• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Hi guys. I'm a looser, I know 😔 I can't beat the fantastic 4... I choose leveless mode when I start the game. Do you have any suggestion? Or some tricks?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    How to mega evolve?

Be sure to read the documentation included in the download. You'll receive the mega stone after the 7th badge and once you're holding the correct mega stone, you can press start, choose a move then mega evolve.

Wanted to report a bug on the first floor of the sea floor cavern, I've been dex having a rhyhorn and multiple times the dust cloud that kicks up is out of bounds. Will upload a screenshot later of it but it's all around the floors and always causes the chain to break as it's not reachable.

It's an oversight. I'm not sure how Riolu could fix it unless he checks movement permissions and bases it on only encountering those within a moveable tile.

How to find "Big Root"?

Wild Lileep and Cradily hold it occasionally.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Here's my save file. And oh yeah, I just remembered that I too lost my save file to "damage or corruption" after clearing the Pokémon League, but I had made savestates prior to me challenging the champion and re-saving the game after defeating him allowed me to keep on playing as normal.

By any chance, in the time that you had been using the current save, did you update the game at all?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    Hi! Thank you rioluwott for this hack, looks very interesting and I can't wait to try it. Just one question: do you think you will add (or maybe you already have) some gen8 tutor moves to the game, like meteor beam? I didn't find it in the documentation. Thank you again!

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    In shoal cave, the old man who supposedly only has 1 shell bell actually gives you infinite shell bells
    Is this a bug?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yeah, I've been running this particular save for a few updates now. Since version 1.6.7, I think.

This seems to have something to do with the bug. It occured to myself and a bug tester as well. Thanks for the info.

In shoal cave, the old man who supposedly only has 1 shell bell actually gives you infinite shell bells
    Is this a bug?

It's certainly not intended. Probably an oversight.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Nosepass in rusturf tunnel has magnet pull and magnetic body. Pokedex entry is magnet pull and lightning rod.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Can anyone tell me how to get fossil pokemon?
    You get 2 fossils per day in desert underpass in lavaridge town.
    Rock smashing rocks has a chance to drop fossils. You can try save state resetting in the trick house.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    how do you get past the cracks in the floor without a mach bike? in mirage tower

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    So... I had fun with this game for a while, but my motivation to keep playing has pretty much vanished, for a couple reasons:

On several occasions, the game has crashed or reset itself for no reason. Most recently, I had three consecutive sessions over a 12-hour span end because the game reset itself after I initiated a trainer battle on Route 117 (twice with Pokémon Breeder Isaac and once with Triathlete Dylan). And the session before that (before a weeks-long hiatus and at least a couple updates ago), the game crashed after I exited a room in the Abandoned Ship. I've had other crashes before this, but those are the ones that are freshest in my mind. And before anyone asks, I always patch a clean Emerald Trashman rom, I use the mGBA emulator, and I was on the most recent version.

Also, in my opinion, the Battle Frontier is an unpolished mess:

-Megas and legendaries/mythicals are appearing within the first 7 battles
    -The AI is allowed to use mythicals and ubers while they're still banned from being used by the player
    ---I brought up these previous couple points on Discord months ago, but the only response I got was something along the lines of, "but Celebi's been an OU Pokémon". Well, screw that! I shouldn't have to face Pokémon that I'm not allowed to use, and even if they were unbanned, and even if there are Megas around, I shouldn't be facing stuff like Celebi, Mega Altaria, and Mega Steelix within the first 7 battles of a Frontier streak! And in the Battle Factory, these can appear in the same round as Pokémon like Plusle, Volbeat, and Kadabra that still have their vanilla movesets. (Never mind that I still got 1 win away from the gold symbol in that run, but that was partially due to luck and the AI's stupidity within the first few rounds)
    -I've seen several Pokémon that are holding incorrect items (Scyther, Dusclops, and Doublade with Black Sludge, physical Azumarill with Choice Specs, Kanto Ninetales with Metagrossite and a moveset meant for Alolan Ninetales, etc.)

Basically, I'm tired of doing everything right and still getting screwed out of progress, and I'm not going to bother with post-game battle facilities that had zero research put into them. So, until these problems are fixed, I'm done with this game for the foreseeable future. I'm sorry if I came across as rude or whiny at any point, but this is just how I legitimately feel right now...

Back