• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    The item expansion routine
    Spoiler:

I changed the largest pocket size from Change This Line to 100
    For the second line I put 101
    For the third line I put 1019
    That's all I put to get that huge amount I don't know what I'm supposed to do to make it work right if anyone knows please help me with this that would be awesome then I can add more items

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    The item expansion routine
    Spoiler:

I changed the largest pocket size from Change This Line to 100
    For the second line I put 101
    For the third line I put 1019
    That's all I put to get that huge amount I don't know what I'm supposed to do to make it work right if anyone knows please help me with this that would be awesome then I can add more items

That is not item expansion routine-_-
    Not necessary to apply this routine for item expansion, in case you want to have larger pocket size,
    To compile this routine change this two line
    .org 0x08002B9C >.org 0x00002B9C
    .org 0x081083F4 >.org 0x001083F4

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    so what do i do with the first three lines do I leave them as is or what?

also i just realized that this is for bag pocket item expansion not the actual item expansion i need that

Last edited:

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
    Years
  • Even though I didn't make a rom patch in my old abandoned hack I had made the Firered rom like 64 mb

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    6/13/16 UPDATE

Thanks to Pandirocks @17 all items are now in and everyone has all evolutions in the game and also all the megas are fully functioning now all i need to do is insert their cries and i will release beta 1.0

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • That's really cool, but 2 questions even though you've probably answered them 50 times before xD
    (1.) - How will the mega evolution work, pressing start before choosing a move or something different?
    (2.) - And what's the amount of ways a Pokemon can evolve? (again, hopefully 18 :D)

Yeah, since pokefreak890 is not around, I'll provide the answers for you.
    First of all, mega evolution will work if you have the MEGA BRACELET and a mega stone which should be held by a Pokemon. To mega-evolve, simply press the A Button before choosing a move, that's it. =)

Secondly, I think there are like 24 evolution methods??? Not sure, but I think all the available evolution methods are added.

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • (1.) How does that work? xD It sounds really confusing because you press A to choose the move, so it's odd to think that you press A and then choose a move 0.o

(2.) xD I didn't mean evolution method, I meant evolution branches (I usually stick to stone evolution or level evolution myself) :3 But in G3HS under the evolution tab there's a slot for each Pokemon that the previous Pokemon can evolve into. I think in the base vanilla FireRed rom a Pokemon can evolve 8 different ways/options. That makes sense seeing as how there wasn't really a need for these large multiples of evolutions when FireRed was originally released, but for Eevee heavy Pokemon fans like me, in order to evolve eevee one way into every type, you would need for this feature to have 18 different branch possibilities. Some RomHacks do have more, if I remember correctly the Emerald.. 870? Rom, had it set up so you could evolve either 12 or .. 16 ways. (unfortunately 2 too short to have all the eeveelutions ;~; ) So I was just wondering about that :D

Oh. my bad. I mean press the SELECT Button. I have said A Button because my SELECT BUTTON is set to A, sorry for the misleading info.

About the Eevee-related problem, actually you can expand any Pokemon's evolution branch easily in G3HS. Just go to the evolution's tab, then, you will see on the right side EXPAND THE NUMBER OF EVOLUTIONS PER MON. Click that and you will have the optons 5, 8, 16 and 32. Its up to you to choose. Hope this is the answer you're looking for.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Pandirocks you mean start button lol and for the evolution branches it's at 8 for now but you can change it upto 32 if you want

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • Pandirocks you mean start button lol and for the evolution branches it's at 8 for now but you can change it upto 32 if you want

What is up with me today?! XD
    Sorry for double misleading info. XD Yeah, its at eight, but Sivart3 wants Eevee to evolve in all types so I told him to expand the mons for himself.

BTW, did my items work? Did you see my "bit" of customizations too? =D

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • I was afraid to use the expand evolution feature in G3HS because in the past when I used the expand number of pokemon feature all the tool did was just start overwriting existing data rather than repointing to a new area ;-; other than that, yeah you answered my question :D

No, just do it, I promise you, it won't rewrite any data because G3HS will give you offsets where it will not rewrite any data.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    6/14/16 UPDATE

Alright guys this is the moment you guys have been waiting for i am now going to release 1020 base beta 1.0 and im leaving the option for you guys to either download the 1460 version or the 1020 version although the 1020 version is better then the 1460 version all around anyway have fun with this base and ill try to update it with some other stuff if needed

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    Hey, first of all congratulations on this great Rom base :D

Can we get the ini for the 1020 version? those on the first post dont seem to work for me :/
    I would like to see the evolution methods for all pokemon as well as their move-sets

Thanks in Advance :)

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    HERES THE 1020 INI's

G3HS
    Spoiler:

PGE
    Spoiler:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    You need to go to MRDS Decap and Attack rombase and download his base it has the INI in there and then change the values

Icemasters

The Lurker Here
    Years
  • Hi I am using your 1020 patch and trying to open with pge however pge crashes whenever i select a pokemon that has a mega evolution i tried with charizard venasaur some others and they all crash the program

Edit: i am using version 3.7 latest

Last edited:
    Back