• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon movies

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Hey guys, I hope I posted this in the right section.
    Ever since gen 5 I feel that the Pokemon movies aren't as good as they used to be (For a Pokemon movie hehe).
    I've been wondering what you guys think of that and perhaps could rank all the movies from best to wrost?
    :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    It's honestly really hard to rate the movies because every one has felt relatively the same. That's why I'll slam the BW main series, but not the BW movies. Maybe it's the characters that are unlikeable, but I never really saw much out of Iris and Cilan as a factor in any of the three movies. Really though, I don't really see how BW movies were so much more different than any other one... Ex:

The Victini movie(s)- some person wants to use a small legendary for evil purposes: same thing happened to Celebi in two movies, Jirachi, and Manaphy.
    Keldeo movie- a legendary with "telepathy", aka the cheap plot device, needs to come some place just because, reminds me of Shaymin.
    Genesect movie- the misunderstood legendary: sounds like Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Darkrai.

I haven't seen any of the XY movies yet, so I can't judge those yet, and I'm not going to pretend I know what's going on by reading a plot summary on bulbapedia.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    To be honest the DP movies weren't anybetter then the BW movies are any different from them, Pokemon movies stop being good a very long time ago since the 3-4 Gen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    To be honest the DP movies weren't anybetter then the BW movies are any different from them, Pokemon movies stop being good a very long time ago since the 3-4 Gen.

Well I felt like the movies have become really bland since the Keldeo movie.
    Especially the Diancie movie which was awful in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2020
    It died for me somewhere back around DP and above. And I just lost all interest in the movies. It just really went downhill, or it was always as bad and I just started recognizing the flaws and such as I got older.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Well I felt like the movies have become really bland since the Keldeo movie.
    Especially the Diancie movie which was awful in my opinion.

Yeah. Pokemon movies stop being good a long time ago after the Original series movies, and the AG movies weren't all that great either.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Victini movie(s)- some person wants to use a small legendary for evil purposes: same thing happened to Celebi in two movies, Jirachi, and Manaphy.
    same thing nearly happened to mew before celebi was even released, only mew had enough sense to leave the team rocket member that asked it to let her catch it in the dust.
    in the end they ended up exploiting a dead mew's power anyway in order to create mewtwo anyway

Keldeo movie- a legendary with "telepathy", aka the cheap plot device, needs to come some place just because, reminds me of Shaymin.
    they use telepathy to add more to the character then "pika pika" facial expression.
    yet the ones that only say their names tend to have more character then the telepathic ones
    Pokemon movies

Genesect movie- the misunderstood legendary: sounds like Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Darkrai.
    and...
    Pokemon movies

my biggest problem with the genescet movie is that they now have two mewtwo's flying around without even explaining where the hell the second one came from. there's only a handful of people who even know of the first mewtwo's existence which consist of ash, brock, misty, jessie, james, meowth, that nutcase who wanted to turn fake pokemon real, dr yung(via scanning pikachu's memorys.) and possibly jessies mom miyamoto given that she led the expedition to find mew's eye lash fossil. and oak, may & max.
    the only thing i can think of is one of the team rocked member's ended up telling giovonni or madame boss or someone else got the bright idea to clone mew again.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I can't just stand the talking Pokemon idea. Yes even if its by telepahy.
    Why the hell did they make Xerneas talk?
    so what your saying is you don't like the aspect of arceus, the creator of the universe & god of all things, being able to talk? it created the pokemon knowledge uxie, which in turn gave humans the ability to talk.in fact, the lake spirits not talking makes very little sense in itself. though, the only one thats actually talking is meowth. the rest are just shoving their thoughts into other peoples heads.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    so what your saying is you don't like the aspect of arceus, the creator of the universe & god of all things, being able to talk? it created the pokemon knowledge uxie, which in turn gave humans the ability to talk.in fact, the lake spirits not talking makes very little sense in itself. though, the only one thats actually talking is meowth. the rest are just shoving their thoughts into other peoples heads.

Arceus is fine I guess but I just cant accept the others.
    We get a cute little talking Pokemon in every movie and it gets tiring already.
    Victini, for example, sounded way cuter than Diancie or Hoopa since it didn't have a child voice lol.

Years
  • Thank you! It's horrid!

