• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
  • Pokemon Legends Version

Introduction: - Know more about me.

Well, i'm not much for introductions, but I can tell you this. I've had plenty of hacks before, and most have ended badly. But I haven't given up. I'd like to keep this one going, so there might be alot of storyline and graphical changes. To suit my standards ;D. I've chosen to go with a DP look, which if people look alot around the boards, there aren't many with this many tiles from DP. But it doesn't really matter, i'm trying to make the story and events the part that will attract you.

If anyone wishes to help me, has any suggestions, please post it here or Pm me. I would appreciate it.​

Storyline - Need some information on the story?

You are a 12 year old boy, who has had Pokemon before, and collected gym badges. But it's getting a bit boring doing this. You've decided to look for your father, who has been missing for a year. No one knows where he is, or what he's doing at the moment. All you can remember is you and him, fighting Team Galaxy with the help of two legendary Pokemon. You remember that Team Galaxy were fighting them, and then a huge flash. You ended up back at home, but your father was still missing. You cant remember anything from that point. So you decide to look for the missing parts of the story, you know Team Galaxies base, and what all there plans are. This is your opportunity to make your father proud.​

Main Information - Things you need to know.

Hack Name: Pokemon Legends
    Owner: CheesePeow
    Co-Owner: None
    Hack of:
    Pokemon Legends

Sourcode: [BPRE]​

Features - What makes this hack different?

- New Graphics
    - New Storyline
    - New Region
    - New Events
    - Airport
    - Weather System (Soon)
    - Much more!​

Media - Videos and Screenshots

Pokemon Legends
    Pokemon Legends

Pokemon Legends
    Pokemon Legends

Pokemon Legends
    Pokemon Legends

Pokemon Legends
    Pokemon Legends

Credits - Who I need to thank

Zel: Water Palette
    Peyi: DP Tree, DP Flower
    WAH: Skinny DP Tree
    Kyledove: Mountain, Signs, Paths
    Don Patch: Small Grass Decoration
    thethethethe - Scripting Help​

Downloads - Want to play?

Beta coming soon...​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks good Cheesepeow. Good to see the changed textbox. I haven't seen anyone do that in a while.
    I've only got two little problems:
    1. Isn't Emerald BPEE? Fire Red is BPRE, isn't it?
    2. That wild pokemon grass palette, isn't all that great. That could maybe get a bit of a change.
    Other than that, I guess I'll just say good luck, and hopefully this hack gets further than any of your previous ones.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow, nice stuff with the hack.
    I love the gentle palletes and the tiles, really good! I hope you also change the OW, but its not too necessary. I love the textbox ^^; The story sounds great, really extraordinary and different from other hacks I've seen. Anyways good luck with the hack!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    The tiles look really great, only the pokémon grass is maybe a little too coloured?
    But still, looks great, good luck with it.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have 2 questions... Hope ya don't mind answering...
    1. Since the story focuses only on the male hero, will the female be playable or not? :\
    2. I wonder who were those 2 pokemon you're talking about? (Dialga and Palkia?) :laugh:

Anyways, I like the hack so far.
    Keep it up~ ;)

Years
  • Looking pretty good, CheesePeow. The story is what caught my attention. It was quite original compared to many other stories. The tileset you chose looks good, though there are some tiles that just don't look right (points to the stairs). I would like to know which of my tiles you are using, since I do not see any of them in your screenshots.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Looking good so far x3

Be sure to explain how you ended up at your home at some point in the game.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Looks good Cheesepeow. Good to see the changed textbox. I haven't seen anyone do that in a while.
    I've only got two little problems:
    1. Isn't Emerald BPEE? Fire Red is BPRE, isn't it?
    2. That wild pokemon grass palette, isn't all that great. That could maybe get a bit of a change.
    Other than that, I guess I'll just say good luck, and hopefully this hack gets further than any of your previous ones.

1. Yeah I just noticed :P. Thanks.
    2. I think i'll change the grass into a grass that looks good when organised.

Wow, nice stuff with the hack.
    I love the gentle palletes and the tiles, really good! I hope you also change the OW, but its not too necessary. I love the textbox ^^; The story sounds great, really extraordinary and different from other hacks I've seen. Anyways good luck with the hack!

I'll change the overworlds when I get some :).

CheesePeow, govoriš li Srbski ili Hrvatski?

Ya, snam ya Sprski. Ali trebash da precash Engleski. :).

I have 2 questions... Hope ya don't mind answering...
    1. Since the story focuses only on the male hero, will the female be playable or not? :\
    2. I wonder who were those 2 pokemon you're talking about? (Dialga and Palkia?) :laugh:

Anyways, I like the hack so far.
    Keep it up~ ;)

The female player will be playable, the story is the same, except your a girl :).

Looking pretty good, CheesePeow. The story is what caught my attention. It was quite original compared to many other stories. The tileset you chose looks good, though there are some tiles that just don't look right (points to the stairs). I would like to know which of my tiles you are using, since I do not see any of them in your screenshots.

Oh, I haven't taken any screenshots of them have I?
    It's the revamped G/S grass.

Looking good so far x3

Be sure to explain how you ended up at your home at some point in the game.

Hopefully I will aye? ;).

I've got the next route done, in which I made my own tiles :o.
    It looks like the DP entry to the forests though :).

I think i'll extend the route a bit, since it's too small to have all those people and buildings.

Thanks for all your comments everyone :).
    I'll release a beta at the first gym, I just need to insert all my events. Unless people want a longer beta? Right now i'm fixing some connections.

Hopefully I can change some palettes, and make the maps a bit less empty.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Alright I got a few thing to say..
    1. I love the story line
    2. What exactly is the airports function??
    3. Wont putting a weather system require a lengthy amount of scripting?
    Thats it, keep up teh good work =]

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Alright I got a few thing to say..
    1. I love the story line
    2. What exactly is the airports function??
    3. Wont putting a weather system require a lengthy amount of scripting?
    Thats it, keep up teh good work =]

2. You use the airport to travel between two regions.
    3. Yes it does require a large script, but I remember thethethethe helped me a while ago with that. So he will get credit :). It will have random weather patterns. I'm going to see if I can create a script that has a low percentage of going from raining to really sunny xD.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • off topic: Wasn't the name legends already taken?

on topic: It looks like a great hack. Keep up the good work. ;)

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • Great story line you have here, I also like the way you mapped some of those places shown in your screen shots. Good luck with the rest of the hack.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Wait so theres about to be two regions?
    Is there even enough memory on the game to do that???
    But I do adore the idea

Years
  • 2. That wild pokemon grass palette, isn't all that great. That could maybe get a bit of a change.

I agree. The grass just looks too...squished together XD
    perhaps you could allow for a little more space between the leaves or somethin

but other than that, this hack looks real good and i can't wait for teh beta!

cheers,
    sir willis

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back