• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackNWhite

Ferriswheelshipper
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Defeated the Elite 4 last night, and tbh it wasn't much trouble since i had a properly EV-trained Pokemon on my team. Sydney and Glacia were easily taken care of by my Toxicroak, while my over-leveled Jynx defeated Drake single-handedly, Phoebe was the most troublesome and she took one or two sacrifices for me to defeat. Wallace though, was especially easy, since even though my Toxicroak had Water Absorb, he kept going for Water Sprout, letting me Swords Dance my way up to +6, and from then on it's just a one man show.

Edit: A little bit disappointed that the E4 doesn't get stronger when rematched. I know that the Gym Leaders fill in this role as well but since their rematches are entirely random i don't know when to expect it, and checking the PokeNav all the time isn't a good idea. Well, i guess i'll have to contend with Wally for now. Btw, after beating the E4 and arriving at the Battle Frontier, leveling up becomes much easier since you can use Emerald's cloning glitch for Rare Candies.

Last edited:

BlackNWhite

Ferriswheelshipper
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Was a little bit annoyed that Salac Berry couldn't be found inside gen 3 games. Fortunately, i thought of downloading the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc in hope of transferring a Jirachi holding Salac onto a Ruby rom. Much to my surprise, it actually worked. By connecting Dolphin and VBA-M i managed to get my Ruby rom a Salac Berry Jirachi. And even more astounding, i could even trade between Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Emerald Omega without much problem (though the traded Pokemon must be legit though, not the hacked ones) through the use of VBA-M's link cable feature. And now, i managed to get myself a Salac Berry onto Emerald Omega. Of course, i can always just cheat and get a Salac Berry directly, but spending effort to achieve something is how you should enjoy this hack, since the reason why i played this to begin with was to find some challenges. What i managed to learn from this:

1/ You can trade and battle with yourself on emulators.

2/ Emerald Omega can still interact with all gen 3 games, at least with the original Pokemons.

UnderKingSerenade

Hex Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    I'm loving this mod. The difficulty is very challenging but the improvements to pokemon and movepools and the variety of teams to make ensure that its not impossible. Some minor improvements I think would be good:
    Add in some more new abilities (the more useful new ones like moxie salamence, hydration vaporeon, and fix sturdy)
    Update sandstorm for the sp def boost
    Stage higher level wild pokemon near the gym. I can accept having to grind up levels a little bit before the leader but wild pokemon levels seem to be a little over half the gym leaders level and giving almost no experience to help level up
    Make more useful items available early like exp share, and maybe a lucky egg/macho brace, and move the move deleter and tutors closer to the early game
    Indication of perfect ivs (more of a dream addition, since people rarely are able to implement that)

Its still the most entertaining sideshow hack I've played and I give a huge amount of credit. This would really be perfect if some elements of the pokemon sigma hack could be lifted into it (ie the new abilities). I would really try and do this myself but I have no clue where to start

Edit: Also forgot to mention to report a bug I found. Draining kiss seems to always freeze whether its used on me or by me

Last edited:

BlackNWhite

Ferriswheelshipper
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Draining Kiss worked fine for me. It was one of my Jynx's moves at a certain point. Oh, and on the Draining Kiss note: the original Draining Kiss had only 50 base power, and 75% recovery, but the Draining Kiss inside Emerald Omega is like a Giga Drain: 75 base power, 50% absorption, still recovering the same amount but dealing more damage.

About the new abilities, i don't think we should implement more tbh. Since the beginning, Moxie Salamence for example was too strong in gen V, and with the lack of Choice Scarf, Life Orb, Focus Sash, Custap Berry or even Eviolite inside this mod, the number of things that can stop Salamence from sweeping is extremely limited (the most viable ones i found so far are Starmie (which will lose against Dragon Dance Salamence), Froslass (which is normally a lead anyway), Mamowine (which will lose if Salamence has a Dragon Dance and is at full health), or some bulky walls like Skarmory (and even then Salamence mostly runs Fire Blast in the Smogon sets, which this mod is based on)).

I do have a few suggestions though. First, the OP should change Wish's mechanic to fit with gen V/VI. To begin with, only Vaporeon/Umbreon/Chansey are useful Wish passers, and only the former has the ability to safely pass Wishes through Baton Pass, but the fact that Wish will only recover 1/2 of the recipient's health makes them unworthy at times. And then, this mod lacks one of the most influential moves in Pokemon: Stealth Rock. The only EH in this hack is Spikes, which can be easily be bypassed by Flying types or Levitate, while being extremely tedious to set up (wasting 3 turns to reach its max damage of 25%). I agree with the SandStorm part though. In addition, team building in this mod is much harder than normal since many Pokemons do not have their usual checks. For powerful Dragon types like Salamence/Garchomp, Starmie seems to be the only option (although Togekiss can still check them decently (provided that they both do not have Stone Edge)) alongside Swampert. For bulky Water types like Swampert himself, i found phazing them to be the only way besides wasting a team slot on a Grass type, making Vaporeon the most useful choice since it also has Wish and Protect (which helps a lot against defensive Gyarados). And this maybe a weird idea, but you can make Record mixing available between at least 2 Emerald Omega roms. Record mixing was a good way to EV-train, but it's impossible currently. And like i said before, the OP can try to implement more useful items like Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Life Orbs, etc, since they form a big part in many offensive Pokemons, especially Life Orb. Eviolite can be implemented to give us a more all-around wall like Porygon-2. Another thing, i wish that we can re-battle Steven and Red, since they were actually challenging somewhat (Red was unlucky enough to keep using Thunder Wave on my Swords Dance Garchomp so yeah).

