• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Outlaw

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2015
    Okay, I think the problem might be that visual boy doesn't read your rom hack because I tested the fire red file first, and it worked, then I patched it and it didn't work.

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I'm also having trouble patching with Tsukuyomi... I apply the UPS to the FireRed GBA file and it says it patches successfully, but then when I go to run the game, it runs the plain old FireRed game instead of the patch :/

Try using NUPS instead. Tsukuyomi doesn't seem to work for everyone. Also try to rename your ROM after you patch it to avoid confusion.

I need help patching my FR ROM cause i wanna play this so bad...

I can try to help you but you've got to explain your problem.

Hey if anyone is interested, I just started playing my nuzlocke of the game on my channel @banditpineapple if you want to play along.
    I am loving this game so far. Crizzle you did an amazing job.

Thanks for making a vid of my hack. I'll definitely watch it. Don't forget to read the first post of this thread.

Where can you get an eevee?

On the route between your celadon and saffron. It'll take a few tries but they're there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    Hey I am having trouble playing this on a mac, do you have any directions to what I download? Please help I've seen the playthroughs and really want to play!

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Hey I am having trouble playing this on a mac, do you have any directions to what I download? Please help I've seen the playthroughs and really want to play!

I don't have a mac but i know there is a tool that works on the mac that patches .ups patches. It's called multipatch, you'd need that one. Now just find a clean(unused,unedited) FireRed ROM. Use multipatch to patch it and then play the patched ROM on an emulator.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    HEY MAN!!! the HACK is pretty awesome, im gonna be doing a pokemon locke LP on youtube. I hope thats okay xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Try using NUPS instead. Tsukuyomi doesn't seem to work for everyone. Also try to rename your ROM after you patch it to avoid confusion.

I tried NUPS and I'm facing the same problem. I tried redownloading the FireRed rom too ugh

Years
  • Awesome game, awesome storyline and of course not big bugs. Some bugs I spotted : One is in the nightclub (First floor) you can go via one small tree.
    And the second bug is that the CJ = Carl Johnson , not Cole Johnson. (Btw, I haven't read all the comments in this topic, I think some people have said that already) Also, continue the good work pal, I love this game especially the Oak's beliefs... :)

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Awesome game, awesome storyline and of course not big bugs. Some bugs I spotted : One is in the nightclub (First floor) you can go via one small tree.
    And the second bug is that the CJ = Carl Johnson , not Cole Johnson. (Btw, I haven't read all the comments in this topic, I think some people have said that already) Also, continue the good work pal, I love this game especially the Oak's beliefs... :)

Thanks for playing!
    On the 2nd bug, Carl and Cole are the same person.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2017
    Anybody got a pre-patched version that they fancy making available to download? I'm using dodgy internet abroad and reducing the amount of downloads would be perfect!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    we are gonna be posting the first episode in a day or two i'll send you the link after. I like how its not just the normal ten year old kid thing lol. Ill make sure to link game over to this link so other people can check it out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2015
    idk what im doing wrong but i keep getting unsupported files from the game to my gba emulator, can you please help me really quick?? thanks

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • idk what im doing wrong but i keep getting unsupported files from the game to my gba emulator, can you please help me really quick?? thanks
    What kind of Fire Red ROM did you use? Also what emulator did you use? I need to know a bit more to try to solve your problem.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    too boring for me, if i wanted to read something funny i would buy a book, i wanna do funny stuff and this is as far as i have seen 99% same thing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hey, is it possible to PM or email a patched ROM? I'm on a trip without my laptop and would wanna play on my phone! Thanks & sorry for the trouble!

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • too boring for me, if i wanted to read something funny i would buy a book, i wanna do funny stuff and this is as far as i have seen 99% same thing.

Thanks for the negative review. I really appreciate it.
    The hack gets way different from FR during the latter parts of the game. I didn't want to make it too radically different. This hack just isn't for you. There are other great hacks on this site. I recommend Pokemon Fuligin.

Years
  • So, I'm having this white screen issue that everyone else has been having, along with Tsukuyomi rejecting the patch with an invalid message. I was honestly trying to not be this guy and looked through the whole thread, but none of the solutions have worked so far. I'm working with NUPS and a freshly extracted FireRed ROM. A new piece of information: when I try to apply the patch, NUPS says "The patch doesn't match the file." I feel like the version of the FireRed ROM is the issue, but I don't know where I'd find a compatible one. Any thoughts, Crizzle?

Back