• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Pokemon Idle Animations

Years
    • It/He/She
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Howdy, I'm Eco and wanted to make a pokemon fangame and found something that i would love to see, Pokemon Animations.

So, i'll start by saying that i have little Knowledge of the Scripts that runs the Essentials and wanted Idle Animations on it, i don't know which way is better to do it, but i started to make some animations files but i have no idea on which scripts i should refer to and how to use those files.
    I started thinking that a Ripped Model could do the trick by looking at BW's animation of Leavanny but then thought that it would need lots of files for the non-humanlike pokemon, like Eternaus have lots of "Moving parts" which would need lots of different interactions with the ripped files, so i abandoned the idea.

After that i thought of using a more common way which, from my limited knowledge, would be useful for someone who have little familiarity with the tools provided by the Essentials: Animation Tiling.
    I'm not sure if it is callet Animation Tiling, but essentially is a single file with multiple frames, for example: lets take a look to this 32x256 image, lets say that a Leavanny have 8 frames, Each frames will start from Green and ends with Black (see the image if you didn't already).

In the first frame (Green) the game loads the first frame
    In the second frame (Yellow) the game loads, from the same file, the second frame
    And so on, so forth, until he reaches the 8th (Black) Frame, there it would stop the animation and start from the first all over again.

So Basically this is the basic Idea, now on the other side, i have very little idea on how to program this, i looked for someone who already started this idea, which surprised me that i didnt find someone having a discussion only on this.
    Ok, i'm a little offrails now, it is my first time trying to reach out a forum so i'm sorry for that.
    In the End: I want to ask someone who have an in-depth knowledge on this or started working on it, i also want to learn from this community, i know it is something weird to say, but i think that this community already managed to do something beautiful and that's all.

Thank you for anyone who reads this.

Attachments

• Pokemon Idle Animations
      Example_anim_tiling.png
      206 bytes · Views: 5
    Back