• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Evolution

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    This is an old i idea i had for a hack before RS was out i released a beta version but it will have almost nothing in common with it other than the idea of genetically altered pokemon.

Many years have passed since Gold became the champion of Johto. It is now time for his son to start his journey.. but there is a catch.

Team Rocket, in a desperate attempt to create a pokemon more powerful than mewtwo, created a virus called the descolada virus. The descolado virus genetically altered the DNA of wild pokemon, changing the DNA to give them different types and abilites.

Professor Morpheos, a famed genetic scientist gives you his most powerful pokemon and sends you on a mission. You must go and explore the land looking for all the new varieties of pokemon created to update the pokedex while defeating gyms and battling the Elite 4.

I started this hack today ive already done a good amount of work on it. Ive decided to hack only gold because Ruby and Sapphire are to tedious to hack. Please close my other hack thread.

Also im looking to make a team to help produce this hack. I can do it alone but it would come out better if i had a team helping. I already have some custom sprites i may or may not decide to use because im not sure if i want many new pokemon.

The title screen is unfinished.

Edit: I got the idea for the descoloda from the Ender series but other than that it has nothing in common with those books

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    More screens:

Im not sure if i want to change the names of the pokemon with new types. Any ideas what i could name this grass type sandshrew?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    The screens look good! ^^
    The story sounds interesting aswell! :D
    Good luck with your hack homes! ;)

Hm..Grass Sandshrew...
    Uhm... Grasshrew? XD

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
    The story sounds great, and the screens look good!

P.S.: Are there any buggers? (relating to the Ender series)

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    meh i dont think i wanna make it to based around the Ender stoires i just decided to use descoloda as a way to explain the mutations of the pokemon.

the Descoloda is actually from Speaker for Dead and Xenocide.

Edit: one new screen for today

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    i went away for a few days so no progress has been made but i can continue the hack now? is it worth it?
    is no one interested in this game?
    i could have a beta done in 2 weeks possibly

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    im thinking of switching over to crystal while i havent done much work and just start over because it wouldbe better on crystal.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Maybe you should just move it to Emerald =O That'd way it'd be WAY updated and everything~

But Crystal does rock ^^;

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Hey wait!!!Mew is the starter!???What the ****!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    Not anymore, the hack is cancelled basically but really im just moving it over to crystal and changing the story alittle.

Back