• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rapture

What should the Omega pokemon be called?

• Hadera

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Devis

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Plutan

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other (Please post all suggestions~)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chao

Lurker extraordinaire
Years
  • I'll make a proper layout for this page if it actual becomes more than just an idea floating around my head.

This will most likely be a hack of Ruby just so I can use that little rumbling effect at the beginning.

Setting
    The archipelago of Eden, far from the four main regions of the Pokemon world. The archipelago is made of eight different islands,
    each island has one or two towns; Genesis is the only island with a major city on it, which is where the player starts out. In addition to a town/city each island has two temples: one devoted to a Virtue Pokemon and the other devoted a Vice Pokemon. The Temple of Balance, the largest temple on Eden, is also located on Genesis Island. It is devoted to both the Alpha and the Omega Pokemon.

The Legend
    According to Eden legend, if all fourteen Vice and Virtue deities are brought together, it will awaken the Alpha and Omega from their slumber. The one that can harness their powers will be given total control over their kingdom – the universe.

This ancient legend has been long forgotten, only remembered by a small number of old priests and priestesses.

Story
    Eden is normally a beautiful place, isolated from the rest of the world. Recently, however, a dark cloud has begun to pass over the paradise (literally), bringing fear and destruction with it. The High Priest Cimarron suspects that the Pokemon of Vice and Virtue have awakened and are enraged by something. You play as a priest/priestess from the Temple of Balance. You and your "rival" are sent on a mission by the High Priest to capture the enraged deities and bring them back to the Temple for purification.

You travel from island to island, doing little odd jobs for the people and, most importantly, visiting both the Vice and Virtue temples. In each temple you go through a series of mazes and puzzles before entering the deity's chambers. (Think Cloister of Trials from Final Fantasy X.) Each of the fourteen sins/virtues embodies a different element and must be battled in their element. They cannot be killed! If you cause a Vice/Virtue pokemon to faint in battle, it will just run further into the temple and you'll have to continue doing puzzles to find it again.

Spoiler:

The Heroes
    Sprites coming eventually

Default priest names - Adam, Issac, Noah
    Default priestess names - Eve, Mary, Esther
    Default rival names - Lilith,
    Jezebel, Delilah

Background information

• The term "Rapture" comes from the Christian belief in the Second Coming of Jesus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture
    • The default names of the heroes all come from various stories in the Bible
    • Genesis is the first book in the Old Testament, while the other seven islands of Eden are named after the demons associated with the seven deadly sins https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins#Associations_with_demons
    • The seven Vice pokemon are based on the seven deadly sins while the seven Virtue pokemon are based on the seven heavenly virtues.
    • The phrase "Alpha and Omega" comes from the Bible, describing how God is the beginning and the end of everything. Therefore, in pokemon terms, Arceus - the Alpha pokemon - is the creator while the Omega pokemon is the destroyer.
    • The Omega pokemon is based of the mythological chimera https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)

I need your help!
    This is just a rough idea, so I need as much input as possible~ =)

First and foremost:
    How many fakemon? Clearly the Omega pokemon will be something of my own creation, but what about the fourteen Vice and Virtue pokemon? Should I just use modified versions of existing pokemon (ex. A bustier Lopunny for lust, a fiercer Primeape for wrath, etc.) or should I make up fourteen new pokemon altogether? Edit:
    Thrace also suggested that the Vice/Virtue pokemon could be already exisiting legendaries. (ex. Mewtwo - Pride, Mew - Kindness, etc.) Edit2: What about eevees? There are eight canon evolutions and I could easily whip up six more. Unlike the crappy sprite down below, my edits are actually decent.

Pokemon Rapture

Say hello to the Omega Pokemon. The sprite needs work, I know; this is just a rough draft.
    It needs a name, and I generally have horrible naming skills. The few I've come up are various combination of "chimera", "Pluto", "Pan", "Hades", "Devil", etc.

