• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon...Government?

Candace

Beauty Trainer
Years
  • Hm, well... it seems a lot FRIENDLIER than our world. Theyhave some executives, but no Kings nor Precidents. I think the basic economy in the Pokémon world runs through the funders. People chippin' in to help Pokemon... because everyone seems to LOVE Polémon, regardless

At some point, though, I hope we see the "Earth" of the Pokémon world, and perhaps its leaders

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I'm not sure it has a government. :o

I don't think that was likely to be something which was really thought about, being a kid's show and all. I guess the only people of any authority that I can think of would be the Jenny clones or the elite 4. Really, the elite 4 sounds like our best bet.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really do not think the world of pokemon has a government, I think they basically have a leader of each town or city, such as a gym leader, elite member, or an elderly...that's what I always thought anyway...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Mirage Kingdom

Well, we know they got monarchs. How common they are...well, does it really matter? Think about it this way: what's our vantage point? Compare Ash and pkmn trainers in general to athletes. If you followed Chris Cooley around all day, you're not at all likely to end up talking to one of the Senators from Wyoming. What'll he be doing? Going to training camp...pkmn trainers must surely live in their own sphere of the world a bit isolated from everyone else. When was the last time we saw a human doctor? Season one? Yeah, all we see are pkmn doctors because that's all that matters...the mayor or king or whomever has no business with someone who should be raising their Cacnea to be the next superstar.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think it is just a free world for pokemon and pokemon lovers...u know what I mean?

Years
  • Dang...

I made a thread like this waaayyy back in August but no one replied. D= Oh well here's what I put. ^_^

-----------------------

Has anybody looked into the form of government the Pokemon World contains?

I've noticed these:

Anime: The Pokemon League at the top of the hierarchy with the Juunsa' (Pokemon Officers/ Officer Jenny) and the Pokemon Center for health-care. Various monarchies...but pretty vague on others

Manga (Pokemon Special): Now this rendition contains the most coherent form of government for Pokemon. The Pokemon Association (Council) wields most of the authority in this rendition (All three branches of Government essentially) with a separate one for each reagion. With the Gym Leaders acting as proxy/guards (Ambassadors and Protectors of the various cities). With education under the Pokemon University in Celadon City. And WHAT??? They have Universal Health-care under the Pokemon Centers (Talk about socialized medicine LOL >_<)

Wow even though it's subtle the Pokemon World is a lot more progressive compared to ours. There form of religion is "Harmony with Nature" (Hearthrome City's "Communal Center?")

Oh well add you're thoughts on the PokeGovernment no matter how subtle.
    Also if you see other governmental agencies please add.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • As a few other people have said, I think it is run the same way ours is, just that it has Pokemon in it.
    There are criminals, peace makers, nurses, police officers, people of power and ordinary citizens. This is the same in both our world and the Pokemon's.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well there are the basic laws like Crime = Bad.
    I think the only laws that exist are the ones that are assumed do exist without having to reinforce them by stating them or adding them to the show.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The Government?

Jennies and Joys are Conquistadores of all the Pokemon world, dictating from Mars.

The president has no power

Evil teams descend from Monarchs

And Democracy is from the Pokemon.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Well there are the basic laws like Crime = Bad.
    I think the only laws that exist are the ones that are assumed do exist without having to reinforce them by stating them or adding them to the show.

Actually, I fergot to mention that Anarchies do, in fact, have 'rules'; they are oppressed versions of laws.
    I know this beacuse I had to do a report/project on it once...

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Lol happy because there is no Government, or because there is no Government they are happy? :P
    Oh well, I think there must be one or everything would fall apart, but being a kids tv show, why put any note of it in?

Pikazard

Team Rocket and Team magma fan
    Years
  • there's probably not a government but there is the police (like officer jenny)

but what I think is that the pokemon world is a free world

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • A world without a Government is not necessarily free, it maybe free of crime or free of serious issues, but not free.
    There is no sure fire way of knowing whether there is or is not a Government in the Pokemon world, all we can do is speculate.

Back