• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Pokemon Ruby Randomized Nuzlocke

bez850

Professional Amateur
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Intro

This is my first travel journal so I will try to keep this simple! First things first! Big shout out to "Unbeatable Red", the creator who put all the hard work into this randomizer ROM hack! Thank you so much!

Here are the rules:
    1. Every Pokemon Gets A Nickname!
    2. You Can Only Catch Your FIrst Encounter Each Route/Location
    3. If A Pokemon Faints, it Dies!
    4. Must Battle All Trainers!
    5. If Entire Party Is Defeated, Game Over!
    6. One Entry A Day Minimum!
    Again, this is a GBA ROM hack of Pokemon Ruby by Unbeatable Red. I am doing a randomized nuzlocke and will be including video to go with some of my entries as well! Most entries will come right around 1-2 AM (EST TIME ZONE), I hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Day One!

So, due to my work schedule, I won't be able to perfectly keep up with my entries as far as when I post them. With that being said, "Day One!" And "Day Two!" will be posted back to back!

With that being said, the beginning to these games are almost always the same aren't they? "This world is inhabited with creatures called Pokemon!" and "Are you a boy or girl?" So forth and so on. I chose a boy (That's my gender, but occasionally I decide to play as female and I'll do play throughs as if it were my daughters team or a character from my fanfiction for fun) and decided to name him BEZ850, for obvious reasons.

With all RSE games you set your clock, see your dad on tv, go next door and meet your rival, then save Birch and choose your starter! My options were Scorbunny, Rayquaza, and a regional Pikachu. Because the whole game is randomized (including typing and move sets) I just went with scorbunny to have a traditional looking start. I felt Rayquaza was a bit much. The wild Poochyena was actually a LV 2 Mewtwo, so I shot a couple of Shadow Ball and Thunderbolts at it and called it a day.

After saving Birch, I nicknamed Scorbunny "Tony" after my pal who played kickball with me one time. Anywho, I then went on to challenge May on Route 103 after a few random battles on route 101 and 103 first. Unfortunately that included a Palossand and Medicham and we haven't gotten poke balls yet. My rivals starter was a Crobat, which is kind of a gnarly starter to get. So I beat the rival and then went back to receive my Pokédex, poke balls, and begin my journey!

I got my running shoes and set out, passed through Route 101 and Oldale Town, stocked up at the pokemart with some poke balls and potions and set out for route 102. I immediately ran into a wild Dartrix, and accidentally KO'd it on the first try…. Oops. I then faced off the four weak trainers and surpassed with ease. All in all, Tony started at Lv 7 and ended up at Lv 13, with 16 wins in my first day! I will update this post with the video!

Team:
    1. "Tony" the Scorbunny - Lvl 13/16 Wins Pokemon Ruby Randomized Nuzlocke

Last edited:

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Day Two!​
    I'm going to make this short. It's bitter sweet, but Day two didn't go well.I landed in Petalburg and met up with the father and Wally, did all the events, and began to head towards petalburg woods. Immediately, I go to catch a new team member, a tailow I named "Judy".

I step down onto the beach, to battle the trainer famously running in circles for no reason, and he ends up destiny bonding Tony. I was so caught off guard. So then I went back to an older route to train Judy since she was all I had and when I returned to begin the trek into the woods, a wild Mr. Mime knocked out Judy… So quickly I lost my own challenge…. ;( I will try a new one in the next day or so for sure!!!

What a lame ending! I might actually try a challenge from here next!

NUZLOCKE FAILED!!!​

Last edited:
    Back