• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Police Returns

Do you like the hack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Pokemon Police Returns

Pokemon Police Returns

The old beta release is no longer available.

NEWS:
    • I'm getting ready for a new beta release, but I can't give an exact date.
    • New scripts will be inserted instead of reusing old ones.
    • I'm looking for a person who could do overworld.

Introduction:
    My name is Radium (G.K.S.), a lot of you may already know me, and some may know me only by my other name. I have been hacking for a while now, even before joining PC back in August 2007. After I released the first beta for my hack, I got discouraged by the amount of errors there were. To maintain stability in the hack, I started again with a fresh rom (Still FireRed). I don't plan on using any of my old script, but I'm making new ones. This doesn't mean I'm far behind on the hack, in fact, I'm almost ready for another beta.

Story:
    ~slightly changed~

You live in the fictional town known as Larston Town. This town, like many places in the Walster Region, is dangered by Team Rocket. One day, while you were exploring outside, you talk with this scientist. As soon he talks to you, a biker come up to him and steals his wallet. He askes you to go report this to the police station in the neighboring town. When you get there, the head officer asks you if you want to join the police force. When you say yes, he give you your starter Pokemon and some items, you are now allowed to pass onto PATH 1. In the next city, an officer who deals with new members will tell you that there are Team Rocket bases around the region and you must beat them. You would have to beat them. You will have rival who will be on your side and another that will be on the opposing side.

On your journey, you will face rivals, Team Rocket members, other criminals, and you are responsible for taking care of the problems. After you beat all the Team Rocket bases, you will be in charge of tracking down their leader, Giovanni and beating him and bringing him to justice. A whole new league composed of the best trainers will also be added. Giovanni is going to be very strong near the end of the game, but will not be the strongest. Anime character may also appear in the game and maybe even the Team Rocket trio.

Features:
    • New Scripts
    • D/P Pokemon (25)
    • New Tiles
    • New Region
    • New Story, New Scripts and New Events
    • Play as a Police Officer
    • Catch all the Pokemon
    • More than one Rival
    • New Character and Old Characters (plus anime characters)
    • Different Starters

New screens:
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns

Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns

Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns

Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns

Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns

Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns

Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns
    Pokemon Police Returns

Video:

Old Team/Specific Helpers:
    *Note only the banners so far have been used after restarting the hack*
    Spoiler:

Support:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Kyledove - Most tiles.
    Peyi - PC and Mart.
    Punk Rocker - Palettes, some tiles.
    (The way credit was asked to be given)
    Pokecommunity--For allowing a chance for this it be showcased, for inspiring, and for knowledge on hacking.
    Everyother hacker who has inspired me.
    Nintendo--For the game itself.
    Anyone I forgot.​

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Nice that it's back. I hope you stick with this one. Best of luck.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    it's nice to see it's back in action now and with new style. :)

likey the screenies, 'cept for the rocket grunt who calls us nerds... ]:<
    I'm gonna show him when a beta's available! :P

anyways, I wish you the best of luck with this hack project~

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Thanks, Tropical Sunlight, Hiche, and Destinedjagold for you comments. The beta will be out, I tried to get it out yesterday, but there were bugs in it.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Thanks, I will have more screen up later. I just got a new heading banner too.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Everything about this hack is fantastic with the exception of the execution:
    - Your banners are superb
    - The story looks intriguing
    - You've got quite a large team there (not always a good thing but it should make the hack... diverse, for lack of a better word)
    - Those tiles are beautiful, even after their overuse in the MRT

Unfortunately, the execution doesn't live up to what I expected from you and your team. The mapping has left many empty spots, which isn't always a bad thing. However, the way your mapper has done it, it doesn't look very good. I can't say much about the scripts due to the lack of available material. The sole video contains a handful of errors (easily fixable) but seeing how this hack is still in a early developing stage, I can't expect too much.
    I've seen this hack around since I first joined this forum. However, the thread and reputation of this hack seem to set a high bar which, sadly, isn't quite met in terms of quality. Still, this hack is in an early stage. I suppose that's why it is in the Progressing Hacks Forum I'll be sure to follow this hack's progress, though, as just the thought of it brings up nostalgic memories of when I was just a wee little lad^^

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Thanks everybody for the comments. I know the mapping may seem a little blank, but after I figure out where certain scripts go, I will fill the maps up with more stuff. The scripting is going fine, even though I haven't working on it this week.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
  • make the Main character ow blue and exchange the bike for a pokemon to ride on (*cough*Arcanine)
    and youll be in buisness again good luck

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Looks very nice and with a nice twist on the game with the Police.
    Good luck with it, can't wait to play the beta.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • Lokking Forward to seeing this

I'm making a similar game but with team rocket
    anyways, I'mLooking forward to seeing this game come out
    if you would like I could BETA test for you
    but other than that keep up the good work

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I want Moarrrr! Seriously though, you should post the old beta, or a new beta. I'm really digging this hack even if it is old. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm sure OP appreciates but this is a very old thread so I'm gonna have to close it. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back