• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Oxidized Gold

superdude001

Stargazer
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'm worried I have a bug unless I misread something in the post. My sentret has not evolved and is at level 22. Nothing ever popped up for it to evolve, and it's not holding an everstone. My oddish evolved, but not my sentret, so i'm pretty confused. I know furret is in the game because I just fought one, so I can't be missing the data for furret. Is there anything I can do or am I just being foolish?

It's a regular level-up evo. Level 28. Stats, typing, and movepool were adjusted on it so the level it evolves at was raised.

Years
  • Hate to ask but i've been searching all over the ocean for this one, and hoenstly i might just be blind at this point and missed it, but where is the dive spot that connects to this one, i need it for a quest, it's the spot all the way to the right that also has one of the holes (trying not to spoil too much)
    Pokemon Oxidized Gold

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hate to ask but i've been searching all over the ocean for this one, and hoenstly i might just be blind at this point and missed it, but where is the dive spot that connects to this one, i need it for a quest, it's the spot all the way to the right that also has one of the holes (trying not to spoil too much)
    Pokemon Oxidized Gold

There's a 1x1 dive spot in the top left of the Water Labyrinth map. That will take you to that location :)

Pokemon Oxidized Gold

Years
  • Oh thank you! I swear i went in there might have missed something. Enjoying the game a lot so far and i've got to say the music absolutely slaps.

Edit: I actually remembered what happened, i went there earlier when i first got dive and didnt know what to do and then forgot about it by the time i got the quest.

Last edited:

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Oh thank you! I swear i went in there might have missed something. Enjoying the game a lot so far and i've got to say the music absolutely slaps.

Edit: I actually remembered what happened, i went there earlier when i first got dive and didnt know what to do and then forgot about it by the time i got the quest.

Thank you! That means a lot to hear :D

I hope to hear about your progress as you continue playing!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2023
    Hey there. Just downloaded the game and cannot wait to fully complete it! First impressions are great so far!

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hey there. Just downloaded the game and cannot wait to fully complete it! First impressions are great so far!

I'm so happy to hear! Would love to hear all about your journey! Discord link is in the original post, if you're interested :D

Years
  • Hey! Been playing this game for the past few days, having a blast :)
    The stuttering overworld at the early maps is quite annoying, but it does get better later on.

One small question - I picked Clamperl as my starter. How does it evolve? I'm already in my early level 40's and found nothing related to it.
    Another thing, possibly a bug - With the biker gang quest, I reuined them but never got the reward. I might've activated step 2 twice by talking to the dude again trying to see if I missed some text. Never got anything out of it, but thankfully it's just a TM according to the quest list.
    Thanks in advance!

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey! Been playing this game for the past few days, having a blast :)
    The stuttering overworld at the early maps is quite annoying, but it does get better later on.

One small question - I picked Clamperl as my starter. How does it evolve? I'm already in my early level 40's and found nothing related to it.
    Another thing, possibly a bug - With the biker gang quest, I reuined them but never got the reward. I might've activated step 2 twice by talking to the dude again trying to see if I missed some text. Never got anything out of it, but thankfully it's just a TM according to the quest list.
    Thanks in advance!

pretty sure it just requires you to simply use the deepseatooth/scale, at least if im understanding the PBS files correctly, if not that then try giving it one of them and levelling it

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    pretty sure it just requires you to simply use the deepseatooth/scale, at least if im understanding the PBS files correctly, if not that then try giving it one of them and levelling it

Correct, just the Deepseastooth/scale is used on Clamperl - just like a fire/water/leaf stone.

The stuttering early on is super annoying, but I just don't have the time to go back and resize tile sets and remap all those old areas, unfortunately. Believe me, if I could snap my fingers and change one thing about the game, it'd be that lol. Thank you for bearing with those snags and seeing it through though!

If you talk to the biker in Oar's Bay Rest, he should give you the TM for Throat Chop as a reward. I've heard some sporadic reports about that quest not giving out the reward if you talk to certain NPCs in a certain order, but I've never been able to recreate that scenario in my bug testing. Thankfully, the reward for it is pretty middling.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    one thing i wish was made more clear tho in all the time ive played this is the postgame stuff, especially the whole part regarding the aftermath of the main story's ending as it was pretty obscure in the details on what needed to be done, which had left me in the dark and put me in a tricky spot cuz of what seems to be the main requirement for that final postgame mission

simply put: having an NPC that at some point before the point of no return elude to what happens in the postgame even if its just vaguely eluding to it could make things easier for players if at all possible

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    one thing i wish was made more clear tho in all the time ive played this is the postgame stuff, especially the whole part regarding the aftermath of the main story's ending as it was pretty obscure in the details on what needed to be done, which had left me in the dark and put me in a tricky spot cuz of what seems to be the main requirement for that final postgame mission

simply put: having an NPC that at some point before the point of no return elude to what happens in the postgame even if its just vaguely eluding to it could make things easier for players if at all possible

Thanks for the feedback! Don't know which version of the game you played through, but in one of the more recent updates I made it so that the player is given new Side Quests at the start of the post-game to give the player a reference for what's left/where to go.

I grappled with this idea for awhile. On one hand, I wanted it to be like the old days of video games - like the dedicated player finding reward in discovery or two people sharing a moment in swapping playground rumor stories. On the other hand, and the hand that eventually became reality, it's just better game design. Players would have become accustomed to the Quest system by then. Not giving quests for post-game quests after they were explicitly mentioned in the credits is awkward. Plus, giving the quests will queue players to experience more of the world I had crafted, which is always a fun thing.

Anyways, long rambling over. Thanks again for playing my game! I really hope you enjoyed your experience!

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for the feedback! Don't know which version of the game you played through, but in one of the more recent updates I made it so that the player is given new Side Quests at the start of the post-game to give the player a reference for what's left/where to go.

I grappled with this idea for awhile. On one hand, I wanted it to be like the old days of video games - like the dedicated player finding reward in discovery or two people sharing a moment in swapping playground rumor stories. On the other hand, and the hand that eventually became reality, it's just better game design. Players would have become accustomed to the Quest system by then. Not giving quests for post-game quests after they were explicitly mentioned in the credits is awkward. Plus, giving the quests will queue players to experience more of the world I had crafted, which is always a fun thing.

Anyways, long rambling over. Thanks again for playing my game! I really hope you enjoyed your experience!

i was on v1.4 when i played thru the game

Back