• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gen 7 wishlist

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    For all of the Generations you have started out in a tiny little town, I would love to see a character from the city or something for once.

iirc the protagonist in B2W2's home is a city. :/

---

Anyway, adding to my wish lists, I'd like to see another Dragon/Steel type 'mon, just to mess with the Fairy types. :P

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I'd really like there to be a plot that ISN'T a generic "evil team revives legendary Pokemon and things go wrong" storyline. We've had variations of that plot for 4 straight generations now, with some being better than others, and it always starts and ends in the same way. I'd really like something a little more complicated and interesting, sorta like Gen V's plotlines were.

While we're at it, it would be really neat to have a landlocked region. That's something we've never really had before; all of the regions seen thus far have been next to the sea and in at least three cases have been completely surrounded by water. It would be cool if we had a really mountainous region, with a lot of unexplored places where new Pokemon could be hiding around every corner. It would also be really cool to have the Battle Frontier back, and to possibly have a huge cave system of sorts a la the Underground in Gev IV.

In general though, there's two main things I'd really love to have in Gen VII. The first is a tiny bit more science fiction included. This may just be Final Fantasy VI and VII on the brain, but while Gen V dabbled in it a bit, there's never really been a Pokemon game where it was front and center. It would be really cool if we had a Pokemon game that actually centered on this. Of course you can't just have machinery without the lush and diverse environments Pokemon is known for. But the two games I mentioned balance nature and advanced science quite well. There's no reason Pokemon shouldn't be able to do that.

Of course above all, I'd like more polish. If there's anything I can say about Gen VI, it's unpolished. There's lag, bland and stiff Pokemon models, and with Kalos in particular there's a lot of linear routes and towns with absolutely no depth. That's just not how a region should be. Pokemon at least partially is about exploration, and nothing is worse than a Pokemon game that has nothing to explore. Of course a lot of polish is needed everywhere else, like for characters, the story, the models, the difficulty, the Elite Four... Instead they spent all their time on Mega Evolution. They didn't put all that much polish into that either, as they severely underestimated now many Megas there would be and just how overpowered some of them became. If it's one thing Gen VII needs to have above all else, it's polish. I can deal with the same plot over if the game is well polished.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • [...] and definitely HMs not taking up a move slot.

Omg how did I forgot about HM's ? For real ... HM's are so annoying! I would love that instead of HM's there would be some sort of "equipment" or "tools" that replaced them! At least the most annoying ones (Cut, Defog, Rock Smash [I think that's no longer a HM right?]) For example to cut trees, the HM "Cut" should be replaced with a machete! Something like that!

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Would be cool if they brought back the phone feature of G/S/C, but improved it drastically and made it potentially useful.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I want to see HMs be replaced by Key Items, like a hammer for rock smash, a raft for surf, scissors for cut, etc... HMs are worthless moves that you're forced to use on your Pokemon to continue through the game.

Would be cool if they brought back the phone feature of G/S/C, but improved it drastically and made it potentially useful.
    Was that in Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I've never played either of the official remakes. If they were in the remakes I'm sure they'd of improved it drastically from the gen 2 days.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I want to see HMs be replaced by Key Items, like a hammer for rock smash, a raft for surf, scissors for cut, etc... HMs are worthless moves that you're forced to use on your Pokemon to continue through the game.

Was that in Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I've never played either of the official remakes. If they were in the remakes I'm sure they'd of improved it drastically from the gen 2 days.

I'm honestly not sure. I didn't really play HG and SS either.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • A female main antagonist- Are women not evil enough to lead an evil team? Look at Sailor Moon and Kill La Kill the have great main antagonists.
    Hidden Grottoes and swirling dust clouds in caves

Years
  • My biggest desire is for gen 7 to have a story on par or better than B/W, complete with memorable characters.
    I also hope that character customization gets fleshed out (if it even returns).

Aside from that, minor wants include a bit more ferocious looking pokemon (gen 6 has a few designs I like, but mostly everything seems so tuned down from previous generations, and I hope they don't continue down that path. I feel like a lot of the two-stage lines were wasted potential).

I don't really ask for much from gen 7, I just hope it end's up being a positive change to the franchise.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I would really like to see some neglected types get more representation. Ice-types, Fire-types, Dark-types, and more Fairy-types would be amazing. All of those types are pretty good in competitive play, but the amount of viable Pokémon (sans Fairy-types) is pretty small.

As for Pokémon designs, can we get dolphins please? I don't think those have been done yet! Also, more cats. We always need more cats.

I also really like what magicalgirlj said about a female main antagonist, we got our first female champion two generations ago, how about a female main antagonist now?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    I have to echo Actor's suggestion of a different format. Pretty much all the games except for BW1 (haven't played RSE or ORAS, maybe they don't?) follow the exact same pattern of beating gyms -> beat evil team to save the world -> beat Elite 4. BW1 only really changed it by making the climax of the Team Plasma plot be the climax of the Elite 4, but that was honestly a welcome change for me. I'm playing through Pokemon Y, and after stopping Team Flare, I lost a lot of motivation to keep following the plot. I'd really like to see a game where you play as a ranger recruit investigating a natural disaster, just something that gets away from the 'villain team of the week' thing.

Also, I hope they keep focusing on characters. The whole plot with N? Keep doing stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Dragon type now hits Fire, Water, Ground, Flying and Electric for super effective damage.
    Dragon type now resists Bug, Ground and
    Fairy type no longer resists Bug and Dark type.
    Fairy type is also weak against Fire type.
    Ghost type is also weak against Steel type.
    Steel type now resists Fighting, Electric and Ghost.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • Other than all of your ideas combined I'd like to see some side story events activated by certain pokemon like the anime. I mean I've offered this idea to a rom hack but I'd like to see this too in a canon pokemon game. I mean I'd love to see your pokemon make a difference in the actual Pokemon ecosystem or something. And the option to let go Pokemon in the process like the games, only if you choose to. And from time to time you may see your Pokemon again in the final battle or something along with the wild Pokemon you helped them with. I don't know, it's just an idea. Anyway I'm new, so I haven't been able to customize my profile and everything just yet. :)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Dragon type now hits Fire, Water, Ground, Flying and Electric for super effective damage.
    You're kidding, right? If they messed with the type chart like that my head would explode.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I really like what they did in Gen IV where they added evolutions to a bunch of one-off Pokemon. It breathed new life into some of the older more forgotten Pokemon like Yanma or Sneasal.

Mega Evolutions are sort of doing this, but I want a permanent evolution instead of a temporary power up.

They totally should have made Alomomola a Luvdisc evolution. Seriously, Luvdisc had like nothing to work with. Some of the much weaker Pokemon with no evolutions should probably have an evolution now, like Delibird or Spinda.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Dragon type now hits Fire, Water, Ground, Flying and Electric for super effective damage.

Uh, no. The type chart is at least supposed to make some sense as to why certain types are weak to certain other types. Also those changes would basically make the inclusion of the Fairy type pointless as dragons would be even more overpowered than they were before.

Back