• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Lucklocke Challenge

Years
  • Hello! While browsing through the Dragonfly Cave, a new idea for a nuzlocke variants popped into my head: The Lucklocke. With the Lucklocke, you have to have a Random Number Generator, which can be found online, handy. This is because as implied in the name, luck can lift some restrictions or bring terror onto your team. The rules are as follows. Fell free to add your own rules and "effects" (explained later) to fit your challenge.

*NOTE: Some of these rules may change depending on what effects you have in play.

1) If a Pokemon faints, it dies.
    2) You can only catch the first Pokemon you see on a route.

3) No PC. When a party member dies, you may replace that party member, but you cannot switch your team around. Only replace dead Pokemon.
    4) No repels. No running from battles.
    5) You cannot heal during battle.

6) Battle style must be put on SET.

7) A wipeout = Game Over.
    8) Legendaries are not allowed.
    9) When you catch a Pokemon, set your number generator to 1-20 and roll. Whatever you roll puts an effect in play. YOU MUST GENERATE AN EFFECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER A CAPTURE. NO MOVING YOUR PLAYER, NO HEALING, NO SWITCHING, NO BATTLE, NO NOTHING UNTIL YOU ROLL. Keep track of your effects, because some do not apply until later circumstances. The default effects are in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

I hope this sounds like a challenge someone is willing to take on! I am starting my own run of it in Platinum. Have fun, and may Lady Luck be on your side.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • 1. Is a person allowed to use a real 20 sided die or are RNGs required?
    2. I removed the no running. I don't care what challenge it is, that's too cruel and unnecessary.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • 1) a 20 sided die will work as well.
    2) That's okay. I was on the fence about that rule as well, which means I need to change effect 13. Any suggestions?
    Oh wait, did you mean no running from battles? I thought you meant no running... like with shoes. Which would be cruel to deny someone... oops >.>

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Filling out the not required submission form, because reasons.

Name: Sir Pedro
    Game: Emerald, because I haven't played in a while
    Effects: Default, but I changed number 1 to "Take away all held items until next major battle."
    Starter: RNG determined

I'll try to keep posting. :)

Years
  • Filling out the not required submission form, because reasons.

Name: Sir Pedro
    Game: Emerald, because I haven't played in a while
    Effects: Default, but I changed number 1 to "Take away all held items until next major battle."
    Starter: RNG determined

I'll try to keep posting. :)

Alright! Thanks for trying it out, and Good luck! If I get a couple more challengers, I'll put them up on the first post! :)

Years
  • Finally got around to starting this :o I changed the game to Emerald randomizer though because Expert Emerald is broken on my pc~

Did all the starting stuff and I got to picking the starter - the starter choices were Gardevoir, Drowzee and Snorlax - I went with Gardevoir [Wally] because it was my favourite out of the three ~ I set the randomizer so that every pokemon starts with 4 moves- and he has one powerful moveset: Swagger, Psychic, Nightmare and Psybeam -Nightmare is useless though so I cannot wait to replace it and same goes for swagger - Now rolling the rng for him~ Generated 20 (Yay! Nothing happens!) - I am pretty sure that I didn't randomize the moves- but he gained one level and learned drill peck instead of Nightmare - Lol Found May- Wally gained another level while running through grass so her torchick was a breeze :3

First encounter on first route was Linoone - Not bad :o [Lino] - Has Extremespeed Nature Power, False Swipe and Light Screen - I sure hope that I get to keep him because he would be awesome for catching new pokemon! I rolled 8 which cannot be applied - I rerolled and got 1! Second encounter was Togetic (Aerial Ace, Bounce, Mirror Move, Sky Attack) - Caught and named Mystic! Rolled 1 again for it! That would be Dunsparce but I killed it - Yay for OP team D:

Did some quick grinding up to level 8 so everybody is on the same level - Mystic tried to learn Wing attack but I was like meh - Priority is better so I declined, Lino however learned Metal Claw isntead of Nature Power. Extremespeed is just so powerful :o

