• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Rising (Beta 1.1 (Fixed Version) Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
  • This, so much this. Please, if you are making a hack, always ask for constructive criticism. The more you let people tell you how to improve, the better you will get as a result. And between you and me, Dark Rising is not a good role model for a hack (in fact I dare say it is one of the most pitiful examples of a hack to ever exist given all of it's horrible palette edits, crappily recolored sprites and horrible balancing).

Aside from that, might I recommend adjusting the palette a bit? You seem to have a few 'iffy' palettes that don't exactly look the best. In particular, your outdoor palette:
    Pokemon Light Rising (Beta 1.1 (Fixed Version) Released)

The trees and grass contrast a little too much here. The ground is a very yellow-green color while the trees and grass are very dark. And the spacing between the colors is also a bit too wide, try to keep the colors within a smaller gradient. You might also want to redo that tree, simply because the amount of colors within the tree is so few that there are obvious blotches of one color that don't exactly look very good. Also,

The palette in here doesn't look very good at all, in fact a lot of the Pokeball has been washed out because everything is the same color of red. Try swapping out the main colors for a more light gray or a tan color or something so that the rest of the scene doesn't look horribly out of place, and so that the Pokeball in the floor can actually be somewhat visible.

Shiny Quagire (Ha, I traded for one of you a few weeks ago in Pokemon Y!) is right. Although Dark Rising is a very popular hack & praised among many players as one of their favorites, it's a terrible example of a good Rom hack in general due to me not putting much effort into it or even polishing it & fixing any errors once it was completed. I just don't care about Rom hacking enough to create a hack of substantial quality (heck, I didn't even bother to lock the Rom like most hack creators do to avoid modifications from players. I just left it open so anybody can do what they want with it lol). If you're serious about making your hack great, I'd advise you to not look at mine as an influence for yours. Although, despite what some are saying & thinking, I can tell there's no relation to mine at all. I see no similarities.

As stated, the palette coloring of your hack is not good at all. They just don't mix & not good on the eyes to me. Also, your trainer sprites need to be recolored better, especially the Gary Sprite. Overall, you've got a lot to redo in this beta before you should progress forward with your hack. Try to gather recommendations of great hacks from veteran hackers who are really into this stuff & use there's as an example. If you want to improve & create something amazing, don't be like me & make something just for the heck of it lol. Goodluck!

Edit: After playing a bit of the beta, I realize that you have a good idea on how you want your hack & where you want it to go sorta. The only problem is, it's not being executed properly due to the things already stated by me & others. You are entitled to change or keep what you want in your hack, but you should look into the opinions of others who posted as I feel if you make these changes, your hack will be much better. Again, Goodluck ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Can you make it so that the National dex is received at the beginning of the game too? Because with the regular pokedex only Kanto pokemon can evolve..

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Can you make it so that the National dex is received at the beginning of the game too? Because with the regular pokedex only Kanto pokemon can evolve..
    Don't worry buddy, I will sort it out.

Anyways

Here a few of new screenshots: (I hope you like them)^^

Hey it's been a while, anyways, there is more feature for the Fix Version of Beta 1(aka 1.1):
    Spoiler:

The features would be in Beta 2:
    Spoiler:

So guys what do you like about that.

The Fix Version of beta 1(1.1) will be release tomorrow (16/06/14) ^^. Also the second beta will be release on August {:3} and just letting you know I won't be hacking until June 30th because I got exams and I want to get the best grade that I possibly get so I going to do revision during then.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Beta 1.1 (fixed version) has now be release I hope you like it. Also I will sent some screenshots of it.

BUGS:
    Tiles Bugs
    -----------------------------
    Screenshots are now here, more are coming soon.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    The battle box colors look pretty ugly and bright. I think they would look better if you put them back to normal. Same thing with the trees and the grass. Waaay to bright, the bottom part of the trees look like they're missing some shading. The flower colors are eh, and the mart doesn't need to be recolored like that. Like other people said, the pallet changes aren't good. The team toxic grunt would be better if it wasn't just a recolor. I think it would be better to just keep the FR trees/grass etc for now. Good luck on your hack :)

Also this:

The pallet change on the player look bad, and so does the recolored Wally sprite.

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Reminder:
    There is the fixed version of beta 1(aka beta 1.1). Make sure you download the game a tell me how is the game. Maybe, you could make a video like a walk through/game play of this game.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Beta 1.1 (fixed version) has now be release I hope you like it. Also I will sent some screenshots of it.

