• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello! Great ROM hack! So far I'm having a blast! Although I would like to make a couple suggestions:

- Enable the DexNav in the Safari Zone.
    - Remove the Own Tempo Rockruff and just make it so regular Rockruff can evolve to any of the 3 Lycanroc forms.
    - Make more Pokémon like Noibat, Drilbur and Froakie available. Possibly by adding them as Hidden DexNav encounters or by expanding Hoenn's routes and/or dungeons.

I didnt know about the dexnav not working in the safari zone, it may be be because of the menu change between the normal and the safari zone, i have to take a look at that
    while i know that rockruff evolution thing can be bothersome i dont know how would be a good way to make the 3 evolutions work at the same time, maybe by making rockruff level up at a certain location to get the orange lycanroc since removing the own tempo rockruff from the game will cause a lot of errors on some save files
    regarding making new pokemon available in the game, hidden mons can make the game lag on some areas so adding a hidden pokemon everywhere is a no-go but maybe adding some more pokemon in areas with little diveristy(like water routes) may be a good idea
    i have to make a list with all the unavailable pokemon at some point

Years
    • Seen today
    while i know that rockruff evolution thing can be bothersome i dont know how would be a good way to make the 3 evolutions work at the same time, maybe by making rockruff level up at a certain location to get the orange lycanroc since removing the own tempo rockruff from the game will cause a lot of errors on some save files
    Is it possible to edit the evolution method for midday and midnight Lycanroc to make room for the dusk evolution method? In other words, change the time requirement for EVO_LEVEL_DAY to only happen from 6am to 5pm in src/pokemon.c? (I'm rather new when it comes to decomp and i have little to no experience in C so please correct me if I'm wrong)
    As for own tempo Rockruff, I think you should rather make it inaccessible.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is it possible to edit the evolution method for midday and midnight Lycanroc to make room for the dusk evolution method? In other words, change the time requirement for EVO_LEVEL_DAY to only happen from 6am to 5pm in src/pokemon.c? (I'm rather new when it comes to decomp and i have little to no experience in C so please correct me if I'm wrong)
    As for own tempo Rockruff, I think you should rather make it inaccessible.
    while its possible, it will change all the evolution times for all the pokemon, not just rockruff. but it may be better that way
    My bad. Looks like i.was playing an older version of the hack.
    I updated and the problem is gone now.
    im glad, since that problem was difficult to fix.

Penny55gg

Idiot
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, did you increase Kricketot's evo level? I leveled it up, and it didn't evolve.

Edit: Game crashes when you open the PokeNav inside the Weather Institute

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, did you increase Kricketot's evo level? I leveled it up, and it didn't evolve.

all the starters evolve at level 30 now, kricketune got a major boost too

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2023
    Hi, is there any places to obtain other starters? I looked for Totodile and saw that it is supposed to be a hidden dexnav pokemon in the entrance to Shoal Cave during low tide. However, in the entrance, there are no hidden pokemon in the dexnav - all three entries are X's. Using mGBA 0.8.4, have not updated it since starting the save, and the save is made on the latest version of the hack.

Was also wondering if there was a place to obtain Litten, couldn't find it listed anywhere.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does this have gen 8 mons?
    Yes, some gen 8 mons are available in this game
    Hi, is there any places to obtain other starters? I looked for Totodile and saw that it is supposed to be a hidden dexnav pokemon in the entrance to Shoal Cave during low tide. However, in the entrance, there are no hidden pokemon in the dexnav - all three entries are X's. Using mGBA 0.8.4, have not updated it since starting the save, and the save is made on the latest version of the hack.

Was also wondering if there was a place to obtain Litten, couldn't find it listed anywhere.
    i found a problem regarding those hidden mons, i will fix them as soon as possible.
    if litten is not on the pastebin then its not available in this version.

I couldn´t duplicate this issue, are you on the last version?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    New Update 1.0.6 is out taking into account some recommendations i got from this thread
    Changelog
    -Added a lot of Pokemon to all the routes making a lot of new pokemon available for this game(mostly gen 8 pokemon)
    -Edited some gen 8 evolution to make them evolve by level since the new evolution methods are not in this game
    -Rockruff now can evolve to all the 3 forms by level depending of the time of your game, this makes all the pokemon that evolve in the day not able to evolve at 5pm-6pm
    -Added an NPC on mauville telling you what update you have(the maniac next to the game corner)
    -Some minor bug fixes

Raw Wild Encounter File(I will make it look better later on)
    https://pastebin.com/raw/BzgnxmXj

If you find any bug please tell me

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I got stuck on a wall upon entering the top floor of Devon Corporation and the only way out is back the way I came.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2023
    Same here, also happens in the previous version (haven't tested the new version yet). Excellent update overall though!
    Something else I haven't tested on the new version, but noticed on the previous version: All of Castform's forms are invisible, no sprite at all. Base form is still visible though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I got stuck on a wall upon entering the top floor of Devon Corporation and the only way out is back the way I came.
    Same here, also happens in the previous version (haven't tested the new version yet). Excellent update overall though!
    i will check this today and try to fix it
    Edit: I fixed it and it will be available in the next update

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    Thank you for the update!! Now the pokemon availability is much wider than before (only about 90 evolutionary lines missing without the legendary pokemon), well done and keep it up!! I'm ready to bludgeon the pokemon league with a meme team!!

I haven't found bugs other than the 3 stars dexnav pokemon not giving 3 stats with 30+ IVs
    just a question: is there a way to obtain Alolan Exeggutor and Galarian Weezing?
    since they are evolved from regular pokemon

thank you for the feedback!!
    have a nice day

UrWrstN8Mare

✨ ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ ✨
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    How do you evolve a Toxel? Is it just like the SwSh evolution?

Also, im having tons of fun with the rom hack so far!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you for the update!! Now the pokemon availability is much wider than before (only about 90 evolutionary lines missing without the legendary pokemon), well done and keep it up!! I'm ready to bludgeon the pokemon league with a meme team!!

I haven't found bugs other than the 3 stars dexnav pokemon not giving 3 stats with 30+ IVs
    just a question: is there a way to obtain Alolan Exeggutor and Galarian Weezing?
    since they are evolved from regular pokemon

thank you for the feedback!!
    have a nice day

Exeggcute evolves into Alolan Exeguttor with a Leaf Stone while holding a Strange souvenir, and Koffing into Weezing by leveling up to level 32(i think) while holding Strange Souvenir too but that item isnt available in the game yet, it will be as the next update

How do you evolve a Toxel? Is it just like the SwSh evolution?

Also, im having tons of fun with the rom hack so far!

Toxel evolves by level since those evolution methods are not in the game yet

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    Great, thank you for the feedback!!
    One more question, is the Destiny Knot in the game? (for breeding) Or are the breeding mechanics as they were in gen III?

thanksss

Back