• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[In Progress] Pokemon Fellowship In Kanto

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Made using Essentials v20.1 on RPG Maker XP

background4.png

Fellowship in Kanto is a new experience where you can play as Red, Leaf, Yellow, nurse Joy and others in a double battle-based game.
    So join our heroes as they Journey together to stop Team Rocket and become the champions.

Features

-New Partner system:
    Now you in full control of your partner's team, you can switch to your Partner at any time outside of battle, and they become the main character.
    Spoiler:

Your partner is not a walking Poke center anymore, any damage in battle will be carry on.
    You can trade Pokemon, join\dismiss your partner using the Partner scroll.

Spoiler:

The item storage is shared among all characters to make trading items easier.

-Unique main characters.
    Spoiler:

-Gyms and Elite four in 2v2 battle system
    Spoiler:

-The story is much expanded to cover the different characters Story lines.

-Gen1-4 Pokemons all updated to gen 8 mechanics ( some to gen 9 )

What's new in ver 1.2.0
    Check update log in the game folder for more information.

-Control partner \ Co-op mode ( Updated)
    New : Now the partner can access the mains bag in battle.
    Also I made the shared stash accessible anywhere from the pause menu, for convince.
    Spoiler:

-New mega evolutions and some gen 9 evolutios added
    check pokemon changes for more info ( Separate file in the game folder)
    Change Mega limit to be based on the team not on a character. ( can be increased )

- Eevee: updating moveset ( Separate file in the game folder), with the addition of multibeam ( special ) and dual fang ( physical ) ,Two types moves for eeveelutions, based on flying press, at celadon building roof.
    - Pikachu stats and move set updated
    - Chansey some change in stats + new moves ( including the newly added move LAST HEAL )+ EVIOLITE now works on her.

The story so far

After defeating team rocket at the pokemon tower, our heroes now journey toward Fuchsia to face the 5th GYM leader KOGA , and explore the Safari Zone, while making as many allies as possible, on the way!

The story stops just before the raid on the Silph Co. and the clash with team rocket take place, most of the map is now opened except for Saffron city and some unfinished areas.

New discord server.
    link

Pokemon changes + eeveelution spreadsheet
    you can find it in the game folder

Credits for those Who made this Possible

( If I miss someone, Please email me )

Download version 1.2.2 ( main game ) Mega link
    Patch 1.2.2 for 1.2+

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Sometimes the game might give you an error at the start, that can be solved by manually deleting your essentials save files ( make sure you make a copy first so you don't lose other games saves).

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    New update, adding name to the game file 😅 that I forgot about, and making the Normal version without Voltseon's Pause Menu even it is soo cool, It might be buggy with the last Essentials.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    I'm not sure if you're the type who wants criticism or bug mentions but if you are.

1. I would suggest improving the partner AI if you're able to. they're a moron
    2. I found a glitch in the game I'm able to infinitely talk to some trainers to farm their victory item. I just made bank by getting the same leaf stone from somone 50 times

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    It also might help to know the difference between difficulty and massacism.

I love this game and it's concept but facing fully evolved pokemon at the start of the game feels like the game just hates me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    This will be my last comment for a while. The Game basicaly stops after you win the S.S. Anne Tournament. I don't know if this is a bug or if you havne't written past their but I thought you should be notified.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    can you put in relationship system between red and other people you can play as other characters but it would be cool if you can date people to

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I'm not sure if you're the type who wants criticism or bug mentions but if you are.

2. I found a glitch in the game I'm able to infinitely talk to some trainers to farm their victory item. I just made bank by getting the same leaf stone from somone 50 times

Sorry for the late reply , the ai battle system is too complex for me to improve, and even so I doubt it would make a huge difference, My plan is (If I ever to finish this game) is to add a co-op mode where another player can fully control the partner and i think it would be more fun than an improved AI , but it is easier said than done.

and if you really hate the ai, i mean really, spoilers, this game can be finished without a partner, it would need a very questionable decisions in game tho.

as for the leaf spamming guy, I will deal with him.
    thanks for the feed back

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024

It also might help to know the difference between difficulty and massacism.

I love this game and it's concept but facing fully evolved pokemon at the start of the game feels like the game just hates me.