For your suggestion on the level curve, i think it's fine as it is. Before reaching the 8th gym, my Jynx was already at level 100, while the other Trainers managed to send my Toxicroak to level 90, meaning that if you divide the battles carefully, you will be able to get at least a team of 4 Pokemons all at levels near 70. This hack makes us think before over-leveling our Pokemons. The one thing i do wish to add though, is that this hack makes EV training BEFORE the E4 extremely complicated. For examples, the usual Atk training place, which is that Ghost Tower, now also have Gastly and Duskull infested in them, lowering your rate of EV-train. Spd can still be trained by Surfing and battling Gol/Zubats, so it's ok, but HP is a different story. The only viable place for HP before E4 is Victory Road, which has Makuhita/Hariyama, but even then their total chances of meeting was only about 30-40%. After the E4 it's much easier to EV train since you can use the Ditto trick, but i still wish for the OP to modify a few locations to make them more suitable for EV-training.

The perfect IVs part is a good idea, but only on paper. If you want to implement that, you need an indication of perfect IVs the moment you enter the battle, since after you have captured a Pokemon, you can just fly to Battle Tower and let the old guy check for you. Tbh, even though i dislike IV-training, i still managed to get decent IVs through mass-breeding. Catch a bunch of needed parents, choose out the best male, filter out the best female, breed for a bunch of eggs, then choose the best child from that. Using this method, i managed to get Garchomp with 29 IVs Atk (tested at Lv 100), Gyarados with 30 IVs Hp, 24 Def, 26 Sp.Def.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2016
    I've downloaded the file in the mediafile link in post #1, but the ROM isn't in the game. Done twice now and haven't found it. Am I doing something wrong? Also tried Lunar to patch, nothing. Please advise!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    This patch simply does not work. I've tried it on multiple ROMS with multiple emulators. Can someone please indicate where to get the specific ROM the OP used to create the hack? This is driving me crazy. I've tried the UE version and the U version. I've tried using NUPS and I've tried using Tsukyumi.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Really want to try this hack too, but I keep getting the failed checksum message :( I've tried several different emerald roms, including every UPS patcher known to man, its just a real pity i can't get it to work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    Hi, a shot in the dark here, but can anyone confirm that Shedinja evolution is glitched and not working in this hack? He doesn't appear in the party even if all requirements are met.

For those looking to get the hack to work, you mist skip the checksum when patching.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2019
    This is an amazing hack! Good job!

Im finishing the game and looking foward to play firered. Is there a equivalent hack?

P.S.: Sry for the bad english

Years
  • This was tottaly amzing hack,at first looks cheap than others hack but the gameplay really worth it! Latter battles each battles requires good stragedy to your opponent.The trainers moveset were well balanced.
    But I couldnt beat the elite four and became hopeless against Phoebe.But I really enjoyed this hack! Hope at least he will update this game a bit which will encorage new players to play this awesomeness.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    Awesome hack, been playing it tens of hours already. Tried many hacks but this is the only one that doesn't feel either too modified nor a cake walk (most ones just hand you awesome Pokemon right away).
    Love the 6-pokemon battles, great move sets and levels.

Only "flaws" IMO:
    - Should be possible to unlearn HM's earlier in the game.
    - Staryu can be farmed for Stardust, giving you unlimited money supply in first town you visit.
    - Snorlax is bugged.
    - Many learn sets are a bit strange, and some missing moves.

Some very good Pokemon are encountered way too early in the game too (Beldum, Larvitar, cheap dragons) and the starters have weird move sets but I suppose that's preferential :)

At least I got my first non-Gyarados shiny:
    thedude.png

Great work can recommend this mod.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    This is an amazing hack! Good job!

Im finishing the game and looking foward to play firered. Is there a equivalent hack?

P.S.: Sry for the bad english
    Fire Red Omega is unfortunately nothing like this. No full team gym leaders, all starters are handed out right away, etc. So don't bother like I did :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I'm new to this hack and I haven't seen a lot of guides online despite a lot of searching, does anyone have a guide on how to evolve pokemon that weren't in Gen 3 (eg Eevee to Glaceon)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2019
    Fire Red Omega is unfortunately nothing like this. No full team gym leaders, all starters are handed out right away, etc. So don't bother like I did :)

It doesnt need to be fire red omega, maybe something like the set playstyle, the physical/special split, new moves, etc.

Anyway, thx for the information!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Hey great hack i have one question
    How many steps do the egss require to hatch ? The ones you get in the cave by fallarbor town (hope i spelt that right) the dragon eggs

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2016
    I can't get the patch to work, I select ignore in the options on NUPS when patching and VBA just gives me a white screen when attempting to play it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back