Also, I have zero skill when it comes to scripting and mapping, being totally new to hacking and all. If this hack ever goes anywhere, I plan on making all sprites and a storyboard for the entire thing, detailing the layout of each route and town, the dialoge of the people, etc. Once I've finished that, I'll need a scripter and mapper to actually turn this storyboard into a game. ^-^; Of course, I don't plan on asking others to do all the work and I'll do my best to learn but clearly I am a novice in the hacking department so I'll need all the help I can get when the time comes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Nice, it seems like you're actually organized with your work. I like the fact that your storyline is original. I hope to see this progress, good luck!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

First and foremost:
    How many fakemon? Clearly the Omega pokemon will be something of my own creation, but what about the fourteen Vice and Virtue pokemon? Should I just use modified versions of existing pokemon (ex. A bustier Lopunny for lust, a fiercer Primeape for wrath, etc.) or should I make up fourteen new pokemon altogether?

You made me fall off my chair and roll around on the floor laughing on that one. ;)

As Disturbed said, it looks extremely organized and well done. I wish you the best of luck.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    :O

This looks like my kind of hack! I've tried incorporating religious references into my own hack but unfortunately I don't know enough about it for it to be a significant part of the hack. You seem to know a fair amount though so I'm sure we can expect something quite interesting.

I like the idea of having an alternative to gyms but your current idea will shorten the gameplay a lot. I don't like the idea of redoing trials either, I think it'll make the game too easy because your Pokemon will become overpowered very easily.

Also and Omega Pokemon already exists: Arceus. Why not use it? The 14 "Vice Virtue" Pokemon could be the other legendaries.
    Spoiler:

I'm sure you could come up with better ones than what I've done. Anyway, good luck! I hope to see this develop more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    :O

This looks like my kind of hack! I've tried incorporating religious references into my own hack but unfortunately I don't know enough about it for it to be a significant part of the hack. You seem to know a fair amount though so I'm sure we can expect something quite interesting.

I like the idea of having an alternative to gyms but your current idea will shorten the gameplay a lot. I don't like the idea of redoing trials either, I think it'll make the game too easy because your Pokemon will become overpowered very easily.

Also and Omega Pokemon already exists: Arceus. Why not use it? The 14 "Vice Virtue" Pokemon could be the other legendaries.
    Spoiler:

I'm sure you could come up with better ones than what I've done. Anyway, good luck! I hope to see this develop more.
    Arceus is the Alpha Pokémon, not the Omega Pokémon.

I like the idea of using other legendaries, though using alternate versions of existing Pokémon is very original. Legendaries will probably be easier to do, though...

Chao

Lurker extraordinaire
    Years
  • :O

Spoiler:

Ooh, I actually like the idea of using other legendaries. Though, I'll probably have to lower their stats a bit or somehow make it impossible to use them in battle, because a team of legendaries would make things too easy.

Mmh, but yeah, you make a good point about the trials... Hmm...is it possible make it so no EXP is awarded in a battle?

...Now I just need to add some more to the gameplay. I'll try to think of odd jobs and things that would take up time in each town, maybe throw in some baddies that are trying to take advantage of the chaos Eden is currently in. And, of course, there will be caves, forests, sea routes, etc. that need to be navigated before reaching a new town/island.

Last edited:

sparcloud

My game: Pokemon L Version
    Years
  • i love the story line it is one the best that i have ever seen
    and even though the omega sprite needs some more work done it looks like its gonna
    be awesome you have to finish this hack (it could even make hack of the month :D )

Chao

Lurker extraordinaire
    Years
  • i love the story line it is one the best that i have ever seen
    and even though the omega sprite needs some more work done it looks like its gonna
    be awesome you have to finish this hack (it could even make hack of the month :D )

You think so? 8///D

filling space

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    You can edit the catch rate of Pokemon but even if you set it to 0 they can still be caught with a Master Ball. :S

And yes you can change the amount of exp given by Pokemon but then every Pokemon you encounter will give that edited amount of exp.

You think so? 8///D

filling space
    Just a note, its against the rules to user fillers to bypass the 25 character limit. Also you need at least 4 words in each post.

Chao

Lurker extraordinaire
    Years
  • I could make their catch rate zero and just not put the Master Ball in the game...And once they're beaten an item appears where the OW was, representing the captured legendary. This way they must be captured but can't be used in battle.

Oh, sorry. ^^;
    I suppose I should reread the rules, then. I don't usually post this much so I'm clearly rusty.

Back