• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon has changed my life!

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seriously guys ever since I got Pokemon X and Y I've been much happier and petting my pokemon makes me so happy! Just the bond we now have with the pokemon makes me fall in love with them even more!

Has Pokemon changed your life in anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    It made become an anti-social guy but on the other hand I am a pokemon master

It has boost my competitiveness and drive to win more than what it was. Almost made me not settle for anything less than 1st and only shoot for 1st. If I don't get 1st I didn't do it right/good enough.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Pokemon kinda serves as an escape from the suckiness of school, maintaining good grades and homework, and now that I have AP Euro, even more so.

Competitive battling is fun, I think it helped me with developing strategies and prediction.

I literally squeed when Amie was announced. I could actually interact with my favorite Pokemon <3

Who doesn't want to pet the god of death lol.

Years
  • This feels like it should be in Pokemon General, minus the XY...

Two weeks ago is when I started playing with the TCG I have been buying over the recent months. Though, generally speaking, the age range of those in league attendance does not surprise me too much, what has surprised me was how quick THEY were to socialize with ME. I mean, like, hole eee craaap, not even in high school...

Even a few of the moms of some of the not-specifically-younger play/know P.O.P. TCG.

As for the games and me, it got me out of my bedroom and into the nonspecific green spaces and link cabling with other Game Boy Colors. Card... PAWP!
    My vocabulary improved noticeably. My respect and interest in Nintendo grew, while my interest in SEGA waned. I even neglected my homework, started getting lower report carding. But I didn't care. I was leveling my Pidgeot. Or getting lost beyond belief in the blackness of Johto's Mount Mortar (Jerk!).

Pokemon is love. Pokemon is life.
    Now do YOUR homework!!!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Pokemon by far changed my life. I started playing Pokemon when I was 5. Up until the age of 16/17 it was only a game to me. It was something I did in my free time and that's it. Once I graduated high school and I got my inheritance though it became a lot more. I had plenty of money and endless free time. I started going more in depth with the Pokemon Franchise. I started preordering games as soon as they were able. I started collecting and searching the web for TCG to try to collect as many cards as possible. I started watching every anime episode. I spend hours daily on a pokemon forums and in whichever pokemon game is currently out and my main.

I currently devote about 3/4th's of my time to Pokemon. I have a room in my house that is strictly filled of Pokemon merchandise. Plushies, TCG, Games, Posters and much more. Overall in the last 3 years I have spent near $30,000.00 on Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think I'll go and move this down to Pokemon General, since you can easily expand this topic to more than X and Y (and a couple of people have already, so......). I also tweaked the thread title too.

Moves.

But has Pokemon changed my life? IDK, maybe. I do spend an awful lot of time on Pokemon. And without it, I certainly wouldn't have found this nice little forum here and met all these people and become a moderator, so there's that.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • I would say it has. For the better. It improved my imagination and got me out of my writer's block. There's also the friends I've met and made because of it. Also, just the series itself is so darned cool

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yep, it led me to PC. And the friends I've made here have helped me through a lot and the RPing I've done here has made me decently capable when it comes to the English language. Or so I'd like to believe xD

firefight

I like people
    Years
  • it was a large part of my childhood and it made me feel needed. when i was younger i would get sad and then i'd remember that i'm the pokemon master! now i play it because its fun. (though, really, when i'm upset amie really helps out!). i also get really close to my team. its kinda weird actually, but i do form bonds with video game characters. even if i eventually stop playing it it will always hold a part of my heart.

Years
  • Pokemon has pretty much defined what my life is right now, because otherwise I would have never joined PC and that meant I would have not met fellow Pokemon fans such as you guys. It's a franchise with characters that can appeal to pretty much anyone, mixing big tough guys with cute little ones.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • Yes. Pokémon stole my life away from me. I have no idea, how many hours I've spent playing every single Pokémon main game, spin-off game and watching the series. Man, I love that stuff.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Has Pokémon made any change in my life? Yes, but not drastically.

One way would be is that it got me into web and graphic designing. Well, maybe not exactly, but it still did lend a hand. When I was thirteen or so, I used to help one of my friends run his Pokémon fan-site, and one thing that didn't really intrigue me was its layout, which looked sort of bland and unappealing. Eventually, I decided to do something about it, looked into some website design tutorials, and it all started from there.

Since then, I've definitely come a long way. I didn't know much about designing around that time, but now, I would say I'm above-average in some ways. There are still thousands of things for me to learn, however; learning never ends.

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    I've never stopped loving pokemon since I saw it on TV in the late 90's. I picked up the games, and it took off and grew from there. It was a great time for me. It helped me spark role playing via many forms of media, writing fan fiction, and meeting nice like minded people. I don't have any complaints at all over being a fan for over 10+ years ♡

Back