Found a Snorunt [Ryuki) on the next route [Tail Whip, Return, Smellingsalt, Icy Wind] - Rolled 6 - Yay I get to spend 100 pd! - Bought and Antidote and Tossed it away ~

Ryuki training time! He tried to learn Defense Curl - How about no - Also Omanytes with milk drink x.x

Next route encounter is Cubone <3 Yay one of my favourite Ground types! <3 - Caught and named Lena [Ice Ball, Magnitude, Fissure, Spit Up] - Rolled 1 for it - What's up with all those 1s I am getting?! Second encounter on the route is Misdreavus - Mister Boo - [Stomp, Spite, Rain Dance, Lick] - Dammit rolled 19 :( Ohwell hoepfully the gym bettle still goes well D: Lena, I am counting on you for that D:

Poochyena with Ice Punch nearly kills Lena- Awesome D: Met dad and Wally.. Yay for that x.x

Zigzagoon with self-destruct nearly killed Lena D: She is soo unlucky and I need to keep her alive D:

Next encounter was Sableye - Good replacement for Misterr Boo :3 Caught and named Pranskter! From what I could see it had a ton of dark moves - Because it was keep using knock off and Torment - Rolled three- I checked on Sableye but it only has Knock off as it's only attacking move so I guess that I am sticking with Mister Boo for now.

Forest!
    First encounter was a Memento Tyranitar :_: But I wanted the T-rex to join the team D: (Or pc) Ice Punch Poochyena again - Lena managed to tank a hit and survive and get a kill yay! She also learned Bone Rush which could come in handy in gym.

Route 116- Found Aipom - But I accidentally killed it :(

Wat? Lena is trying to learn Water gun! How bout no? Lol

Got to that tunnel - Caught Dodrio [Kiwi] - Rolled 9 which means that I can heal during first gym battle!

Gym battle:
    She sents out Geodude - I use Lena - Using bone rush - leaving it with a bit of health - it uses Rock Tomb that does nothing. She heals.
    Bone rush ftw!

Second Geodude- I use Magnitude [7] - she heals. Than uses Defense Curl- Magnitude [6] finishes it off.

Nosepass- I heal because I am in yellow zone. It uses Tackle- I go for Fissure but it misses :(
    It uses harden - Fissure misses again- So I go for Magnitude instead - It uses tackle I get magnitude [6] It uses Block I get Magnitude [7] still not enough for the kill! Tackle again and Magnitude [10] for the win! Yay!

First badge get! I am going to go to the tunnel once again - battling the trainers that I skipped earlier and grinding everyone up to level 15 than I will battle the grunt and Brandon and update again ^^

Got everyone up to level 15! Mister Boo learned Shadow Punch which is amazing :3

Battled Team Aqua Grunt - and defeated his Poochyena with Mister Boo and it's stomp lol

VS. Brendan:
    I started of with Mister Boo, he started with Lotad- Two shadow punches later it's dead.
    Torchick is up next - Boo goes for Shadow Punch taking it down to a little bit under half hp - he goes for wish - Shadow punch ftw!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    I should totally try this on HG/SS!

If it's alright, I'll be updating on the details.

Years
  • Continuing our journey :3

Caught Leo the Squirtle in Dewford [Fishing] - Rolled 17 for it!
    Caught Shady the Shedinja with fishing on that upper route- generated 19 for it which is allright because I believe that my levels are good enough for now + I have Wally and Mystic for the gym.
    Got to Granite Cave- Failed to catch Mankey but I get another chance. But I caught Patterz the Wingull.

VS. Brawly:
    I start off with Mister Boo- He start with Machop - I go for shadow punch doing less than half - he goes for bulk up, I go for swords dance - he spams bulk up - I go for shadow punch leaving him with a little bit of hp, he heals and I go for another shadow punch, he spams bulk up some more and I finish off with two shadow punches in a row.
    He sends out meditite and Mister Boo OHKO's it with Shadow Punch
    Makuhita comes out - It's another Bulk Up spammer - It's heal, bulk up, shadow punch all over again - Eventually it dies and I get 2nd badge.

Found Abra above Slateport- And I rolled 10 for it so *sigh* Grinding time!

Back