• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
I played DR and oh dear is it bad, the game feels glitchy and unfinished, the battles are borring and require to cheat rare candies in order to advance.
I'm glad it exist because we can learn what NOT to do in a rom hack, you can't learn everything by consuming good media, you need some trash to figure out what made that thing trash and improve upon it.

You know what? The game is glitchy and unfinished. And the level curve is the exact opposite of the GSC games. But you don't have to cheat rare candies since you can fight several bosses repeatedly for some reason. Earlier on in the game you can fight Emmet Cole infinitely at the city where you get the first badge. You can also fight Prof. Ivan at the end of Diglett's cave repeatedly. Later on, you can fight against Florida at the north of Salem upon exiting the Mystic Cave / Cerulean Cave, Light at the end of the straight route with fog, south of Salem, and Pete near the entrance of Numassity City. In fact, you can fight Pete 2-3 times in a row if you get the chance.

I totally agree with what you said in the second line; this romhack exactly shows what not to do in a good romhack.

Im trying to evolve my rotom into a rotom mow and I don't know where to find the leaf stone. Pls Help!

To my knowledge Rotom alt formes don't exist in Dark Rising games. also stop liking your own posts, please, and thank you.

Back