• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald (CRASH)

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2013
    So I don't now is there a topic about this stuff so never mind..
    I had a wery BIG qestion about Pokemon Emerald...
    Afther Elite 4 and the champion.. There is a save... It saves but when I want to return to the game but I can't do it becoz game is telling me that the save file is crashed... But in YouTube I see that there is a pokemon emerald game videos, where they can go to the Battle Frontier whitout using cheat code...
    For one I want to finish the game whitout crash... Cloud you help me?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Ya have bad save type I guess...
    Ya should change it to 128K and then delete save files but I think ya have to play new game but I'm not sure

I don't think he's playing a ROM.

Chever: This could be because you're playing a used game, or your internal battery is dying.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    On some googling, looks like some other people had the same problem and it's likely to be the internal battery, or you turned it off while it was still saving.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2013
    I using VBA (VisualBoyAdvance) so meby some one can give me norma game link... That dosen't CRASH!

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    You have to change the Save Type to 128k, or the Save function won't work, because the game and VBA is trying to write in sort of "different languages", but you can just cheat your team back with AR if you delete the save, then just chew trough the entire game without any resistance and then go to the Battle Frontier with the team you already had.
    You can go to Project Pokémon and download a save state editor when you have deleted the old save-file, so you don't have to rebuild your team from scratch or type them in using AR(it can be a huge amount of codes for one Pokémon)

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I would say that you would restart your game if your game crashes, but if you do and it doesn't save, it broke or crashed harder. My game did that once and it broke.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2013
    But I can save game eny time.. But the game isn't saveing when you defit a elite four...

Back