• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Island Mystery

What type should the 1st Gym be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    How can I show proof when I have only just started mapping, and had a holiday (Christmas). I've not had time to work much on this as it was Christmas, but I will be mapping again today hopefully.

Dragpyre: Steel? Who votes steel?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'd laugh if Steel won :D

Anyways, it looks like Dark is winning. Steel, Fire, and Normal are all down by a few votes.

Put your votes in, everybody! :P

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I agree, VOTE! The 1st Gym will be that type, and there will be no arguements.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I think for a 1st gym, bug, rock, or normal, are reasonable. Anyways, this sounds interesting. Good luck on this.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Ooh! I have a new little message! New starters. Seeing as D/P starters are too unoriginal, I've got an original triangle. It is unique in the way that instead of having a pokemon that evolves twice, it only evolves once. This is because my triangle only has 1 pokemon that fits in with 1 part. Here are the starters:

Chinchou, Sunkern, Taillow/Spearow/Hoothoot
    Water/Electric < Grass < Flying < Water/Electric... etc

I will edit the stats and moves and evos to fit a starter pokemon.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Ooh! I have a new little message! New starters. Seeing as D/P starters are too unoriginal, I've got an original triangle. It is unique in the way that instead of having a pokemon that evolves twice, it only evolves once. This is because my triangle only has 1 pokemon that fits in with 1 part. Here are the starters:

Chinchou, Sunkern, Taillow/Spearow/Hoothoot
    Water/Electric < Grass < Flying < Water/Electric... etc

I will edit the stats and moves and evos to fit a starter pokemon.

Good Idea TWT that adds some origionality to the hack
    Hope to see updates soon!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I've been meaning to use that triangle for ages. I think it may be the first (and probably last) hack that uses it.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Probably seeing as all hacks go with the starter that evoles twice
    But origional is better

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Well, I'm currently inserting the D/P pokemons data. After that the pics, then I'll work more on mapping. I just wanted to get the pokemon inserting over, as that is semi-crucial, especially Rotom, and the dragon trio.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Very nice ;) i like the choice of starter pokemon because....I think it's original O.o

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Thanks. This starter triangle was the only one I can think of that hasn't been overused.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    looks good, can't wait for screen's to get up. I love the new tree tile. I think tha you don't have to insert all knew tiles... but you should insert some so that it looks good.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
    Thanks, and I put a notice saying no asking for team members. I will be asking for them when the beta is nearly done, so keep looking.

UPDATE: The first route is here! Please comment!

Pokemon Island Mystery

I think you need less grass and a spot you can use Cut to get an item.

Check out my Splice showcase, you can use any thing you like.

Last edited:

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
    Hey TT, Just taking a look on your hack. It's pretty good, but You could narrow the poll with the gym types down. Steel is possible if you get the oppertunity of catching a fire pokémon before that, but come on! DARK?! I would scrap that one out f the list!

*EDIT* Ghot and Physich, sme thing. You need to get an oppertunity to get there weeknesses before the gym, and being able to catch a psychich, ghost pokémon before one of those, and I don't like the idea of getting 1 of the strongest types at the beginning of the game. :\

*EDIT 2* LOVE THE STORY AND THE STARTERS! ;)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I think you need less grass and a spot you can use Cut to get an item.

Check out my Splice showcase, you can use any thing you like.

I intend to add a cut tree, and the grass is too much, I know that, but it is the 1st route I've mapped. I already have the sprite I need, thanks.

Hey TT, Just taking a look on your hack. It's pretty good, but You could narrow the poll with the gym types down. Steel is possible if you get the oppertunity of catching a fire pokémon before that, but come on! DARK?! I would scrap that one out f the list!

*EDIT* Ghot and Physich, sme thing. You need to get an oppertunity to get there weeknesses before the gym, and being able to catch a psychich, ghost pokémon before one of those, and I don't like the idea of getting 1 of the strongest types at the beginning of the game. :\

*EDIT 2* LOVE THE STORY AND THE STARTERS! ;)

Dark is the winner most probably. I will actually say that depending on the Gym types, the Wild Pokemon will be different. There will be a rare chance of probably getting a Fighting (or Torchic) in Route 1.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
    The story reminds of the story of Scrouge, especially since Giratina is the "Ghost of Christmas Future."

Back