• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Serebii has just revealed a new Pokemon game which is set to be released next year. I must say... it certainly looks different.

Serebii said:
    New Pokémon Game - Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition
    Dengeki Online has revealed a brand new Pokémon game for release next year. This game Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition (ポケモン プラス ノブナガの野望 ) is due for release in Japan in Spring 2012 on Nintendo DS. Not much is known about this game yet but it appears to be an RPG game, similar to the Nobunaga Ambition games set in old Japan which are Turn-Based Strategy RPGs and labelled as a simulation. This game is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga Ambition where you have to take over Japan gradually, but how Pokémon ties in, is not yet known. Details are being added as we speak. This game is set within the Ranse Region
    Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Edit @ 03:03; More details have come in from the official site and will be added here as we translate them. At the moment, all we have are character names;
    Like the main games, you can select either a male or female heroine. They both start with Eevee
    Nobunaga is the main warlord who has Zekrom as his partner
    Oichi is a character who helps you in the game, paired with Jigglypuff
    Mitsuhude is a character teamed with Articuno
    Shingen is a character teamed with Groudon
    Kenshin is a character teamed with Mewtwo
    More information is promised in January, indicating it'll be in CoroCoro and possibly be the game CoroCoro revealed

Screenshots!
    Spoiler:

Certainly looks different!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Here's a youtube trailer for it:

It looks a lot... different. I can't wait to play it! :3

Last edited:

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Those Characters are from..Dynasty warriors i mean Warriors Orochi.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Ah, what a truly tremendous game! Absolutely spiffing, I say!
    Might I add how remarkably Pokémon-like the characters look?
    Delectable! A game I simply cannot wait to play, hurrah!

Last edited:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Those Characters are from..Dynasty warriors i mean Warriors Orochi.

No they aren't.

They were actual real people.

Looks horrendous. Will definitely not be getting it and I'm really disappointed that instead of Grey/Remakes/PMD/XD Sequel, we get some crappy game that doesn't even look like a Pokémon game.

Thank you for your opinion on a game that hasn't even come out yet.

And for the record, people who want Grey: That game will not be announced until Fall 2012 at the earliest.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Looks horrendous. Will definitely not be getting it and I'm really disappointed that instead of Grey/Remakes/PMD/XD Sequel, we get some crappy game that doesn't even look like a Pokémon game.

took the words right out of my mouth, I will no be getting this game as well. But I won't expect them to talk about a Grey or a Remake, but I was expecting a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game to be announced.

Thank you for your opinion on a game that hasn't even come out yet.

He has a right to his opinion, he can say that the game looks horrendous by looking at the screenshots and the trailer. If he feels that the screenshots and trailer look horrendous then it looks horrendous (which I agree with)

:t354:TG

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I can't wait for the game, it looks pretty good IMO. Although I'll have to buy a new Ds, meh.

And for those complaining about the R/S, gray etc main games are announced in April and usually get released in September. So wait until March/April for news about those games.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This game looks amazing! When it comes out I am so going to buy it! The only think I dislike so far is having to start with an Eevee...other than that I can't wait for this game to make it overseas!

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • No problem. I don't see why I have to play a game to give my opinion on the screenshots + video that I've just seen but w/e.

Yea, you do. When I saw the screenshots of Black and White, I thought it was bad at first, but I actually played the game, and loved it anyway. Imagine how much of a douche I would have sounded...

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Yea, you do. When I saw the screenshots of Black and White, I thought it was bad at first, but I actually played the game, and loved it anyway. Imagine how much of a douche I would have sounded...

But while there is no playable version, I will give my opinion on what we do have. And what we do have is what I don't like.

Years
  • This is certainly different. It looks pretty interesting. I am going to wait for more news to decide whether or not it actually will appeal to me.

That artwork is incredible though.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm not one to usually be at all interested in the spin-offs of this franchise, but this actually looks interesting. If it ever reaches outside of Japan, I'll definitely give it a shot.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Tactics games are not really for me but I'll be willing to give it a shot. I never was really good at them, like Disagea I sucked at horribly and Fire Emblem I rage quited before I got anywhere. So this will probably be a pathetic playthrough on my part...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Since when has there even been a definition of a "Pokémon game"?

The side series has been branching into other genres ever since Pokémon Pinball and Trading Card Game Gameboy. Crossing over from characters from another series doesn't make this game any less valid than Ranger or Mystery Dungeon which are similar approaches to putting Pokémon in new settings.

In all honesty, the strategy/tactics RPG is a fairly natural genre for Pokémon to be adapted to, and one that it's very well suited for.

And yeah, all media thusfar has shown nothing but the battle sequences and two pictures of a world map and menu system. We haven't been given real concrete details on the battle system or anything to do with the parts of the Nobunaga games where you command your armies and make strategic choices between managing your resources, troops and the provinces your control.

Last edited:

QT

可愛い
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I decided to not get my hopes up for a BW sequel/3rd Gen remake. Instead, I just thought the announcement would be a new Mystery Dungeon game.

So after watching the trailer for this, I have to say, I'm actually quite pleased.
    However, if gameplay is identical to the Mystery Dungeon games I will feel cheated, but even if that is the case let's hope this game can win me over with it's storyline.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    In Mystery Dungeon, every Pokémon performs a single action (moving, attacking, etc) simultaneously for each "turn". There's an emphasis on you, the main character, and a partner fighting against greater numbers of weak Pokémon while you traverse deeper into the dungeons

Battles in this game appear to be based around the style similar to Final Fantasy Tactics or more traditional turn-based-strategy games, where each character can move and perform an action (attacking, using items or skills) when their turn comes around. Combat emphasises large groups of Pokémon battling each other, rather than the main character vs the world.

While they seem similar at first glance, the two types of games become radically different when you get into them. The biggest difference is probably that Mystery Dungeon is about you and how you go into the dungeons and beat up everyone inside yourself. Nobunaga's Ambition is about you and how you command (control) your forces to win battles and take over territory.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Well, I was hoping for a Pokemon RPG, but I'm not sure this is relevant to my interests. Even though I LOVED Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem- which both have GBA versions released yeeeears ago that have similar/better graphics than this. >___>

Years
  • Looks horrendous. Will definitely not be getting it and I'm really disappointed that instead of Grey/Remakes/PMD/XD Sequel, we get some crappy game that doesn't even look like a Pokémon game.
    You would prefer a Black and White re-release over something innovative and new for the franchise? Really what is so special about Grey? Am I missing something here? And of course it doesn't look like a traditional Pokemon game. It's a crossover for heaven's sake.

I think this looks great. I always wondered how a Pokemon Strategy RPG would turn out.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • Add to Cart! I can't wait to get stuck into that, looks and reminds me of my old super mario rpg on the super ness, samurai's+Pokemon= win.

Still would love Hoenn remakes/Third Gen 5 game, will have to wait till April.

Zeus

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back