• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatYak

FatYak
Years
  • I just finished the first one about an hour ago, I'm starting the new one now. I'm not sure how far in the problem is, but if I come across any I'll be sure to let you know!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Since this is the 3rd time of me hearing about this from different people, I redid the entire script for the Rival Battle in the Sealed Chamber & posted a new patch on the main post. For those having this problem, I'd appreciate it if you posted if the problem was fixed or not after downloading the new patch & attempting to do the battle again.
    This is one glitch I really don't understand because the battle worked on my Rom perfectly & I tried it four times. I redid the script over. Hopefully, it works this time. Please let me know afterwards. Remember, you have to exit out of the floor the rival is on, and enter it again to restart everything.

Question: Has Anyone been able to battle the rival in the sealed chamber since the beta's been released? Trying to resolve this issue is a bit more complicating than the others because as I stated, this problem doesn't happen in my Rom. So I can't really fix something that's working for me, but not others.

Thank You.

I was able to battle the rival in the sealed chamber since you first released the beta and had no problem with the game at all in general. Thank you for making this wonderful game, it's the best hack I've played. Keep up the good work and I'll be waiting for the next beta and more to come hopefully.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2017
    Question: Were you able to battle your Rival in the sealed chamber perfectly or did you encounter an error & had to use the walk-through-walls cheat to get pass him?

I was able to battle him perfectly fine. I have the first beta 2 download though, not any patches you made. Maybe a patch did it to them, who knows. lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    Just started playing this hack because of its fantastic features.

I noticed you can use Swagger repeatedly to a pokemon already have the status confused.

Do you mind adding Re-usable TM?

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    Guys I downloded the new beta in my PC then I transferred the newly patched PDR2 into my iPad through email because I'm playing it with GBA4iOS. Now I lost my save file. What will I do?

Connect your iPad to your PC and open iTunes. Go to your apps and scroll down and click on gba4ios. Transfer the game (.gba) and the saved file (.sav) to a new folder on your desktop. Next download a clean fire red rom and patch it on that. Then after you patch it go to iTunes again and scroll down and click add then you can transfer the pokemon fire red rom (rename it to DR2) and your saved data. Rename both to DR2 and don't name them the same way you already have it on GBA4iOS. After that it should work it did for me. Oh and you're gonna have the old DR2 on your iPad still just delete it after you confirm that the patched rom has your old saved data as well.
    Hope I helped if you have any question cause my explanation was confusing then just PM me.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Thanks everyone. It seems a lot of people didn't have a problem with the rival at the sealed chamber, only a few. Still, it's really weird how it doesn't work for everyone...

Since I'm taking a break but still want progress to be made, I'll probably submit a team thread for the mini hack Order Destroyed. Since it's a small hack, I think I could get a team together & finish this off pretty quickly. So if you're interested, check out the Team Discussion section in the upcoming days.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Guys, I'm going to re-upload another patch & switch the Rival's first Pokemon from Articuno to Zapdos. If Zapdos works, then I know it's Articuno that's the problem. So for those having this problem with the rival, I'm going to need your cooperation with this issue because I'm not having this problem so I won't ever know if it's fixed or not unless you all tell me it's working. I'll upload the patch in the next 10 minutes. Thanks.
    Why don't you try putting new trainer with Articuno to try whether that one crashes? =)
    If it's problem with Pokemon data, it will crash anyways without any connection to the trainer.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Why don't you try putting new trainer with Articuno to try whether that one crashes? =)
    If it's problem with Pokemon data, it will crash anyways without any connection to the trainer.

That would work, If I was also getting the same problem. In my Rom, the rival battle & Articuno works perfectly. I also had two others who are near me try it on their computers & the battle also worked fine. So it's really confusing. And yea, I've tried given Articuno to a random trainer & it worked as well (Was kinda a funny battle actually. I started a new game & gave it to the first Galatic Grunt on the first route and it Ice Beamed my Lv10 Dragonite to death).

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Question: Were you able to battle your Rival in the sealed chamber perfectly or did you encounter an error & had to use the walk-through-walls cheat to get pass him?
    That battle worked fine for me (I'm using the same .sav file from the first beta).

It would be nice if you can rename bugged city and routes with something cooler, i.e. "Forbidden City" instead of "Error" (also "Error City" would be better); it's quite weird to see that error named places in the map. I'm asking that because I think it's an effortless modify and maybe you would like this idea too; if you think that people could understand better that those places are forbidden to go with the actual names, it would be fine too: take my post just like a details lover's suggestion!

Great hack, by the way. It's really envolving, like "Wooo! I have to save the damn world from Darugis!" ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Connect your iPad to your PC and open iTunes. Go to your apps and scroll down and click on gba4ios. Transfer the game (.gba) and the saved file (.sav) to a new folder on your desktop. Next download a clean fire red rom and patch it on that. Then after you patch it go to iTunes again and scroll down and click add then you can transfer the pokemon fire red rom (rename it to DR2) and your saved data. Rename both to DR2 and don't name them the same way you already have it on GBA4iOS. After that it should work it did for me. Oh and you're gonna have the old DR2 on your iPad still just delete it after you confirm that the patched rom has your old saved data as well.
    Hope I helped if you have any question cause my explanation was confusing then just PM me.

Will the save file still be there? Because I deleted my old DR2 in my GBA4iOS so I can open the newly patched DR2 in GBA4iOS. I deleted my old DR2 because I thought I can still open my old save file because my GBA4iOS is synced in my dropbox.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • That battle worked fine for me (I'm using the same .sav file from the first beta).

It would be nice if you can rename bugged city and routes with something cooler, i.e. "Forbidden City" instead of "Error" (also "Error City" would be better); it's quite weird to see that error named places in the map. I'm asking that because I think it's an effortless modify and maybe you would like this idea too; if you think that people could understand better that those places are forbidden to go with the actual names, it would be fine too: take my post just like a details lover's suggestion!

Great hack, by the way. It's really envolving, like "Wooo! I have to save the damn world from Darugis!" ;)

Ha, while that does sound like a good idea, Curiosity is a thing & I have a feeling that if I named it "Forbidden City" players would get curious and try to find every way possible to get into that city lol. With a name like that, even I would wanna try and see what's in the city if it wasn't my hack.

The Team Thread for Order Destroyed has been Submitted. Now waiting for Approval. (Would've been posted earlier if Persona 4: Golden wasn't controlling my free time.) You can check it out in "The Team Room" part of the Rom Hacking section by tomorrow hopefully. Sign Up if you're interested!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    Will the save file still be there? Because I deleted my old DR2 in my GBA4iOS so I can open the newly patched DR2 in GBA4iOS. I deleted my old DR2 because I thought I can still open my old save file because my GBA4iOS is synced in my dropbox.

Oh no sorry if you deleted the old file then you do have to start over. I don't use Dropbox so I don't know how it works. So I can't help there sorry.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    When do you get the exp share in DR2?
    i hop this hasn' been posted before.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Ha, while that does sound like a good idea, Curiosity is a thing & I have a feeling that if I named it "Forbidden City" players would get curious and try to find every way possible to get into that city lol. With a name like that, even I would wanna try and see what's in the city if it wasn't my hack.

The Team Thread for Order Destroyed has been Submitted. Now waiting for Approval. (Would've been posted earlier if Persona 4: Golden wasn't controlling my free time.) You can check it out in "The Team Room" part of the Rom Hacking section by tomorrow hopefully. Sign Up if you're interested!
    Name it "Truth City" so we can... Reach out to the truth =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back