• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Shadows

What Starter should have the first event?

• Squirtle

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Bulbasaur

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Charmander

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Chikorita

• Totodile

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Treecko

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Mudkip

• Trochic

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
  • Pokemon Dark Shadows (Teaser released)

POKEMON: DARK SHADOWS

FireRed Base

Introduction
    Hello, I am Neon Hydra. This is my first hack, so I would like to see what you think.

Story
    There currently is no set story. The point of this game is to give a new region to explore, significant edits of stats\evolutions to make the game hold your attention longer than Firefed did. The story will be edited in some cases but it will essentiona keep the same league them of previous games.

Features (This what the final product will include)
    progress markers
    Spoiler:

New region
    New starter triangle
    All possible battles will be double battles
    Evolution Overhaul (all evolutions are extended to remove that endless haul to lvl 100)
    New legendaries (ghost Umbreon and Dark Absol are possibilities)
    New Pokemon type : Light, (Shadow or Demonic)
    Running inside
    Ability to buy Ether's at the pokemart

Screen Shots
    Spoiler:

Bugs: (if anyone knows how to fix this please say so)
    When reciving items from the PROF it will say OAK as opposed to Flint (fixed for next version)
    When returning to route 1 there is a pokeball that gives unlimited amount of paralys heals (fixed for next version)

Team
    Me - Mapper, scripter
    AuroraHearts - Spriter
    BlindBommer - Beta tester, mapper

Betas
    Spoiler:

Banners
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

e7a

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    You might need to have bit better story, no offence, but overall it seems quite good:) I like that Larvitar is a starter:)

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Story seems kinda... weird to me. Jazz it u a bit and I might like this hack.

No grammer issues, decent screenshots, I think this is going to be a good hack :D

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • I agree my story does need work. I am going to work on it more as i go, but my intention was not to make a game with a memorible story line it was to do stat adjusting to try and make it a better RPG as a whole and ad a slightly new story line and some new events.

ok guys the banners are up and the first beta will be here soon please show your support if you want to

The first teaser of the game is up. It is by no means the game it just lets you play through a few coustom maps that i have made so far. please tell me of any problems you have.

ok guys i have fixed some bugs in the teaser and added somthing new :)
    the link is updated

Last edited by a moderator:

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    larvita as a starter? genius!

oh perhaps you could use the overworld editor and edit the main character sprite?
    i would love to use a dark demonish baddass in the game
    ^_^

perhaps i can help? ive hacked a few games including pokemon emerald so i know pretty much the basics and hex editing etc...
    plus my strong points are designing sprites

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • That would be perfect as i have no experience with sprites. Do you think you could make a new sprite for the main character that would be great. Thanks for the offer

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    its ok, im happy that i could help! i'll try and get down to it right away

i'll pm you the stuff later ok? :3

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Absol Is AlReady A Dark Type
    How u gonna make it specail

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    oh i also wanted to ask, you know in this hack as Nintendork15 has already mentioned,
    how is umbreon gonna be changed?
    is he gna get bigger or are you gonna make a whole new pokemon similar to umbreon?

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • read above post. I have decided to trash that story. I am keeping the dark type theme but i will find new ledgendaries

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    plot to the game
    everyone dies!! D:

lmao

nah, i really removed the previous comment due to the fact that it may contain spoilers to the game :)

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • ...... That is really good. I will. um... but right now my focus is to redo the maps and minor scripting but i will deffinetly use that thank you

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    ok no problem, but if i were you i would note that down somewhere since if someone read it then your whole plot would be ruined - lol
    ^^

i'll pm it to you then
    then i'll see if i can delete it ok?

*edit*
    did you get the message?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    No offense, but don't you think you should have a better name than Dark Shadows? It just seems a bit cliched to me and quite typical / common. But the features are quite good.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • funny that you mention that. I had this idea quite a while before i came here and it was only after i started that i noticed how common "Dark" and "shadows" was with rom hacks. O well hopefully it will be noticed for its features rather than it's name. I am curently doing the first gym hope it turns out :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back