• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
  • like expert emerald this hack does use a fair share of OP pokemon/movesets for the gym leaders/E4 as well, not to mention item usage disabled while said npcs can still use items freely.
    so imo its still as ridiculous as or even more than EE

Wait really? I have haven't seen any NPC using items so far. I'll admit you have a point where the pokemon and movesets are challenging, but to me they are normal: the gym leaders are using the best moves they can for their pokemon, which makes sense given their position. I suppose my only gripe about this is that the player doesn't even have remote access to these things after beating said gym later (so far I'm at Dewford and have a mere one TM). Plus, for me, they are not OP since you can use strategy to beat them.

The worst part about EE was the fact that while everyone else had greatly leveled pokemon, YOU were still stuck with the normal wild pokemon from the game: This gets egregious when trying to grind for 25+ lv brawly with lv9 wilds. This hack however, actually has the wilds getting tougher as well, which to me is a major improvement.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Wait really? I have haven't seen any NPC using items so far. I'll admit you have a point where the pokemon and movesets are challenging, but to me they are normal: the gym leaders are using the best moves they can for their pokemon, which makes sense given their position. I suppose my only gripe about this is that the player doesn't even have remote access to these things after beating said gym later (so far I'm at Dewford and have a mere one TM). Plus, for me, they are not OP since you can use strategy to beat them.

The worst part about EE was the fact that while everyone else had greatly leveled pokemon, YOU were still stuck with the normal wild pokemon from the game: This gets egregious when trying to grind for 25+ lv brawly with lv9 wilds. This hack however, actually has the wilds getting tougher as well, which to me is a major improvement.

you can use items in EE, which more than compensate for underleveled pokemon. you dont have to overgrind them either to beat the trainers.

in hacks like these if you do not have solid bulky pokemon you WILL be forced to overgrind since you cannot use items to remedy accumulated dmg in battle.

well you just started it isnt that tough in the beginning, you will see some funny stuff later on. plus you are doing a blind nuzlocke, if u are actually following the rules and not save state abusing good luck in the later parts and dont rip ur hair out ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, new noob here! ^.^ so can someone tell me how to catch a froslass? I know in the later titles you use a dawnstone to evolve a fem snorunt, but I haven't been able to find one yet :( any advice?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    like expert emerald this hack does use a fair share of OP pokemon/movesets for the gym leaders/E4 as well, not to mention item usage disabled while said npcs can still use items freely.
    so imo its still as ridiculous as or even more than EE

NPCs do have slightly better moves than the player to compensate for the fact that they do not switch/are not as smart as a human being. However, they do not have the best moves until the end of the game at which point the player also has access to said moves.

No NPC in this game uses items except those few who use X Attack/X Defend, which are available for the player to use as well. Thus, the "npcs can use items freely" statement is false.

With that said, I do not recommend Nuzlocking this game as it is probably impossible without extreme overgrinding. This game is made for normal play.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Has the "Piloswine can´t evolve with the Frost Stone" glitch/bug been fixed?
    It´s the only problem I currently have with this game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    I keep getting this message when attempting to patch it, "Failed! Input checksum is invalid.".

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2015
    Anyone kind enough to help me with the patching? I'm playing on a phone using Myboy. I can't seem to get it to play however. It just shows a black screen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Every time I patch this thing I get a glitched version where no Pokemon have any moves, Oldale Town is abandoned and it freezes during thee battle vs. May.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    Of all the hacks on this site, this is the one that gets permanently pinned? An exact copy of emerald except with wild locations and trainer levels changed?

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Of all the hacks on this site, this is the one that gets permanently pinned? An exact copy of emerald except with wild locations and trainer levels changed?

You obviously haven't played it, neither have you checked what section it is in:

The Sideshow Showcase is a section where you can post hacks which are not entirely meant to be serious hacks. These could be '386' hacks, mini-projects or even good old translation projects. Along with these rules, you must follow the Global PokéCommmunity rules.

bye.

Years
  • This thread is pinned because the hack won Sideshow Showcase Hack of the Year 2014, and so will be pinned until Hack of the Year 2015 begins; whether or not you agree with this decision is irrelevant, and if you wish to voice your opinions on this hack, do so in a more civil manner. To the others, stop replying to posts you think are "trolling," just report them instead; that's what the feature is for. If the hostility in this thread continues I'll deal out more infractions.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    sideshow hoty seem to be based purely on community vote counts, unlike the main hoty which all works goes through a more comprehensive elimination judging panel and scoring system.

also unlike main hoty I don't see which are the 2nd and 3rd hacks in the voting results for sideshow hoty, so it feels theres a lack of transparency on that regard.

this hack is basically expert emerald version 2 with forced nonoptional restrictions, i feel there are hacks out there in sideshow showcase that are shows more work and development in new areas (eg. throwback hack) which deserve more recognition, which i think is the statement that tauros is trying to come across to us

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2021
    Just a quick one, how can I evolve a gligar to a gliscor? mine is level 61 and no sign of evolving

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It seems as if this patch no longer works, can someone else please try patching and confirm.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    every time my metagross clear body got activated the game freeze...what am i supposed to do?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    How do i know where to catch all the pokemon?? Where they appear or perhaps where are the legendaries?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    this hack is basically expert emerald version 2 with forced nonoptional restrictions, i feel there are hacks out there in sideshow showcase that are shows more work and development in new areas (eg. throwback hack) which deserve more recognition, which i think is the statement that tauros is trying to come across to us

You say the exact same thing as me yet I get deleted and infracted while you get nothing.

Oh my bad...forgot Spherical Ice has a crush on me.

Years
  • You say the exact same thing as me yet I get deleted and infracted while you get nothing.

Oh my bad...forgot Spherical Ice has a crush on me.
    It's almost as if the common denominator is the way you post, your attitude, and not necessarily the things you're saying? If you worded your posts without coming across like your primary intention is insulting people, your posts would remain undeleted. If you wish to continue this riveting discussion, feel free to PM or VM me. Continue it here, and I'll continue to delete your posts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    I don't know if mamamama is still updating this, but if he is, I have a suggestion: Add more boxes to the PC. As it is, only 420 Pokemon can be stored, when this hack adds more to a total of 450.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back