Oh god they made Xerneas talk? I stopped watching the movies before the last BW movie with Genesect. Gen 4 movies are bad, so was gen 5. I assume the cocoon of destruction was bad. I know the Pokemon anime wasn't all that great but it had a really high childhood loving theme. And was very memorable, even if it had absolutely nothing to do with the games. Gen 3 was my last hope for it, and went pretty good. But then DP comes along and I swear Michael Bay has been animating it since then.

Why Michael Bay? Because:
    a) Snivy use tackle! *Explosion*
    c) Pikachu sneezed! *explosion*
    151) Electrode used explosion! *silent puff of smoke*

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    still, none of the talking pokemon in the anime are as out of place talking as copycat's talking doduo in R/B/Y/G/FR/LG.

Guest123_x1

The first two movies seemed to be the best to me. The third was was okay, but would be boring if it weren't for Molly <3 . Pokémon 4Ever did have a somewhat good story with traveling back in time and Sammy, but Heroes, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be all that memorable. I have Jirachi - Wish Maker and Destiny Deoxys on DVD (actually the same package that also included 4Ever and Heroes), but haven't gotten around to seeing either of them yet. I've never seen anything beyond the Miramax movies.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The first two movies seemed to be the best to me. The third was was okay, but would be boring if it weren't for Molly <3 . Pokémon 4Ever did have a somewhat good story with traveling back in time and Sammy, but Heroes, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be all that memorable. I have Jirachi - Wish Maker and Destiny Deoxys on DVD (actually the same package that also included 4Ever and Heroes), but haven't gotten around to seeing either of them yet. I've never seen anything beyond the Miramax movies.
    heroes is remebered for something: ashes first kiss from a girl. though its a matter of debate upon whether said kiss came bianca or latias, most seem to think it was the latter. years latter, this can be found in the library in diamond, pearl & platinum
    Pokemon movies

Pokemon movies

this is a lot funnier to me then it really should be

Guest123_x1

heroes is remembered for something: ashes first kiss from a girl.
    Derp. Forgot all about that part. Other than that, I'm going to reiterate that the rest of that film wasn't all that exciting, especially compared with the earlier entries.

ashes first kiss from a girl
    There was a kiss before this... Melody welcoming Ash in The Power of One (though it was more a peck on the cheek than anything). I'm all right... I don't need to be checked for Alzheimers!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to the Pokemon Movies, I would only be able to rank the ones I have seen. I would be unable to rank the ones I have not seen. This is how I rank the Pokemon movies that I have seen from best to worst:

Pokemon The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Pokemon The Movie 2000
    Pokemon 4Ever
    The Rise of Darkrai
    Giratina and the Sky Warrior
    White - Victini and Zekrom
    Zoroark Master of Illusions
    Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice
    Diancie and the Cacoon of Destruction
    Arceus and the Jewel of Life
    Genesect and the Legend Awakened
    Black - Victini and Reshiram
    Jirachi Wish Maker
    Pokemon 3 The Movie

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    When it comes to the Pokemon Movies, I would only be able to rank the ones I have seen. I would be unable to rank the ones I have not seen. This is how I rank the Pokemon movies that I have seen from best to worst:

Pokemon The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Pokemon The Movie 2000
    Pokemon 4Ever
    The Rise of Darkrai
    Giratina and the Sky Warrior
    White - Victini and Zekrom
    Zoroark Master of Illusions
    Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice
    Diancie and the Cacoon of Destruction
    Arceus and the Jewel of Life
    Genesect and the Legend Awakened
    Black - Victini and Reshiram
    Jirachi Wish Maker
    Pokemon 3 The Movie

Can I ask why did u like "Victini and Zekrom" movie more than "Victini and Reshiram" one?

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • The Pokémon movies were never that good, but in the Kanto/Johto generation they were at their best. Especially the Power of One always had something extraordinary, and looked really good back then. I also liked the Rise of Darkrai, but everything after the first movies went backwards A LOT.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    The Pokémon movies were never that good, but in the Kanto/Johto generation they were at their best. Especially the Power of One always had something extraordinary, and looked really good back then. I also liked the Rise of Darkrai, but everything after the first movies went backwards A LOT.

I agree with you here..
    At first they were fresh new and had that unknown feeling but now they just repeat themselves over and over using the same patterns.

Back