• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Would be nice for the battle frontier to get updated sets for all facilities at some point 🙂

Years
    • Seen today
    Happy April fools guys, as a little joke here is the new update adding a lot of Quality of life features and some requested things
    1.0.9 Changelog
    -Added Egg move tutor, just talk to the move relearner in every pokemon center after the
    sixth badge and select relearn moves, the egg moves appear after scrolling down
    -Some Galarian forms recieved their icons
    -Fixed the Randomized mode taking a lot of time loading each battle(I had to temporary disable the evolution check)
    and this makes loading faster even on the normal mode.
    -Added 70 more TMs to the game(not all of them are available yet), the gym leaders give you 5 each(they all have normal type TM icons and Overheat description for now)
    -Added Evs and new Teams for the Gym Leaders rematches and the champions
    -Fixed the palette error in the Pokemon Storage System with Alolan forms
    -The pokemon summary screen now show Evs when you press L or R on the Stat screen
    -Fixed the Pokemon Summary Screen crashing when looking at a shiny pokemon stats(but you will see the normal palette there)
    -Now you can choose your pokemon when you use the Iv Checker
    -Added Nature Mints(You can get them from the Sludge Bomb Guy once a day or after the rematches with gym leader after you have 7 badges)
    -Fixed Lycanroc ability error
    -Fixed Slowbroite error
    -Fixed Rilaboom and Inteleon lacking sprites
    -Minor Bugs fixes or modifications that i forgot about

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Absolutely nice hack man! I do have noticed most trainer teams seem to be relatively similar to the ones in vanilla Emerald (at the very least taking into account pre/evolutions when considering the level scaling). Are there any plans to spice them up later so they can use more pokemon variety?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Can you add a way to access Mirage Island aside from the vanilla random chance? Like using the roaming Phione, for instance?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    Tbf there's a window that pops up that tells you this when a pokemon runs away

The message was disappearing in one frame for me so I could never catch what it said, turns out it was a problem with the controller I was using because the dialog and message issues I was having stopped when I swapped it out.

Years
    • Seen today
    The Level Scaling works like this
    the levels are the minimum level for each of them and may gain 5 levels randomly and all trainer pokemon are stronger depending of how many mons the trainer has for example the first pokemon is level 6 then the second will be 7 the third 8 and so on, the leaders and gym trainers don´t gain the 5 levels and allways start with that level, the pokemon number is the max pokemon count they can have
    sgv1k2s.png

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2021
    this looks awesome! i've always wanted a gen 3 open world to play!
    gonna try it out as soon as possible and give some feedback to help the development

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Could you make the Deep Sea Tooth held by wild Pokemon other than Huntail and Basculin? Chinchou and Lanturn hold Deep Sea Scales, making them and by extension Gorebyss available from the beginning, while the Deep Sea Tooth won't be available until the evolution items are unlocked six badges later. As for that matter, could you make evolution items available earlier? With the availability of color shards and wild Pokemon holding Sun Stones, Moon Stones, Metal Coats, and King's Rocks, this makes these stones and evolution items available from the beginning, while the other evolution items won't be available until six gym badges in, which skews the game balance quite a bit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2021
    I saw a bug involving the pokemon morpeko during the switch to another pokemon in the battles of trainers, sometimes the bug does not happen but when it happens the screen freezes.

Penny55gg

Idiot
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hello! I have a question, how do you evolve trade evolutions? I got Porygon, but it says to evolve it, I have to trade it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    ^There is a tradeback guy in Slateport where the Name Rater used to be^

Might as well report some new things i noticed after playing around a bit more:

