• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon Essentials Help Needed!!

Days
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    hello, i am currently making a pokemon game using pokemon essentials and rpg maker xp and i want to be able to implement a gimmick similar to mega evolutions called "spirit forms" (not fully decided on the name yet, any suggestions?) but im not sure how to actually be able to do this. i want it to basically work like mega evos except mega stones are replaced with "SoulStones", and instead of mega evolving, pokemon turn into a spirity ancient looking version of themselves as well as gaining a stat boost, i also only want this to work on a select few pokemon. im not very familiar with coding and all that stuff so id appreciate any help that you can offer. thanks!

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Well, it sounds a lot like mega evolution so maybe you could look at how mega evolution is done and go from there. Mega evolution is already coded in Pokemon Essentials so you can look at it there. Maybe instead of starting from 0, you could simply change the mega evolution to work for these spirit forms.

What I know is that Pokemon Essentials handles mega evolution as forms, so their stats, types and all that are defined in the pokemon_forms PBS file. Here's the wiki's page about forms if you want to see how much you can customize them for your spirits forms: https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Forms

Back