• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    here is a google drive with the .ups patch, if this isnt allowed either please let me know so i can delete it! Also, I'm not familiar with hex editing whatsoever, but would it be easier to patch a clean emerald with the deluxe and lore friendly patches, and look at the hex from my copy and the new one to see where the error might be?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19FZrU-qhLGhum4VrbfXQjPFqYPvs42XR/view?usp=sharing

Nah patches are fine! That's why my links only include patches.

Sure you can do that, the Eevee table is at: 0xFF3794 and the code for Deluxe Lore-Friendly should be:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Nah patches are fine! That's why my links only include patches.

Sure you can do that, the Eevee table is at: 0xFF3794 and the code for Deluxe Lore-Friendly should be:
    Spoiler:

okay, i looked through the hex and yes there was a few bytes off, dont know how they got muddled but I fixed them, ran a test on the copy and it works, im getting glaceon and leafeon from the documented methods, thank you very much for your time and help! Aside from 1 or 2 inverted sprites and some jankiness from the gen 4 mons, this a total masterpiece of a romhack, you're doing some amazing work!

Years
    okay, i looked through the hex and yes there was a few bytes off, dont know how they got muddled but I fixed them, ran a test on the copy and it works, im getting glaceon and leafeon from the documented methods, thank you very much for your time and help! Aside from 1 or 2 inverted sprites and some jankiness from the gen 4 mons, this a total masterpiece of a romhack, you're doing some amazing work!

Thanks so much! I'm always happy to hear people are enjoying Final :) btw feel free to join our Discord! It's a pretty good community and I'm fairly proud of that :P

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2023
    Legacy was one of the best emerald hacks i ever played so far.

I started deluxe and -lol- for some odd reason i thought i could get a Gyarados with moxie ability so i was trying to change the ability in the daycare without success. Forgot this goes only to iv gen.

Years
    Legacy was one of the best emerald hacks i ever played so far.

I started deluxe and -lol- for some odd reason i thought i could get a Gyarados with moxie ability so i was trying to change the ability in the daycare without success. Forgot this goes only to iv gen.

I'm thrilled to hear that! Err, well, read it XD

The included documentation lists all the Pokemon's abilities but you're right, only up to gen four!

You should join our Discord and drop your Elite Four team in our hall-of-fame channel :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    ok, thanks im new to anything outside of just using advanced map, XSE and advanced trainer lol. I looked into the devkit link but everything was greek to me, didnt really understand what any of it meant. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge lol, would love to be taken up to speed.

Years
    ok, thanks im new to anything outside of just using advanced map, XSE and advanced trainer lol. I looked into the devkit link but everything was greek to me, didnt really understand what any of it meant. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge lol, would love to be taken up to speed.

I'd be happy to help you out. I've given a lot of folks help learning ROM hacking, but I'd prefer to do it on discord since it's instant messaging lol hope that's okay! There's a link to my server on the original post and I have the same username there so feel free to drop me a message 😁

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    I love this. It is so fricken creative. I just started and would like to bring up the pokedex entry big. When I catch a new pokemon the text seems to not be in the textbox. It doesn't happen everytime but it is just the smallest bit distracting

Also a suggestion. It's cool if it's toeing the line but gen 2 tree headbutt mechanic?

Years
    I love this. It is so fricken creative. I just started and would like to bring up the pokedex entry big. When I catch a new pokemon the text seems to not be in the textbox. It doesn't happen everytime but it is just the smallest bit distracting

Also a suggestion. It's cool if it's toeing the line but gen 2 tree headbutt mechanic?

Yeah the pokedex thing is a visual bug from the catching exp, which is optional. It doesn't negatively affect anything, just shows the description offcenter on new entries, still normal on the main dex page though!

Glad to hear you like Final btw! :)
    As for the headbutt suggestion? It's doable, surprisingly enough lol but I don't think it's something that really fits the tone for Final. I'll think on it!

Also, the next update will have re-battleable trainers like FRLG but I'm going to make it so that you just have to leave the area and return instead of needing to charge the VS Seeker or call on the Pokenav. Pretty excited about that :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    hello could someone say where the Shiny Charm is exactly, sorry and thank you. loving this Emerald hack, dearman4.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2023
    Yeah it was the most up to date version but I just came to update that it seems due to Nincada have a second ability and it's evos having one. It tried to stay with it's second ability.

The ability switcher did end up fixing it.

Years
    Yeah it was the most up to date version but I just came to update that it seems due to Nincada have a second ability and it's evos having one. It tried to stay with it's second ability.

The ability switcher did end up fixing it.

Yep that will be fixed in the next version! Thanks :)

Days
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    this has probably been asked before but the RNG is still the same as vanilla emerald, yes? (like if i wanted to shiny hunt the starters i would need to find the exact frame that they would be shiny) or has it been changed?

Back