• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Yeah I've been wondering why as well it seems to only happen with the megas even though they have their own movesets and everything if you want to do anything regarding the megas use G3T or G3HS

19thsword

The Void Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022

Yeah, since pokefreak890 is not around, I'll provide the answers for you.
    First of all, mega evolution will work if you have the MEGA BRACELET and a mega stone which should be held by a Pokemon. To mega-evolve, simply press the A Button before choosing a move, that's it. =)

Now, where are the said mega bracelet and stones?

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    You have to place them yourself but I believe that the venusaurite and the mega bracelet are in the 5th floor of celadon department where you can buy it for $0

Let me just clarify how mega evolution is set up so you need to have the mega bracelet and the mega stone given to your Pokemon then while you're battling before you use a move press start and then choose a move then mega evolution will initiate and that's all there is too it

19thsword

The Void Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    You have to place them yourself but I believe that the venusaurite and the mega bracelet are in the 5th floor of celadon department where you can buy it for $0
    Place them yourself?, what do you mean?
    Also i cant find the bracelet.
    Also Also, do you need the bracelet for primal reversion?, because i couldn't initiate that even with the blue orb
    Also Also Also, the mega evolution doesn't seem to like multiplayer, could you fix that

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Place them yourself?, what do you mean?
    Also i cant find the bracelet.
    Also Also, do you need the bracelet for primal reversion?, because i couldn't initiate that even with the blue orb
    Also Also Also, the mega evolution doesn't seem to like multiplayer, could you fix that

Primal reversion Dosent work yet and neither does mega evolution in link battles as said by touched in his mega evolution thread and also go to a script editor such as XSE or PKSV and do give item scripts and place them on the map that's what I mean by place them yourself and also I don't know the national dex glitch although the regular dex works

Also what evolution methods don't work

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    At the moment there are no rotom formes in it and you need to download MRDS Decap and Attack rombase it has the G3T INI just change the values as needed

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    If I create a personal rom hack using this patch, would it mean that I will redo all the things I've added to my hack if you update it to a new version with more features?
    Also, if I patch it with a clean 1.0 fire red rom it says it doesn't match the file. What should I do?

Years
  • Hi there,
    Anyone, having some issues with the 1020 rombase
    For me, the game shows black screen when I go out from the hero's house and I can't edit in advancemap: shows some kind of error when I try to edit a town/city.
    I'm using firered rom 1.0.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I found an ignorable bug:
    Whenever I see a level 3 pokemon, sometimes it displays "Lv3" and sometimes it displays only "3".
    I don't know if this is only for level 3 pokemons, but I tried for others, and it seems that only level 3 has that problem. (I don't know for higher levels)

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Hi there,
    Anyone, having some issues with the 1020 rombase
    For me, the game shows black screen when I go out from the hero's house and I can't edit in advancemap: shows some kind of error when I try to edit a town/city.
    I'm using firered rom 1.0.
    thats intresting because im testing it on my end and im not having this problem maybe you might have added something that caused this

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    My advanced map doesn't show the expanded pokemon. Only the original 386 pokemons. What should I do?

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • Yeah, pokefreak890 is right. I played the rombase 'til the end, I tried mega evolution 100% working, the new evolution methods 100% working, the gameplay 100% working. I don't know why everyone is having problems with it. I even had it change in maps and nothing is still wrong.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Yeah, pokefreak890 is right. I played the rombase 'til the end, I tried mega evolution 100% working, the new evolution methods 100% working, the gameplay 100% working. I don't know why everyone is having problems with it. I even had it change in maps and nothing is still wrong.

How did you patch it? My clean 1.0 fire red rom isn't compatible. I tried ignoring it and it works but whenever I capture a pokemon it freezes.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Okay which base are you using the 1020 or the 1460 that may be the answer to your problem

Back