• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon fire red title screen help

Years
  • Hello everyone, I'm in the process of making my first ROM hack, and I've done most of it but I flowed a tutorial on creating and inserting a custom ROM name into the ROM using unlzgba at 2009,67. And when I start the ROM up, right when the title screen has the flash animation, it flashes and then the whole screen goes white and all you can see is my ROM hack name and behind that you can see the moving fire balls animation. How do I fix this? Please help.

Years
  • Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    These Are the Files I used, and I didnt insert the .RAW file, I only inserted the .png in the title name folder, the rest didnt work either except for inserting the binary for the fireball animation. and the rom pictures are in the same place, but in a folder name ROM Start-up Problem Pictures..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g7p7au87hdk51yv/AACzNcoNTkDUB_xK69WLYk-8a

possibly dumb question, but did you remember to change the pallette?
    also, you want to attach the files instead of linking to your dropbox, as it contains your rom, and linking to roms is not allowed on here

Years
  • possibly dumb question, but did you remember to change the pallette?
    also, you want to attach the files instead of linking to your dropbox, as it contains your rom, and linking to roms is not allowed on here

Oh gosh, I'll change that right away, I forgot -_-, and what do you mean by change the pallette? I put it back to 16 bit and all if that's what you mean..

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Oh gosh, I'll change that right away, I forgot -_-, and what do you mean by change the pallette? I put it back to 16 bit and all if that's what you mean..

you need to repoint a new set of 16 colours ( a pallette ). you are getting weird colours because the game is using the normal pallette (for the old title screen).

Back