• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Pokemon Emerald Overworld Sprites

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    I'm working on a rom hack ATM and I'm trying to change the professor over-world sprite but whenever i do this with Overworld Manager it turns out like this:
    Pokemon Emerald Overworld Sprites
    This is the sprite-sheet I'm trying to add:
    I was told to change the palette slot to 0xA since its dynamic but it still doesn't work, does anyone know how to help?
    Ive been trying to figure this issue out for a few days now and have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 5, 2024
    I don't recommend using that tool as HMA (hex maniac advance) is a far superior hacking tool capable of editing far more than just overworld sprites with automatic (and safe!) repointing. From experience I can tell you HMA is the BEST tool to use for OW editing in binary hacks, if you want to use HMA search for the github page. Also the 0xA palette is dynamic because its used for the player iirc so you should NOT use that palette for NPCS, and you should instead u HMA to change its palette slot and which palette it uses (see other NPCS in the editor to learn which value is what palette) I hope this solves your issue!

Back