• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon meets Marvel

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    FireRed hack where instead of Pokemon you use characters from Marvel (both heroes and villains). You get to play as either Nick Fury or Maria Hill, and your starters are Spider-man Iron Man and Wolverine. Stan Lee replaces Professor Oak as the one to introduce you. Also I decided to replace the coffee guy at the beginning with uncle Ben (I'm evil I know). Anyway if anyone's a fan of both Marvel and Pokemon, I could use your help.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Thought I'd share a few of the things I've done to make this Marvel/Pokemon mashup amusing

-Instead of Professor Oak guiding you, it's Stan Lee. Also much like what the game originally intended, he will be the final elite 4 boss instead of the rival
    -The old man that blocks you at the start because he needs his coffee is instead an old man that just got shot, and a young male is seen nearby saying that someone needs to get him help. Once you progress further you will instead see an old lady there saying she misses her husband
    -Instead of Team Rocket, you fight the Kingpin and his mob
    -In the SS Anne there was originally an undercover cop looking for TR, instead this cop introduces himself as George Stacy and says he has a daughter about the same age as you. He then says how much he loves his daughter and hopes nothing bad ever happens to her 😈.
    -placed an event item behind the truck of the SS Anne
    -in reference to Detective Pikachu, Deadpool can be found it the games equivalent to Viridian forest
    -as a nod to the marvel anime, the pokeballs here are called disks
    -Instead of TMs and HMs, they're called NIs (New Issues) and LIs (laminated editions)

Plenty more where that came from of course

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Hi there. I love your Hack idea but I have 4 issues.

Issue 1:
    There is no scope to show Pokemon Mechanics. Eg: Most of the Pokemon you will have will have moves like Punch, Kick etc. Their abilities will be Huge Power or Intimidate. This is because there aren't many Pokemon moves and Abilities which fit the theme of Marvel

Issue 2:
    There are no evolutions. Like maybe Thanos can become Infinity Thanos or HOTU Thanos and Iron Man can evolve into different suits but what about characters like Deadpool, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Galactus, The Whole Guardians Crew etc. There are gonna be almost 120 Pokemon with no Evolutions in a Marvel Pokedex of 151.

Issue 3:
    There are literally no type combinations. All the Hero Characters are gonna be Normal/Fighting types and all the Villains have Dark, severely messing with the type balance of the dex.

All of these issues can be seen in a ROM Hack called Dragon Ball Z Team Training. Its a similar idea to yours, its Fire Red but with DBZ Characters. It too suffers from the issues I mentioned above. Its a great concept and the creator has put in alot of effort, but these glaring flaws ruin the experience for me.

Issue 4:
    You seem to be an avid Spiderman comic reader (considering all your ideas from above all have characters closely related to Spiderman, rather than the whole Marvel Universe eg Uncle Ben, Kingpin, Captain Stacy). It may be better for you to make a Spiderman Dex than a Marvel Dex because you know more about that section of Marvel. And don't think that's a small section because the SpiderVerse alone has 800 different characters to make Pokemon of.

Back