• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Version 5 sneak peak!

I Love You Hack of the Year and the next 3...

Why doesnt your ROM make Black Lines on the Tiles and Pokeballs like mine does?

Clean ROM Anyone?

-TheZeide

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Why doesnt your ROM make Black Lines on the Tiles and Pokeballs like mine does?

Clean ROM Anyone?

-TheZeide
    It might just be the way your emulator renders the graphics. There's probably an option so you can get rid of the black lines.

Thank you very much Magius. It's nice to finally get this thing working (I must have had a pirated version of your translated version, because the majority of the time my game would not save, and crash very often).

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    It might just be the way your emulator renders the graphics. There's probably an option so you can get rid of the black lines.

Thank you very much Magius. It's nice to finally get this thing working (I must have had a pirated version of your translated version, because the majority of the time my game would not save, and crash very often).

Its NO$GBA I dont see the option...

-TheZeide

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    Ive... Two problems. First minor one, the mother isnt translated at all. Second MAJOR problem... When you first start and walk out of the house, your character is MissingNo, an invisible person walks into you, becoming another MissingNo after they fall back and finally, another invisible person walks up, the first invisible person runs, they... Fight I guess? Or, jump around excited about something... Then the game crashes. Im using NO$DS 2.6. I have tried to play the game first, with default settings, which got nowhere. On second attempted, I set the FLASH to 512MP, which gave same result. Third attempted, I used default settings again and after you speak to the mother, I turned the Black Screen Code OFF, hopeing the cheat was causing this... Which didnt do anything. Fourth attempted, I turned the code off with the FLASH 512MP settings. Any help please?

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I'm having trouble with my saves. I have the saving option set to 512kb (or whatever). I've played for about two and half hours, and have saved plenty of times throughout. But recently, the rom image crashed and I had to exit no$gba. I started it back up, but the game shows that my recent save was at a play time of twenty minutes. I was able to load from a save that was passed twenty minutes before this, so I really have no idea whats going on. I was thinking it was because I was playing with unlimitedhz 10% selected, but I saved while that was on, exited out, and opened it again, and was able to play from the save I just made while 10% was on.

Its NO$GBA I dont see the option...

-TheZeide
    Open up no$gba, go to emulation setup, and in the 3D Render box, make sure you have nocash selected. If this isn't it, I don't know what else to since I'm not very familiar with all this business.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    I'm having trouble with my saves. I have the saving option set to 512kb (or whatever). I've played for about two and half hours, and have saved plenty of times throughout. But recently, the rom image crashed and I had to exit no$gba. I started it back up, but the game shows that my recent save was at a play time of twenty minutes. I was able to load from a save that was passed twenty minutes before this, so I really have no idea whats going on. I was thinking it was because I was playing with unlimitedhz 10% selected, but I saved while that was on, exited out, and opened it again, and was able to play from the save I just made while 10% was on.
    I normally copy my save and paste it else where. That way you have a backup. I had this problem once with a Ruby Destiny Game and that solved my problems.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    QUOTE]

Yeah, I know what happened. If you don't exit from No$ regularly after you save, and the game crashes, the Emulator will open the save from before you started your session.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2009
    hi there first post but no the last lol

thanks for the translation working great but im having PROBLEM ive got my pokemon, pokedex and ive just gotta learn how to catch pokemon - even tho i know how

anyways b4 i can learn how to catch pokemon the freezes (if u notice there are flowers on the floor they still move but i cant move the player ) ive tried google but all i get is toorent stuff that dont help and forum post on differnet forums that dont work either

can any1 help me out

im using heart gold , No$gba

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • I liked the version 5 preview video, although when you get the potion, it says the potion goes to the medicine pocket, except medicine is still in Japanese. Just a heads up.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    hi there first post but no the last lol

thanks for the translation working great but im having PROBLEM ive got my pokemon, pokedex and ive just gotta learn how to catch pokemon - even tho i know how

anyways b4 i can learn how to catch pokemon the freezes (if u notice there are flowers on the floor they still move but i cant move the player ) ive tried google but all i get is toorent stuff that dont help and forum post on differnet forums that dont work either

can any1 help me out

im using heart gold , No$gba
    You have to apply to secuirty patch to it first, not just the translation.

posem

The StraightEdge Supremist
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    not to sound pushy but will there be a version 5 release before, say, 4pm BST tomorrrow?

i would love to take a copy away with me for the weekend :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    So the version 4 patch no longer includes the security thing?

Also, do you intend to properly translate the text in the game or are you just copy/pasting off GSC

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    About the Yes and No icons...

Quote by Magius
    "****Everything seems to be in English, except for the YES and NO buttons, I think they are graphics and not text."

If you want, I could make two icons for those buttons and post them, but I'm not sure if you want me to or not. If you are okay with it, then what image format are the two buttons supposed to be and the size of them (I assume bitmap and around 100x80?) If it is possible to open up the game and open the two icon files, it might save some time and i could find out the format and size.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Quote by Magius
    "****Everything seems to be in English, except for the YES and NO buttons, I think they are graphics and not text."

If you want, I could make two icons for those buttons and post them, but I'm not sure if you want me to or not. If you are okay with it, then what image format are the two buttons supposed to be and the size of them (I assume bitmap and around 100x80?) If it is possible to open up the game and open the two icon files, it might save some time and i could find out the format and size.

Huh? The Yes and No buttons are in English for me already...

-TheZeide

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2009
    You have to apply to secuirty patch to it first, not just the translation.
    hi mate i didnt do that i only patched the rom and that was it

secuirty patch? where can i get this then and how to apply to rom

thanks

EDIT -
    post-new.png

Alright, here's what you do, I'll tell you exactly what to do to get this with the secuirty patch, so pay attention.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

1 Googe this : naspev.com pokemon heart gold japan

2 Go to the first result

3 Scroll down until you find a poster named Ajuko saying "Pokemon Heart Gold already patched with freeze and English translation patches. I've uploaded this myself which i tested on R4DS and DSTT and the results were: "cool, I got a badge!!!!""

4 Use the link that Ajuko provided. Download it. It has the security patch.

5 Download the translation patcher and put this rom in the "rom" folder.

6 Patch it like you normally would, and there you go! You've got the security patch and the translation patch!

ive tried this and it dont work when i start to apply the translation patch to this rom it stays at 0kb and stays there even if i press f5(refresh)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back