• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon on Kids WB

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    We are nearing the tenth anniversary of the last year that Kids WB broadcasted Pokémon (Pokémon last aired on Kids WB back in 2006). The focus on the discussion is how the anime fared during its seven years on the WB network.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, it did pretty good for the episodes themselves, although the ads they aired during that time, plus some of the shows, were frankly stupid (well, save for Batman Beyond and some of the DC Animated stuff). By the time of Johto, they got so stupid I couldn't even watch Pokémon anymore (it was the Socka Party ad, I should point out, and due to Ash singing that stupid Socka Party song, alongside Return to the Sea being released around the same time, that I hated singing, and was the final straw driving me away from Pokémon. And no, the fillers had nothing to do with my decision to leave.).

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Well, it did pretty good for the episodes themselves, although the ads they aired during that time, plus some of the shows, were frankly stupid (well, save for Batman Beyond and some of the DC Animated stuff). By the time of Johto, they got so stupid I couldn't even watch Pokémon anymore (it was the Socka Party ad, I should point out, and due to Ash singing that stupid Socka Party song, alongside Return to the Sea being released around the same time, that I hated singing, and was the final straw driving me away from Pokémon. And no, the fillers had nothing to do with my decision to leave.).

Yeah, the Kids WB ads were very amerurish to say at least. Heck, many of the fan made videos on You Tube are way better than the ads that Kids WB ran during that time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yeah, the Kids WB ads were very amerurish to say at least. Heck, many of the fan made videos on You Tube are way better than the ads that Kids WB ran during that time.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm even willing to bet that THAT's the real reason for the decreased ratings during the Johto season, not Pokémon itself, but the fact that they aired those extremely stupid ads (I mean, come on, "We flush you a merry Christmas"?!, Socka Party?!). It's almost as if the Kids WB executives thought just because its audience was chock-full of children, they should be as stupid as possible with their advertising, possibly even with several of their shows (The DC Animated shows were pretty good, as was Pokémon, heck, MIB and Godzilla were somewhat good as well, but beyond that, the other shows were terrible. Like "Detention" [I really hated that show due to the characters just being mean, especially drill sergeant detention lady, the woman who is effectively the main character. One of the ads leading up to it even had her placing Misty, Pikachu, and Togepi into detention for whatever reason. I remember being flat-out disgusted with her for that], even the Big Fat Cartoony Show, among others.), which is a very cynical view on children and its audiences. Honestly, even Cartoon Network and UPN 69 (the latter of which was what Pokémon had formerly been syndicated on before it made the move to Kids WB) actually respected its audiences far more than Kids WB ever did. At least with DP being on Cartoon Network and my attempt at getting back to watching it, I stopped watching Pokémon because of flaws it actually had, independent of the network's flaws.

And while this was after the fact and not quite related to Pokémon (if it was during the time I actually watched Pokémon, I most certainly missed it. My last episode on Kids WB was either the episode with the Hitmontop or when Ash won the King's Rock/lifetime supply of Pokémon chow that Snorlax promptly ate, the same period of time they got to Socka Party), I also was pretty disgusted with Kids WB regarding it promoting Vladimir Lenin with one of its shorts, Peace, Land, and Bread, due to it promoting Communism and Lenin's sick ideals. Video's here, if you're curious: https://youtu.be/KZbho6AsBOc

Back