When I made this game I wanted to make it challanging especially for like gym leaders and rocket elites and ofcours the rival, because beating a gym should be a challange.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    This will be my last comment for a while. The Game basicaly stops after you win the S.S. Anne Tournament. I don't know if this is a bug or if you havne't written past their but I thought you should be notified.

thats a bugg, most people seems to get it , will work on it.
    really apreciate your feedback

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    can you put in relationship system between red and other people you can play as other characters but it would be cool if you can date people to

there is one .. kinda, with few cutscenes, but it still unfinished.

the current one is : each time you battle npc you get friendship points with your partner, battling gym leaders will give you more, and once you get enough points , try going to the north of cerulean city,

certain characters may needs certain conditions to trigger the cutscene.

I will try to add a way to check the friendship points in the following chapter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    Extremely interesting concept ! And so far well executed overall. I'll give some random feedback thought and questions if oyu don't mind

- I figure that getting xp to the partner pokemon is a problem for levels (I wouldn't want my partner to make his pokemon forget a very powerful move to learn roar, nor would I miss an evolution), is it maybe technically possible to have them gain xp up until levelup - 1 xp point, so that I can train both pokemons and just switch for a single battle to level up the pokemon

- Similarly, how about a system to trade pokemon between partners? Even if the traded pokemons don't get the traded pokemon xp bonus, it owuld be interesting

- Is there a risk that my savefile could be unusable in future versions (I mean there's always a risk I suppose, but how big is it?) I like your game a lot but I'd rather wait for a more complete game, even if it's years of waiting, than playing all the way up to the middle of game (especially with 2 trainers worth of grind) to lose it all cause the version with the rest of the content isn't compatible with the current save.

Keep on the good work, I hope you'll get to the end of it some day

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Extremely interesting concept ! And so far well executed overall. I'll give some random feedback thought and questions if oyu don't mind

- I figure that getting xp to the partner pokemon is a problem for levels (I wouldn't want my partner to make his pokemon forget a very powerful move to learn roar, nor would I miss an evolution), is it maybe technically possible to have them gain xp up until levelup - 1 xp point, so that I can train both pokemons and just switch for a single battle to level up the pokemon

- Similarly, how about a system to trade pokemon between partners? Even if the traded pokemons don't get the traded pokemon xp bonus, it owuld be interesting

- Is there a risk that my savefile could be unusable in future versions (I mean there's always a risk I suppose, but how big is it?) I like your game a lot but I'd rather wait for a more complete game, even if it's years of waiting, than playing all the way up to the middle of game (especially with 2 trainers worth of grind) to lose it all cause the version with the rest of the content isn't compatible with the current save.

Keep on the good work, I hope you'll get to the end of it some day

glad you like it😄

yes partner pokemon getting exp can be problematic and hard to script, but you can always switch to your partner and train their pokemon.

and you can trade freely with your partner ( except for starter pokemons ) using the partner scroll near to each pokecenter, traded pokemon will got more exp and may disobey after certain lvl like the original.

as for save files the game is far from finished and there is always risk, but I will inform you when you can keep them or when you have to start a new game, you will find that grinding is not that hard with the trade bonus and other bonuses and it was designed this way to play with different scenarios and characters.

have fun.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    OH I CAN TRADE WITH THEM ALREADY YEEHAW

That's great thank you !

Oh also, do you think there is any way to make catching easier? By that I mean not the catch rates but either being able to catch when there's multiple pokemon in the battle, or do tell the partner to just stop beating up the ennemy. The inability to control the partner's pokemon can cause issues of partner ruining it all by killing the pokemon you want. I'm thinking especially for nuzlockes, as in normal mode you can just look for another one

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    yes and trade evolution works just like in the original, like alakazam only obtainable by trade.

as for catching , it is easier to let go of your partner ( scroll next to pokecenter ) catch whatever you want then rejoin with them.
    second method is to give your partner a pokemon lead with false swipe only ( i think there is tm early in the game ) or status ( move delete is in cerulean city )
    other than that yeah it will be hard, but your chances to find certain pokemon will be doubled.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    well i always hated the safari zone it feels like it shouldn't be in the game cause the safari zone maybe try something new or have it where you can send partners away to catch pokemon in certain areas i always wanted something like that like lets say you are on route 1 or whatever route you choose and without leaf earlier it is hard to beat blue and his gf and team rocket without a partner

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    well i always hated the safari zone it feels like it shouldn't be in the game cause the safari zone maybe try something new or have it where you can send partners away to catch pokemon in certain areas i always wanted something like that like lets say you are on route 1 or whatever route you choose and without leaf earlier it is hard to beat blue and his gf and team rocket without a partner

I was planning to remove the timer and to increase the number of Pokémon's ( some can only encounter in the safari zone ) but i like your idea to send your partner to catch for you in safari zone, however applying it to every route could be challenging, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks for your feedback.

Back