• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Lunatic Crystal v1.6

Days
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    The game has been updated to version 1.6!

All the features are listed in the description and all the information is available in the new and updated documents, which include moveset changes, stat and type changes, move changes, mart changes, encounter tables and all the important trainers and rematches.

The most important things for this update are the Repel, the PC Pocket, 30 post game level 100 rematches, new Team Rocket executives, Hidden Power changes, some new type changes, and a complete overhaul of pretty much every boss fight. I also added extra events and post game fights, as well making the progression of the game more linear and slightly different.

I hope you enjoy this new update!
    Do we need to start a new file on the new update? After updating the game, when i open key items or balls pocket, the game crashes. I first applied the update to a fresh rom and imported the save, then just patched the 1.5 rom directly and same result. Would hate to lose my progress if i didnt have to.

Great difficulty hack with amazing choices. Looking forward to playing it more, hopefully without starting over.

Years
    • Seen today
    Do we need to start a new file on the new update? After updating the game, when i open key items or balls pocket, the game crashes. I first applied the update to a fresh rom and imported the save, then just patched the 1.5 rom directly and same result. Would hate to lose my progress if i didnt have to.

Great difficulty hack with amazing choices. Looking forward to playing it more, hopefully without starting over.
    Sadly you have to start over. The file technically works as long as you don't use the bag, you can still fight updated teams that you haven't fought but yeah, starting over is the best course of action.

I think even if you were to import and play you could still run into some issues, I changed events between the versions and as a result some of them shifted, so in my test runs some events that I had already completed were not recognized properly by the game.

Due to how the game is programmed to to accept inputs, the shifts in the data that I had to make to expand the bag make the game refuse inputs, so that's why there are these issues with the bag. I tried to play around it but to no avail, sorry about that, hope it doesn't take away from your enjoyment. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the hack (y)

Days
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Sadly you have to start over. The file technically works as long as you don't use the bag, you can still fight updated teams that you haven't fought but yeah, starting over is the best course of action.

I think even if you were to import and play you could still run into some issues, I changed events between the versions and as a result some of them shifted, so in my test runs some events that I had already completed were not recognized properly by the game.

Due to how the game is programmed to to accept inputs, the shifts in the data that I had to make to expand the bag make the game refuse inputs, so that's why there are these issues with the bag. I tried to play around it but to no avail, sorry about that, hope it doesn't take away from your enjoyment. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the hack (y)
    Thanks for explaining. This hack seriously is amazing. I love it. Keep up the amazing work!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It was my preference, but I was open to suggestions, two users here suggested the idea and generally the dissaembly discord agreed that it was the better choice and I still playtested it before releasing it and thought it was fine.

The obedience caps are still there, albeit not so much as a anti-overleveling feature but more of a anti cheating measure, it's still in the source code, though I will need to update it on GitHub.

But it's a simple enough edit so if there is interest I'm open to releasing two versions once I feel like the hack is truly complete, it's mostly one version for now because RomHacking allows for one file to be uploaded (where the hack is crossposted). There's also a plan for a 0DV and a Max DV Rom later down the line if there is interest, I've had this suggested to me on Reddit.

The leader levels are changed, there is a link to the documents in the description, they come in a ZIP file and there's a document called "Lunatic Crystal Trainers" that lists the levels of all major battles, the level caps are the Leader's highest level.

But to save time here are the level caps:
    Falkner - 15
    Bugsy - 24
    Whitney - 29
    Morty - 36
    Chuck - 41
    Jasmine - 44
    Pryce - 53
    Clair - 65
    Elite 4 and Lance - 75

There are no level caps in Kanto, since beating Lance for the first time sets the cap to 100.
    I would absolutely love a Max DV Rom version. Would make it even more challenging. Fantastic Rom. I love it.

Back