• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon ORAS Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    "Team Aqua uses too many water types"

Flawless.

Post of the year!

EDIT: I read the review. I happen to agree with them. IIRC Hoenn was the region where they added the most Water-types. AS aggravates the problem since you fight dozens of Carvanhas and Sharpedos in the original.

"IGN is lol when reviewing Pokémon" read it then, it's not too bad.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Post of the year!

EDIT: I read the review. I happen to agree with them. IIRC Hoenn was the region where they added the most Water-types. AS aggravates the problem since you fight dozens of Carvanhas and Sharpedos in the original.

"IGN is lol when reviewing Pokémon" read it then, it's not too bad.

The water is honestly a love-hate relationship. I know many people who hated the seas of Hoenn, but I did find it challenging to get around and I kinda enjoyed it. If I recall, the Hoenn dex didn't really introduce a whole lot of new water types. All of the wild water types were repetitive and hell boring (hi wingull and tentacool).

However, the Team Aqua statement is idiotic. They are called Aqua for a reason.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I love how the only issue they had was everything WATER
    THIS JUST IN! The critic who reviewed this game has been revealed!
    Pokemon ORAS Reviews

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    The water is honestly a love-hate relationship. I know many people who hated the seas of Hoenn, but I did find it challenging to get around and I kinda enjoyed it. If I recall, the Hoenn dex didn't really introduce a whole lot of new water types. All of the wild water types were repetitive and hell boring (hi wingull and tentacool).

However, the Team Aqua statement is idiotic. They are called Aqua for a reason.

I see nothing wrong in the statement. Read the review. It was adding to the fact that Hoenn has a lot of Water-types. Taken out of context, it sounds funny, but in context it sounded pretty sensible.

And really, "too much water" was a big flaw of Hoenn even when the first games came out. Half the map is water and uninteresting diving areas with junk for Pokémon (Wingull, Relicanth, Clamperl). To add insult to injury, diving requires two HMs (Surf and Dive). The land part in Hoenn is far more interesting. No wonder they addressed this in Sinnoh and Unova by drastically reducing water zones.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I see nothing wrong in the statement. Read the review. It was adding to the fact that Hoenn has a lot of Water-types. Taken out of context, it sounds funny, but in context it sounded pretty sensible.

And really, "too much water" was a big flaw of Hoenn even when the first games came out. Half the map is water and uninteresting diving areas with junk for Pokémon (Wingull, Relicanth, Clamperl). To add insult to injury, diving requires two HMs (Surf and Dive). The land part in Hoenn is far more interesting. No wonder they addressed this in Sinnoh and Unova by drastically reducing water zones.
    Though you make a valid point, they still complained about Team Aqua having too many water types. That's very idiotic on IGN's part.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Though you make a valid point, they still complained about Team Aqua having too many water types. That's very idiotic on IGN's part.

In the original games, I don't really remember Team Aqua having that many Water-types. Most Grunts just had Zubat and Poochyena, with the occasional Carvhana.

I wish the grunts had more variety. But less Water-types?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back