
    Years
  • Hello! I have never posted here before but I think I am going to have to start doing so. Your hack is so amazing. Easily the best rom out there. I love having to train my pokemon to insanely high levels. In most games you just get your pokemon to the 60s-70s but in this one its different and I just love that. Keep up the good work I am really looking forward to the final version of DR2 :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Hello! I have never posted here before but I think I am going to have to start doing so. Your hack is so amazing. Easily the best rom out there. I love having to train my pokemon to insanely high levels. In most games you just get your pokemon to the 60s-70s but in this one its different and I just love that. Keep up the good work I am really looking forward to the final version of DR2 :)

Thank you so much, it means a lot. ^.^

Guys, I'm going to re-upload another patch & switch the Rival's first Pokemon from Articuno to Zapdos. If Zapdos works, then I know it's Articuno that's the problem. So for those having this problem with the rival, I'm going to need your cooperation with this issue because I'm not having this problem so I won't ever know if it's fixed or not unless you all tell me it's working. I'll upload the patch in the next 10 minutes. Thanks.

Posted Now.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back