-Wild Beartic seem to have Snow warning instead of Snow cloak for one of their abilities, the pre-evolution Cubchu seems fine though.
    -I managed to get 3 Megastones from Gym leaders: Roxanne, Brawly and Juan. All 3 had the same dialogue stating they gave me Aggronite
    -These 3 Gym leaders also offer rematches any time you talk to them compared to the rest where you have to wait a day between each rematch (it's why i could grind their stones so fast)
    -Roxanne's dialogue is a bit wonky the first time you beat her
    https://imgur.com/a/W9B5nq8
    -You can use Thief/Covet to get a Megastone without having to beat a Gym leader
    -Choosing to Fly on the square right next to Fortree city leads to a funny scenario where you can walk on water (you have to enter scorched lab to get unstuck)
    https://imgur.com/puVVfsS
    -Still no idea how to get a Galarian Weezing (Level up while holding the Souvenir doesn't seem to work, though it works on Alolan Exeggute). Maybe Galarian forms aren't fully implemented yet since the pokedex also doesn't really list them as alternative forms.
    -Dusk Lycanroc has Vital spirit as its Hidden Ability and Sand Rush/Tough Claws for the other two. Maybe you can get an illegal combination but it's not really an issue.

Years
    • Seen today
    A little update regarding the future of this game and a side project that i will start using some of the experience i gained while making this game
    Im gonna start a new project, its the same open world Emerald but this time making it compatible
    with the original gen 3 games, this means there won't be new pokemon/abilities or moves the same
    goes physical and special split but you will be able to trade and fight with your friends.
    This game will also will have little changes to the wild encounters to make it a more Hoennish Experience
    and making it easier to mantain for now
    The reason of this is the following
    The battle engine that ROWE uses is incomplete and its still being worked on so im planning to do it
    again when they finish it and the same goes for the Pokemon/Item expansion, there is also a Following
    Pokemon code for emerald that i would like to include but its still being worked on and there is no
    release date for it and adding it would need to do the project all over again because when i started
    this hack i made a lot of mistakes and im not able to pull repos from other people and i have to do everything
    manually so i planned to remake the game not long ago so i will take this opportunity to make it again
    when the battle engine for gen 8 gets completed

Things that this new version won't include
    Gen 4+ mons
    Gen 4+ Abilities
    GEn 4+ Moves
    Pokemon Changes
    Drastic changes to the wild enconters
    Physical/Special Split
    A way to change Deoxys Forms
    Fairy Type

Things this new version will include
    Gen 6+ Breeding
    A way to change Natures
    A way to reset EVs
    A way to see Evs/Ivs
    A way to change Abilites
    Some postgame areas available from the beggining
    Egg Move Tutor
    Move tutors from both FRLG/RS/Emerald
    Events from the original games
    A way to use Hms without having to teach them to Pokemon
    Synchronize Changes
    Event Moves available in the Pokemon Learnsets
    Exclusive Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire
    Dexnav
    Following Pokemon(If they finish them when im developing this of course)
    Some ORAS changes here and there
    Open world of course(No story elements and you will be able to freely challenge any leader)
    Auto Run
    Gen 4 Bike
    9 Starters
    Randomized Mode
    Hopefully MyBoy!/VBA compatible
    Hopefully less buggy than ROWE
    Other changes that won't affect the compability with other gen 3 games

With this you will able to Play with the Orignal Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire/Fire Red/Leaf Green
    or even transfer your pokemon to Gen 4(They wont always be Legal but you can edit them a little
    using Pkhex anyway) and this hack will be probably compatible with Pkhex as much as i would like
    it to be cheat free

The name of this hack won't be ROWE since this is not a replacement for it but it will be a side
    project since i like Emerald and Gen 3 mechanics and sprites have some nostalgic charms for me
    I will post updates in the Discord and Pokecommunity thread as always

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen today
    Will Gen 4 Pokemon (and Sylveon) that are part of a evo line with ones from the first 3 gens be included at least? Just curious.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I totally understand why this new project has a smaller scope.
    It still sounds like a really nice way to experience Emerald with lots of QoL features.
    I want to ask about the Physical/Special split though.
    Is there a possibility for it to become a separate option, or at least compatible for us to apply it ourselves?
    Of all the newer battle engine mechanics that is the one i personally have trouble going back to.

Back