• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    Hello, while I love the intention of the hack, and I enjoyed playing it so far, all early Pokemon only know the struggle move? I downloaded the 7.4 legacy rom to keep things as original as could be. But I don't seem to remember this being in the original game? Every Pokemon from the start to gym 2 only or rarely use anything else then Struggle. Also a lot of the lower mon's I catch don't seem to have any basic attack moves? Like my lvl12 Houndour only knows a defense lowering move? Thanks for any help!

That's an issue with Legacy, typo on my end, I attached a fix patch to the bottom of the original post to fix that. Next update will have it fully fixed!

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    Hey, I think I found a bug, but I don't know if it is just me as I did implement some other patches besides the base. When my Pokemon used Thrash on a Normal type Pokemon, it says that it doesn't affect it, but it works on other types. I also used other Normal type attacks and they still worked on Normal types, but not Thrash for some reason. Can you look into this? Thanks in advance, and I apologize if it have to use some of your time.

Years
    Hi Sir!!!...is it ok to ask it here on how did you coded the EV Resetter?...i want to add this quality of life hack from your mods to my normal Pokemon Emerald... i manage to get the script and able to add a lady for the EV Resetter...the only problem is when i select YES to reset it...the game freezes...i dont know other details or the length of the offset you have used... EV Resetter is Good enough for me...and this version of yours is more reliable than others...i hope its not bad on asking for help on you for this... Thanks in advance!!!

Years
    Hi Sir!!!...is it ok to ask it here on how did you coded the EV Resetter?...i want to add this quality of life hack from your mods to my normal Pokemon Emerald... i manage to get the script and able to add a lady for the EV Resetter...the only problem is when i select YES to reset it...the game freezes...i dont know other details or the length of the offset you have used... EV Resetter is Good enough for me...and this version of yours is more reliable than others...i hope its not bad on asking for help on you for this... Thanks in advance!!!

I'd be happy to help you out! Though it specifically says in the Frequently Asked Questions that I prefer this kind of thing in a private message (or even better, in discord, as instant messaging is much more convenient lol)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Think there's a bug in the game that hasn't been spotted. For some reason some of the stored pokemon in the PC are turning into bad eggs

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    I though that happened because I was playing around with pkhex (withing allowed bounds) but it was a bug, Thanks for your work!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Starting the game off with an Eevee that has Adaptability as its Ability is kinda OP and I love it LOL! 😂

Years
    • She / They
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    Hey! Just joined the forums to tell you that I love your hack so far!! Been doing a nuzlocke and having a blast! (*^v^)

I've had a few bugs to report, if it can help!
    (I play with the deluxe version on my 3ds xl with an injected cia)
    None are game breaking though :
    - The lady that gives you the ribbons next to the guy selling EV items in slateport doesn't have any dialogue for me... I hear the click that indicates she can be interacted with but nothing unfortunately.
    - I don't have surf but I can still "interact" with the water as it still makes the sound weirdly enough.
    - Some sentences don't have the first letter for some reason.

I don't really know if it's a personal problem (as if I fricked up the rom somehow ha ha) but I still wanted to report it just in case! 👍

Again, ty very much for your hard work! The hack is really fun! 🎉

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Since you added a few Gen IV Evos on the latest Deluxe update, I just got to ask. Did you also add in Happiny, Bonsly and Munchlax too?

Years
    Since you added a few Gen IV Evos on the latest Deluxe update, I just got to ask. Did you also add in Happiny, Bonsly and Munchlax too?

Nope, and for two good reasons. Firstly, I cannot figure out how to change what pokemon gets hatched from an egg when you breed them, so babies would have to be in the wild which doesn't fit imo for most of them. Secondly, the way I added the new pokemon was to use the 25 empty slots in the code between the Gen 2 Pokemon and the Gen 3 Pokemon, and the number of 4th Gen Evolutions and babies combined is greater than 25 so some would need to be skipped anyway and knowing that, it just made the most sense to me to drop the new babies from the list!

Hey! Just joined the forums to tell you that I love your hack so far!! Been doing a nuzlocke and having a blast! (*^v^)

I've had a few bugs to report, if it can help!
    (I play with the deluxe version on my 3ds xl with an injected cia)
    None are game breaking though :
    - The lady that gives you the ribbons next to the guy selling EV items in slateport doesn't have any dialogue for me... I hear the click that indicates she can be interacted with but nothing unfortunately.
    - I don't have surf but I can still "interact" with the water as it still makes the sound weirdly enough.
    - Some sentences don't have the first letter for some reason.

I don't really know if it's a personal problem (as if I fricked up the rom somehow ha ha) but I still wanted to report it just in case! 👍

Again, ty very much for your hard work! The hack is really fun! 🎉

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! We also have a discord btw :)
    The Ribbon NPC is a known bug that I'll have fixed in the next version, same with those text errors. The water however, is like that so you can Surf without needing the HM, it opens a script to check for the fifth badge and if you have it, it gives you the option to Surf. If you don't have that badge, the script ends, idk if there's a way to make that particular script not make the notification sound but either way it is intentional lol

Years
    • She / They
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! We also have a discord btw :)
    The Ribbon NPC is a known bug that I'll have fixed in the next version, same with those text errors. The water however, is like that so you can Surf without needing the HM, it opens a script to check for the fifth badge and if you have it, it gives you the option to Surf. If you don't have that badge, the script ends, idk if there's a way to make that particular script not make the notification sound but either way it is intentional lol

Alrighty, ty for your quick answer!!

Back