• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen pokemon DP SCREENSHOTS (revealed)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

The overworld isn't really 3D. They removed most of the outlines, but you can still see some outlines on the very edges of the buildings and trees.
    Anyways, it's still the simplistic Pokemon that we're all familiar with. Now that we've seen how it looks, I can wait to see how it moves. And I wonder what attack that Munchlax is using...?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    i have the scans.. check them out on PPN sample attached..

So far this game looks great.. basicilly the same old (familiar) play style, but hopped up a notch or two.. Lets hope D/P takes full advantage of the DS's WiFi and other capablities..

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

A long time from now I'm afraid. Probably spring of 2007. =(

Years
    And again probably even later... That's not a problem though. Don't forget there are Mysterius Dungeons as well as Ranger to play till DP come. Anyway, in general words I'm satisfied with them. I think it's gonna be great. I wonder how will Shinou Region look like. :D

Years
    • Seen today
    aragornbird said:

A long time from now I'm afraid. Probably spring of 2007. =(

Actually, I heard Nintendo is going to try for a lte '06 release. Also, the name of the starting town "Futaba" means "sprout" so I'm guessing the city name motifs might be plants.

Last edited:

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
    Personally I kinda hate how the trainers looks,its not the cloths or anything,its the hats :( I thought they were beanies from far,but now i have no idea what they are...But the graphics look good. but its funny how everyone was expecting the "perfect " game

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    According to Serebii, the Japanese release is this fall (September-November this year), so the game will probably come out elsewhere in Spring or Summer 2007, unless they surprise us with a simultaneous worldwide release.

weirdo1

Like I care...
    Years
    I personally think that they are good screens and the battle mode has been updated with those fields instead of white lines.

I think D\P is gonna come out in Australia at Christmas 2006 ( I hope!)

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    weirdo1 said:
    I personally think that they are good screens and the battle mode has been updated with those fields instead of white lines.

I think D\P is gonna come out in Australia at Christmas 2006 ( I hope!)

I'd be surprised if it came out in America at Christmas 2006. A more realistic release date for Australia is Christmas 2007.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    No this is what I noticed about the Pokemon games. Japan and America has a 3 month or later release date from each other. I did wish that it did come out for the U.S by Christmas time.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Years
    Aww...I knew they would do this eventually...I would rather have great 2D than average 3D anyday. I hope the real game doesnt look that bad. They should keeep using 2D for the handhelds, and use 3D for everything else...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It doesn't have the same bright and happy look to it like the other games, but its still awesome!
    I can't wait for this game to release!!

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Blazemxx said:
    Official Sprites have finally come out! Looks realistic.

Realistic? It's not supposed to be realistic. It doesn't even look realistic.

Back