• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon games should have more fashionable character designs

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    In my opinion the already existing characters' outfits look good and practical.

It all stems from a matter of personal taste.

I actually agree, bar Red Gen1(Ash on the other hand, his Sinnoh one, I would wear), Kris, Ethan of Gen2, and Leaf's Hat T_T

-pokes art-

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Okay, question, Jolene. Would YOU want to climb mountains, sail the seas, walk through volcanoes, and soar the skies in those clothes?

Pityflame

Unemployed Ninja
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    The characters are also 10, I don't see too many super fashionable 10 year olds.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I thought that the D/P/Pt designs were kinda fashionable. It's not a fashion show, it's a pokemon game so keeping the character designs simple would be best. But, that's just my thought.
    My exacts thoughts. They should just have the character's design simple, and maybe it would be nice to have a feature in the game where you have 2-3 outfits to choose from.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with all this talk about practicality. There are lots of fictional characters who can save the world and look good doing it.

What is this? I don't even...

You're bent out of shape about the player designs, acting like every trainer sprite is a backwards hat wearing kid. If you've actually played Pokemon (Which I lol at your argument, since apparently you think it's genre is a dating sim due to the clothing you posted) ... You'll see that all of the trainer sprites were designed with a modern look.

Spoiler:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    The new Protagonists definitely look stylish and practical, I like the girl :3 They look better than my concept outfit, which should

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Baseball caps are a trademark of Pokemon.

You can't want to seriously change an almost 14 year old winning formula?
    Seriously.

Plus those designs you made look like something anyone can put together in one of those dress-up games for children.

Pokemon designs aren't meant to represent real life designs.
    I'd much rather have my huge wooly hats, like Lyra and Dawn, and my baseball caps like Ethan and Red. And the beret(sp?) Lucas has. Not to mention Blue(the girl)'s tweed-like hat.
    And the headband and bandanas May and Brendan wear are quite stylish.

Pokemon isn't a fashion game, it's a game mainly aimed for ages 6/7/8 +
    You can't honestly expect a child to want meaningless fashionable designs in their game as opposed to the awesomely bright colours they usually love to see on these cartoon/video game characters.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    A character customizasion thingy would be cool, so I could choose between several outfits.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    A character customizasion thingy would be cool, so I could choose between several outfits.

Such a system could set development back months.

It's better to just go with the clothes they have.

It's not like you really have to see details in tiny sprites that measure 32 x 32 pixels. It's almost illogical to want such a system.

If it was a proper fully 3D RPG like a proper 3D game, then such a sytem would be a must have.
    Which is what the should have had in Colleseum and XD.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I think the Trainer designs from Pokemon are very stylish and fashionable. If I saw outfits for any of them, especially Dawn, Crys, Leaf, and White(?), I would buy them in an instant. I do think its funny that the new girl (White?) is wearing cut-off denim shorts in Black/White..although I suppose they're suppose to be older from what I've heard. Her clothes look much more possible to find in the real world as opposed to previous leads.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I think the Trainer designs from Pokemon are very stylish and fashionable. If I saw outfits for any of them, especially Dawn, Crys, Leaf, and White(?), I would buy them in an instant. I do think its funny that the new girl (White?) is wearing cut-off denim shorts in Black/White..although I suppose they're suppose to be older from what I've heard. Her clothes look much more possible to find in the real world as opposed to previous leads.

I do rather like the boy's outfit. It looks quite modern, but I do have to question the girl's outfit. Of all the female leads, she happens to be the biggest offender of the "girls in RPGs only wear revealing clothes" stereotype. not that I'm one to complain about something as minute as that, but I think it's funny how it is a lot more permissible for the female lead to be dressed more revealingly just because she's older now. XD

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Its probably because they want the girls to look more different from the boys, who usually wear pants. What we need is more male characters in shorts, like Gold. A girl in pants would be nice, but thats the only think she could wear that would cover the knees other then long shorts (which I hate on girls), since a long skirt would be ridiculous to wear on an adventure.

As for B/W's girl trainer, her shorts aren't any shorter then Lyra's were and they're frayed, which actually covers her more. I also noticed that those seem to be marks on the shorts, not cuts like I originally thought.

I realized I forgot to voice my opinion in regards to fashion in Pokemon. I abhor fashion and people who try to say what is fashionable. Who the heck cares? If I were a celebrity, I would honestly show up to movie premeire's in cosplay or casual clothes. Why? Because thats what I like to wear. People should care more about what they personally like to wear and less about what someone says is fashionable, since that is in essence what they themselves would like to wear or something someone made to be unique. I for one say this. ROCK THE BASEBALL CAP!

Last edited:
    Back