BUGS:
    Tiles Bugs
    -----------------------------
    Screenshots are now here, more are coming soon.
    You're only allowed to double post if it's a long post containing a significant update. I keep having to merge your posts and it doesn't seem to be getting through to you. If you're in any doubt about your post being significant PM me and I'll let you know. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    You want feedback? Good, because I'm about to give you feedback. It's not "dis hack is so good 10/10" btw. You haven't acknowledged the previous criticisms people have made, so I doubt this'll do anything, but I might as well try.

I'm just going to rattle off some of the issues I've noticed.

- The battle textbox border doesn't look that good.
    - The outdoor palettes definitely need fixing. Especially the trees.
    - Grammar mistakes. Grammar mistakes everywhere. I'm just going to assume that English isn't your native language, and tell you that there's no shame in getting a translator who's good at your native language to translate things for you. If you are a native speaker... you definitely need to brush up on grammar rules.
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0wTz5TYeU
    This. This could have been prevented with a script preventing you from leaving the lab. Using variables to detect progress could have worked too. You definitely need to play test your hacks before releasing them.

- I shouldn't even have to comment on this. Things like this need to be fixed.

Keep in mind that I'm only at Buglett City. I shouldn't have to give this many criticisms in such a short amount of gameplay. You definitely need to playtest this hack, and fix things, because I'm not sure if I want to recommend this to people just yet.

If you want more feedback, I'm currently doing a playthrough of this hack on the Nuzlocke Forums. I will warn you though, it's negative and sarcastic. If you still want to look at it, I'll give you the link in a PM.

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    You want feedback? Good, because I'm about to give you feedback. It's not "dis hack is so good 10/10" btw. You haven't acknowledged the previous criticisms people have made, so I doubt this'll do anything, but I might as well try.

I'm just going to rattle off some of the issues I've noticed.

- The battle textbox border doesn't look that good.
    - The outdoor palettes definitely need fixing. Especially the trees.
    - Grammar mistakes. Grammar mistakes everywhere. I'm just going to assume that English isn't your native language, and tell you that there's no shame in getting a translator who's good at your native language to translate things for you. If you are a native speaker... you definitely need to brush up on grammar rules.
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0wTz5TYeU
    This. This could have been prevented with a script preventing you from leaving the lab. Using variables to detect progress could have worked too. You definitely need to play test your hacks before releasing them.

- I shouldn't even have to comment on this. Things like this need to be fixed.

Keep in mind that I'm only at Buglett City. I shouldn't have to give this many criticisms in such a short amount of gameplay. You definitely need to playtest this hack, and fix things, because I'm not sure if I want to recommend this to people just yet.

If you want more feedback, I'm currently doing a playthrough of this hack on the Nuzlocke Forums. I will warn you though, it's negative and sarcastic. If you still want to look at it, I'll give you the link in a PM.

Two things:
    English is my own native language. I'm born in UK. It just I in a hurry with this hack so I sort of rush.
    I'll will fix them in beta 2. Thank you for telling me that.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • Believe me, rushing things will make you regret it later. Better do the little things right than trying to get too much. Since you're a beginning hacker( I guess, so am I, no shame in that ;) ) you should acknowledge what other (good hackers) tell you.
    Anyway, I haven't played it yet but I actually like it...good luck with this project.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gonna agree with Amazing Charizard, you can't make a quality product if you rush it. You have to put time and effort into it for it to breed something worth a darn.

Also...on a slightly related note...you say that you're a native speaker, yeah? Because this post:
    Look buddy, I can do the best thing that I could do but I know that tiles that you don't expected but I given credits anyways by the way would you play this game. :mudkip;):
    Makes me think otherwise. And if you really are a native speaker and this is the product of rushing, you should see why this is of concern to us.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    This hack, man, this hack. It's horrible. I'm doing a nuzlocke on it, but I don't have enough posts to link to it.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Hey your hack is very good i really liked it. And i am looking for new event and new ideas releated to the hack.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
    Years
  • I can defiantly relate to Amazing Charizard's oppinions. Setting a release date ruined my hack and now it is two months postponned while it should of came out in august.

Anyway, the screenshots look so much better than before. The tiles fit the game nicer and are easier to look at. Good luck with the second beta!

Link4799

Gage Linkous
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    I love pokemon dark rising its a totally badass game. So when I saw this I thought it was in a direct relation to it so I got all pumped. But I realized it wasn't and got all disappointed. Then kinda ticked because its too close to be uncoincidental. Why'd you name it that?? Its like a cruel prank xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back