• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • Torchic does spawn on route 104 as the encounter table says, it's just the encounter rate is too low. Best you keep trying until one shows up.

RFE (Reason for edit) - Addendum:

I do not like double posting on any forum I visit so I decided to just edit this post because I have another suggestion...

Given the tools available to you at present, would it be possible to turn Exp. Share into a key item we can activate/deactivate once we receive it from Steven? Or maybe a new PokeNav function?

Yeah I'm working on it, but I think I'll keep the Exp Share as a regular item and have a separate Key Item to attune it to either the holder or the whole party

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Haven't checked this thread in a while, I'm glad this is still being worked on! Just downloaded the latest version, I'll let you know if I find any new bug. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    @Dearman4:

I've just arrived at Slateport and bought 10 Greatballs at the Pokemon Mart but the attendant didn't give me my free PremierBall 😟

Years
  • @Dearman4:

I've just arrived at Slateport and bought 10 Greatballs at the Pokemon Mart but the attendant didn't give me my free PremierBall 😟

Those are only given with regular Pokeball purchases of ten or more, other types don't count.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Hi, I tried opening the Pokemon editor in PGE and it always has "unhandled exception" and crashes, but yet the move editor opens and functions just fine. Does this have to do with the Ini file? How can I fix this? Thanks!

Years
  • Hi, I tried opening the Pokemon editor in PGE and it always has "unhandled exception" and crashes, but yet the move editor opens and functions just fine. Does this have to do with the Ini file? How can I fix this? Thanks!

Not sure why that's happening, I don't think I changed anything in this version that needs a new ini file... Try it in gen 3 tools

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2020
    this might already been asked but i just notice i can use hidden machine without using it in a pokemon at first i thought it only works on surf because i notice wailmer pad or something and i tried it on different hm's and it work without a pokemon but can't figured out how to use Fly without pokemon. Is that possible?

And also what percentage of encounter bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle? I tried looking in petalburg woods for bulbasaur for an hour plus but no luck also tried in mt.pyre outside but not in top, also tried in ice room shoal cave.

Btw love this hack!

Years
  • this might already been asked but i just notice i can use hidden machine without using it in a pokemon at first i thought it only works on surf because i notice wailmer pad or something and i tried it on different hm's and it work without a pokemon but can't figured out how to use Fly without pokemon. Is that possible?

And also what percentage of encounter bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle? I tried looking in petalburg woods for bulbasaur for an hour plus but no luck also tried in mt.pyre outside but not in top, also tried in ice room shoal cave.

Btw love this hack!

The Fly and Flash HMs still need to be taught to be used, unfortunately. Once I can figure out how to make new items to do that I will.

As stated in the Wild Encounter List, the starters are all 1% encounters, though that is going to be upped do 5% in the next version due to the amount of people having issues with them.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    The 1% encounter chance isn't actually that difficult to deal with, kinda annoying at times yes but still doable. Also you're kinda locked into whatever gender and nature that 1% encounter chance Pokemon gets, that rare time it does pop out. Loving this hack so far though 😊

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2020
    The Fly and Flash HMs still need to be taught to be used, unfortunately. Once I can figure out how to make new items to do that I will.

As stated in the Wild Encounter List, the starters are all 1% encounters, though that is going to be upped do 5% in the next version due to the amount of people having issues with them.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Thank you for responding!

I'm just worried i was looking for nothing.
    どもう ! And again i love this hack!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024

Flash = Flare Gun
    Fly = Portal Gun

LOL 😂

Also I just wanted to report that Grimer, which is oddly only ever present in Fiery Path seems to only spawn as female. I've been trying to find a male one for two hours now and have yet to see one. I'm still trying to find one though. If I do not edit this post within two hours, it means my observation holds true, if I find one I'll definitely edit back.

RFE - Addendum:

Finally, after 16 Grimer encounters the last one was finally male. 1 in 16, definitely isn't up to the 50/50 Gender ratio, but I finally got one at least 😊

Last edited:
    Years
  • Flash = Flare Gun
    Fly = Portal Gun

LOL 😂

Also I just wanted to report that Grimer, which is oddly only ever present in Fiery Path seems to only spawn as female. I've been trying to find a male one for two hours now and have yet to see one. I'm still trying to find one though. If I do not edit this post within two hours, it means my observation holds true, if I find one I'll definitely edit back.

RFE - Addendum:

Finally, after 16 Grimer encounters the last one was finally male. 1 in 16, definitely isn't up to the 50/50 Gender ratio, but I finally got one at least 😊

Actually I long since decided that Flash will be a miner's helmet and Fly will be one of those rainbow hats with a propeller, and I am sticking to that :P

As for Grimer being in Fiery Path, I don't know where else it could go but it always felt fitting enough for me. I'll add checking its gender ratio to my list lol

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I just encountered an odd bug/behavior with the first egg I received from the Day Care. It hasn't hatched yet, and yet it gained a level. Is this a Bad egg or something? 🙃

Okay, it just hatched but it was kinda odd to see an egg gain levels like that though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    When you catch a pokemon the dex entry looks all messed up is this a bug? Some bugs i found,when you talk to a tv the game crashes,when you talk to nurse joy before you fight may in the odale town pokemkn center the game crashes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • When you catch a pokemon the dex entry looks all messed up is this a bug?

Yes, and unfortunately one in not sure how to fix. It's from the XY style EXP from catching pokemon feature, which I'm loathe to not include just to fix a minor graphical glitch

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2020
    Hi, I really like the work you did for you rom and want to try it myself : but I am encountering bugs when applying the patch :
    - I tried to patch optionnal ones (like Physical / Special Shift and updating moves to 6th gen state) and the patched rom works fine
    - When I apply the Final patch (the global one), the .gba file obtained doesn't work on emulator (neither provided VisualBoyAdvance nor others like mGBA), it is blocked and loading on a white screen

Ever encoutered this bug ? I might have missed something but I applied patches correctly so I don't really see the issue...

Thanks a lot !

Years
  • Hi, I really like the work you did for you rom and want to try it myself : but I am encountering bugs when applying the patch :
    - I tried to patch optionnal ones (like Physical / Special Shift and updating moves to 6th gen state) and the patched rom works fine
    - When I apply the Final patch (the global one), the .gba file obtained doesn't work on emulator (neither provided VisualBoyAdvance nor others like mGBA), it is blocked and loading on a white screen

Ever encoutered this bug ? I might have missed something but I applied patches correctly so I don't really see the issue...

Thanks a lot !

You're supposed to do the main patch first, then the optional patches. If it still doesn't work, you may not be using a vanilla ROM

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2020
    Hm actually i tried the main patch first, with 4 "vanilla" roms from different sources, how can I check they're actually vanilla ? Never encountered this behaviour elsewhere ?

EDIT : the log file sent out Total Patches: 3628 (13864) in the end

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hm actually i tried the main patch first, with 4 "vanilla" roms from different sources, how can I check they're actually vanilla ? Never encountered this behaviour elsewhere ?

EDIT : the log file sent out Total Patches: 3628 (13864) in the end

Ohhh the way you said it made me think that you did it the other way around. I think someone else had a similar issue and was about to use a web based patcher to get it working. Just make sure you aren't trying to patch in features already enabled like the PSS, each of the optional patches has its own README telling whether or not it is enabled by default.

Here's the link to a web based patcher https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

When doing multiple patches you'll need to do them one at a time, save the patched file and reload it in for each!

Back